Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • How much does your lunch cost?
  • will
    Free Member

I’ve just done a breakdown of how much my lunch costs me, and i’m quite happy with the results 😆

2 x Pitta bread
    1 x McCoys Crisps
    1 x Banana
    0.5 x Heinz Tomato Soup

Total = £0.90

It’s filling, nice and healthy. Ticks all the boxes 🙂

What do you spend?

nickf
    Free Member

Apart from the fat, salt and sugar content of the crisps and tomato soup, that’s really healthy. Oh, and there’s a bit much in the way of carbs.

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine is £5 per day but normally rubbish due to the apparent lack of cooking skill by anyone at my station or the fact that lunch time is seemingly the best time to set a car on fire :'(

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Do you only eat half a tin of soup?

njee20
    Free Member

£3 – Sainsbury’s meal deal.

richmtb

Some home made soup and a banana. I’d be surprised if it cost more than a quid. Feeling quite hungry though as I type this!

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

im living in slovenia at the moment doing a placement. Here as students you get student coupons, as many as there are working days in the month. Which basically gives us a 4 course mean at most restaurants in the city for around 2-4 euros!
    Bargain!
    usually get salad, then soup, then a main dish, then dessert but thats often crap like cheap cake or a bit of fruit

DezB
    Free Member

Ham salad (made night before)
    Activia yogurt
    Orange
    small Kit Kat

Probably about a quid. And more healthy than your junk 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

left over friday nights fried rice and sweet & sour spicey chicken; too tricky to calculate cost to me 😀 though cost to the NHS maybe quite large

crispo
    Free Member

Mine today:

Home made soup: works out about 50p per portion
    A bag of walkers baked crisps: 20p
    A low fat yog: 35p
    Banana, Pear and satsuma: maybe 50p?

Can you tell im from up north and saving for a house!?

portlyone

Philpots Hot Special, marinated chicked on ciabatta with salad. Tyrells salt n pepper. Diet Coke. £6.20.

On water and plain bread tomorrow.

rocketman
    Free Member

Considering I grew most of it myself the price would be very close to £0 which is just the way I like it

No point in wasting money on food when there’s bike stuff to buy

ton

turkey/stuffing butty £1.20
    apple/banana/pear 20p each

£1.80.

chvck
    Free Member

Most days, 3 slices of salami, maybe a mushroom and 3 or 4 eggs. Less than a quid easily!

smell_it
    Free Member

Bubble and squeak rosti with fried egg, followed by apple crumble and custard; £3.35 with my staff discount in the hospital canteen, with a free unlimited supply of corporation pop. Covers all my scrawny bodies needs, nom nom nom…I rarely bother cooking much at home.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Probably about a quid.

Chorizo
    eggs x2
    beansprouts
    courgette
    marrow
    shrooms
    sweet peppers
    chilli pepper
    garlic
    onion
    cheese

All scrambled up in a pan with a bit of humous on the side.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you work in a kitchen?!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

At home most of the time. 😀

D0NK

Normally bachelors condensed tomato soup, diluted with milk, white pepper 3 slices of bread then some raisins, probably about a quid.

Today was leftovers tho, kofta tagine and bread. Mmmmmmmm

edited for stupidity reasons

khani
    Free Member

Tuna and cucumber butty (no mayo 😥 ) pint of skimmed milk = £1.30

Drac

I have no idea but work varies on taking something in, grabbing a sarnie at the garage, take away of some description but that has the risk of being called out and it going cold or pies.

Flaperon

If I’m at work, it’s free – at home, about £1. Wrap, salad, chicken (usually), granola bar and sometimes a bag of crisps.

miketually
    Free Member

Today’s lunch was 4 slices of home-made sourdough with ham and some salad leaves. Cost pennies?

maccruiskeen

Mine costs as much or as little as the local cafe charges. I really like cafes. A packed lunch, no matter how delicious I make it, is just a disappointing way to eat.

binners

2 for 99p at Greggs. Sausage-tastic! Why would anyone opt for anything else?

maccruiskeen

Most days, 3 slices of salami, maybe a mushroom and 3 or 4 eggs.

Living the dream!

BoardinBob

1/2 pound lobster and a bottle of Cristal

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Less than the £5 I used to spend at a sandwich shop… and I eat more and of a better quality.

smell_it
    Free Member

Is a salad leaf, lettuce?

s4rpf
    Free Member

Ham sandwhich
    walkers
    banana

so probably less than a quid.

use to spend 5 or 6 quid every day going to the shop until i realised how much I was spending

joao3v16
    Free Member

I generally make a massive load of bolognese or some-such on a Sunday evening, which lasts me all week for lunches.

This week, for example: 1 packet of beef mince £3, some mushrooms, jar bolognese sauce £1.80, 1 onion £0.16, other mixed veg £1 and a few hanfuls of pasta £0.50 (& gas to cook it £?)

Works out at ~£1.50 per day plus gas!

Happy with that.

£1.50 wouldn’t even buy me the cheapest sandwich in our canteen.

will
    Free Member

nickf – Member
    Apart from the fat, salt and sugar content of the crisps and tomato soup, that’s really healthy. Oh, and there’s a bit much in the way of carbs.

Ok, well apart from the crisps.

Carbs, not an issue. i need them for the ride home 😆

I went through a stage of making a massive batch of food for thr week, but then got lazy, couple this with a few pots exploding in my bag on the way in, I was just put off.

emsz
    Free Member

Nothing today so £0.00

Do I win a prize?

miketually
    Free Member

Is a salad leaf, lettuce?

All lettuce are salad leaves. Not all salad leaves are lettuce.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

£3.89 Boots meal deal – Higgidy Pie normally, choc-chip muffin, Naked Blueberry smoothy.

finbar
    Free Member

Nothing today so £0.00

Do I win a prize?

No lunch for me today either. Can i share the prize? Is it food?

Most days, 3 slices of salami, maybe a mushroom and 3 or 4 eggs.

Living the dream

Actual lol 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Either leftovers (so marginal, given overall weekly food cost) or something from the canteen at work (so £3-5ish, depending on greed).

Will be more leftovers shortly. Mainly because food I make is healthy, not like factory bread, crisps and industrial soup..!

Cougar

I usually have a “Pasta ‘n’ Sauce,” these days. Quite filling and ASDA are doing ’em for 50p at the moment. Do I win?

I pushed the boat out today, got a tin of Heinz soup and a couple of big teacakes (rolls / baps / muffins / barms / regional variation name of choice) so that probably ran to about a quid.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Free (taxpayer funded) canteen at work 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Tuna + cucumber sarnie
    2 x apples

About £1.50.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘How much does your lunch cost?’ is closed to new replies.