• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How much does you body weight fluctuate?
  • KT1973
    Free Member

Over the past 2 years, mine has been up to as high as 94kg and as low as 79 kg but I average from 84-89kg.
    I just weighed myself and I'm 89kg. I was 84kg 3 weeks ago.
    If I really watch the diet and do lots (say 7 hours per week) of cardio training I could lose 5 kilos in 2 weeks no problem. I could put it back on just as fast….

Is this quite normal?

Edit BTW I'm Male, 36, 182cm tall, 34" waist, 42" chest

beej

A lot of that will be fluctuations in hydration. 5kgs of fat = 45000 kcals. In two weeks that means a deficit of 3200 kcals a day – that's about 5 hours of exercise a day, with a normal food intake – or an hour a day if you ate nothing at all.

Not doubting your figures, as my weight can fluctuate by 1kg in a couple of days – and I'm 68kgs, 5'10", 39. That's pretty much all water/glycogen being stored or burnt.

(Based on average male needing 2500kcals a day, hour moderate exercise being about 650kcals. Ignoring raised metabolic rate through exercise… etc etc…)

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

My weight stays reasonably constant,but I am a skinny fecker. I'm 5'10",10 and a half stone. I did get to 11 stone,re-started mountain biking and promptly lost half a stone. I'm not particuarly careful with my diet,but eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg. No MacDonalds KFC etc,makes me feel ill.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Weigh yourself pre and post a number 2. With correct diet the day before you can see your bady weight fluctuate by 3-4 lb in a very short period of time.

zaskar
    Free Member

Mine is an elevator!

80kg in Summer, 102kg in winter and 94kg in Spring.

Seasonal and bloody work. I need to keep my mouth closed and stop eating junk in winter and discover riding in cold weather etc.

elaineanne
    Free Member

being middle age means the pounds 'go on' rapidly thats an unfortunate truth. abd as soon as you loose it, things like xmas get in the way…then ya back to square one agin trying to fit into a pair of size 6 jeans… ho hum… ive gone back to size 8, i was size 10 in jeans about a year ago but yeah my weight fluctuates alot and im 43….

druidh
    Free Member

Currently 76kg. Last summer, I was down to about 72kg, and I can easily add 3kg over the festive period through over-indulgence and under-exercising. My weight can easily fluctuate by 2kg over the course of a couple of days too.

1.71m / 51yo

avdave2

Weigh yourself pre and post a number 2

Best of all with a bit of hovering you could weigh yourself throughout the process.

MrNutt
    Free Member

now if someone would invent a toilet seat that could display both my body weight and bowl (silent 'e') content on the wall opposite I'd buy that for a shilling.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh and graphs! I'd want graphs, pie charts at monthly stats!

MrNutt
    Free Member

and a immediate "game over" grading system!

MrNutt
    Free Member

and applause/canned laughter! hell whilst I'm at I'll have a fish above the mirror that gives a stol by stool commentary!

zaskar
    Free Member

You are a nutter Mr Nutt!

LOL

Taff
    Free Member

Don't know about kg but I range from 10 stone to 10st11 in the space of a few weeks. Also depends on how much exercise I do

Keva
    Free Member

between 58-60kg. Can go down to 56kg if I run 3-4 times a week.

40yrs
    5'4"
    waist… skinny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How much does you body weight fluctuate?’ is closed to new replies.