Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 370 total)
  • How much does Glastonbury pay the BBC…
  • theotherjonv

Anyone still watching?

dknwhy

PMc is awful. Even Dave Grohl can’t save him. Appreciate what he’s done before and the history etc but sometimes you have to do the right thing and in this case it’s stepping aside and letting the youngsters have their turn. So disappointing for a Saturday night headline.

RustySpanner

Bloody hell, Springsteen!

Tbh, I was dreading Macca, but I’m impressed.
    If I was there I’d be bloody delighted by that set.

theotherjonv

I know. I read it in the Guardian live feed an hour ago and didn’t want to blurt it out!!!!

neilthewheel

I’m still hoping for a guest appearance by Ringo, to end the evening with a rousing chorus of “Yellow Submarine”.

frankconway

surprisingly good!
    I would say, after that, Paul go out on a high and enjoy your retirement.

Northwind

Didn’t watch, but listened to a bunch of Mccartney’s set on the radio, way better than I expected tbh. Some good chat too (and some meandering Grampa Simpson stories).

If I’d been there, I’d have gone along for a couple of songs in the hope it’d be so instantly terrible that I could leave, and then when people say “OMG you were at glastonbury, did you see Macca?” I could say “Aye, it was shite”, like I do with the Pixies. But I was enjoying it tonight. Would have been a good one to find a decent vantage spot and get some beers and a curry

dknwhy

Just catching up on some other stuff. Skunk Anansie rocking it. They deserved more recognition over the years. Skin’s still got a great voice.

pondo

Caught the end of Macca – that was pretty good!

ransos
    Free Member

If I’d been there, I’d have gone along for a couple of songs in the hope it’d be so instantly terrible that I could leave, and then when people say “OMG you were at glastonbury, did you see Macca?” I could say “Aye, it was shite”,

Exactly my plan when he headlined in 2004! I stayed for the whole set, he was great.

Jamze

Caught the end of Macca – that was pretty good!

Same here. I bet Frome the night before for the surprise warm-up gig was great too.

BoardinBob

RustySpanner
    I rather enjoyed Olivia Rodrigo, but don’t tell anyone.

Her backing band were spot on.

theotherjonv

I also enjoyed Haim. There, I said it.

kimbers

Exactly my plan when he headlined in 2004! I stayed for the whole set, he was great.

Conversely I thought he was pretty bland, he opened with Jet iirc,
    We went to Basement Jaxx instead, they were great

MoreCashThanDash

Skunk Anansie rocking it. They deserved more recognition over the years. Skin’s still got a great voice.

All of this

Futureboy77
    Free Member

No-one mentioned Megan Thee Stallions performance yet? Was quite the show.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Went to see Jungle in Bristol last night. Caught Ibibio Sound Machine as one of the support acts who were great. Jungle were waaayyyy better than I was expecting.

Anyway, we were still in the mood for a bit of live music when we came back so put Sam Fender’s set on. Wowzers. I just love him so much. Unashamedly bringing the sax back into rock music. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Not a fan of Macca, but watched it and thought he got it right as the Saturday headline. Especially impressive considering his age.

Thought Noel was good too.

Watching the Mary Chain and doing my ironing at the moment.

ransos
    Free Member

Conversely I thought he was pretty bland, he opened with Jet iirc,

I don’t mind some of the Wings stuff, but each to their own.

theotherjonv

just to prove the different folks / strokes; I started Amyl and the Sniffers on the basis a few have seen them recently and enjoyed. I don’t mind loud shouty music at all, but this just didn’t do it for me. Now back to the test match instead.

RustyNissanPrairie

I don’t mind loud shouty music at all, but this just didn’t do it for me.

MrsRNP told me to turn off Sleaford Mods yesterday😕 – she’s getting old.

inkster
    Free Member

How much did Burn a Boy’s backline cost? Must have been 30 performers up there!

Couldn’t help being reminded of Fela Kuti with that performance, a generation ago the only place you were likely to hear Afrobeat was Glastonbury, it felt like things had come full circle, with Afrobeat now being part of the global mainstream.

dynamiccoins
    Free Member

I started Amyl and the Sniffers on the basis a few have seen them recently and enjoyed. I don’t mind loud shouty music at all, but this just didn’t do it for me

I loved it. Right up my street.

theotherjonv

PSA:

The Park Stage has had a TBA against it for a while for the 1815 slot; just been checking who’s on elsewhere and it’s now changed to Jack White

copa
    Free Member

The Park Stage has had a TBA against it for a while for the 1815 slot; just been checking who’s on elsewhere and it’s now changed to Jack White

An expressive drummer. And noodling wig-out riffs.
    I’m tapping out.

sadexpunk

I started Amyl and the Sniffers on the basis a few have seen them recently and enjoyed. I don’t mind loud shouty music at all, but this just didn’t do it for me

I loved it. Right up my street.

not very subtle are they 😀 and agreed, i loved it too.

theotherjonv

An expressive drummer. And noodling wig-out riffs.

and oddball onboard effects as well……

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/jack-white-custom-fender-jazzmaster-pitch-shifter

copa
    Free Member

and oddball onboard effects as well……

I have an armchair theory that the technically better musicians become, the worse they sound.

theotherjonv

ah come on; nws differences in taste this is proper rock n’ roll performance.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC has just flicked round the channels and stumbled across Diana Ross – sadly her voice sounds like it giving up.

CountZero

Got Ms Ross on at the moment, and gotta say, she’s really off-key! What little bits I’ve heard of Macca, he was carrying the tunes, but it’s like DR’s fold back monitor system isn’t working properly, she’s pretty flat.

Going to sort out the animals, then dropping round to my cousin with her birthday card, so Glastonbury is getting turned off now.

binners

The words that strike fear into the entire audience of anyone playing the ‘Legends’ slot…

and now for some new material

llama

Listening to JW on 6 sounds pretty good to me

john_l
    Free Member

Just caught up on Roisin Murphy – wow!

AdamT

Turnstile on the peel stage were great. Hard to define. Punk/rock/metal? 🤙

copa
    Free Member

Hard to define. Punk/rock/metal?

Strong Beastie Boys vibes.

scotroutes

but it’s like DR’s fold back monitor system isn’t working properly, she’s pretty flat.

If she is only getting the occasional bit of feedback that can set off a chain reaction.

richardkennerley

Got a few things to catch up with then after being at work all day, squid, amyl, Fontaine’s, warmduscher, Jack White.

Started to watch Sleaford mods yest, but I could tell the wife wasn’t into it so I’ll watch them another time.

Favourite acts so far have been confidence man and gabriels.

llama

If she is only getting the occasional bit of feedback that can set off a chain reaction

Ha ha

copa
    Free Member

Angélique Kidjo covering Talking Heads. This is the stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.