Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 370 total)
  • How much does Glastonbury pay the BBC…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Thought I’d have a quick look at the line-up, holy ****, it didn’t turn out to be very quick.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/

I’d quite fancy seeing Haim, maybe the Mary Chain for old time’s sake.

Otherwise it’s mostly the DJs that appeal.

PJay
    Free Member

the parking up there has been stopped with the introduction of huge boulders .

Still a couple of disabled parking spaces I believe (not that this stops non-disabled people using them) and there is a very small cycle rack in the field.

there’s a ( sorry was ) a lovely country lane that runs along side a river , it was a favourite of families and fishermen for generations . Last count 50 vehicles all illegally parked up for years now , no toilet facilities can only guess the state of the river 🤢

Cinnamon Lane? It’s still a nice route to cycle, especially heading in towards the Tor.

Now don’t get me started about the cycleway behind Morlands, it’s been full of travellers for years. The plod evicted them some months back but left the access open, so it’s now refilling!

llama

Macca’s trailing the foo fighters and playing the cheese and grain tomorrow night. I’ve seen him and been bored, but that will be some show, lucky people going to that.

Pook

And so I find myself watching it.

🙂

oldfart

PJay you seem to be another local ? Go from Cinnamon Lane across the moor to Coxbridge along Plungeon Drove that’s where all the vehicles? are .
    Back of Morlands yep the musical chairs has started again , bound to when they got turfed off of Bretenoux Road 🙄 As for the Mad Max encampment can’t see anyone having the balls to ever tackle that 🙄

kayla1
    Free Member

I turned off 6 today because I just got fed up with them gushing over the whole thing.

Yep. I’m not a miserable cow, honest, I love going to see live bands but by jebus I don’t need to listen to out-of-tune singing on the wireless all **** day for the next two weeks. Still, at least Test Match Special’s on in a bit!

roach

Anybody know how to get the Glasto feed on the web Iplayer?

roach

I would’ve thought there would be a “red button” option to watch stuff as it’s happening but can’t see it. Earliest I can see footage is 7pm on bbc3

roach

Ok so it starts at 1.45 on iplayer

llama

hope we get a clip of Arooj Aftab who is on WH this morning – they are awesome – hope it works on that stage for them

timmys

If you have a compatible TV/streamer then it’s going to be available in UHD on iPlayer for the first time this year.

(insert rant here about sound format being restricted to stereo at best on iPlayer UHD stuff).

llama

Arooj Aftab

currently on 6 🙂

aaand they went to the news 🙁

SuperScale20
    Free Member

How much do the BBC pay for content that is viewed worldwide and for years to come, I suspect a lot.

sniff
    Free Member
    the-muffin-man

Just watching Sigrid – she can belt out a good tune! 😀

theotherjonv

Idles phoning it in as usual

the-muffin-man

Saw Idles at YNot a few years ago – load of shouty crap. Don’t get the adoration of them.

kayak23

Supergrass are still great.

RustyNissanPrairie

Sarah Cracknel / St Etienne are bloody awful, like watching your pissed aunt singing and dancing at a wedding.

tuboflard

Bonobo about to come on the West Holts stage on red button. Make sure you tune in (saw him in Leeds last month, bloody great).

richardkennerley

Thought supergrass were good. Enjoyed confidence man, seem a lot of fun. Missed Sleaford mods but will catch up with that.

Watched Rufus Wainwright this afternoon, got no beef with him, he always seems quite funny and interesting, but man his music is dreary!

Saw a bit of wet leg, not really sure they live up to the hype, they going to end up a one hit wonder?

Don’t get the interest in wolf Alice either.

theotherjonv

+1 to Bonobo, only just aware of them following of all things a BBC news article about the organ at the RAH but loving it. I missed dance music in my earlier years – being a goth / indie guitar boy – but this is blissful.

theotherjonv

Saw a bit of wet leg, not really sure they live up to the hype, they going to end up a one hit wonder?

I was very impressed when i saw them with DezB recently.

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks tuboflard!

tuboflard

Happy to help! Look them up on KEXP YouTube channel too, a couple of great sets on there too.

sadexpunk

Idles phoning it in as usual

Saw Idles at YNot a few years ago – load of shouty crap. Don’t get the adoration of them.

heathens 🤬

kayak23

Hmm, Jesus and Mary Chain vocals are fairly freeform in places.
    Still like them mind.

theotherjonv

heathens

My comment was tongue in cheek – I’d describe them as ‘committed’ for sure. Brilliant, shouty political crap, and I love it.

Still like them mind.

Better than I remembered. And the set is about 3x longer too.

Watching JaMC on iPlayer now.

Guess you have to be a fan, it’s dull as ditchwater and just comes across as a load of old blokes on stage who are well past it.

If I’d dropped into the crowd to have a watch/listen, I’d have wandered off after 5 minutes

Struggled to actually find anything I wanted to watch tbf – 6 music’s coverage that I’ve heard so far and what’s on the iPlayer are very uninspiring

TiRed

On the big screen and project and hifi now. Bonobo are this years find for me so far.

Missed Sleaford mods but will catch up with that.

I’ll be seeing them in 4 weeks, if there’s no-one better on at the same time

shouty political crap

Eurghh 😉

If you like political crap, but with a bit of decent (folk/rock) music – Ferocious Dog. They aren’t at Glastonbury, but I’ll be seeing them in 4 weeks too. They are ex miners and get a bit whiny about Thatcher, but I like their tunes – will probably have plenty to say about the current climate when I see them

theotherjonv
    theotherjonv

nice funky Khruangbin interlude while waiting for Primal Scream.

chriscubed

Still like them mind.

And Jim kept asking for the vocals to be turned up and the guitar down…surely should be the other way round

the-muffin-man

If you like political crap, but with a bit of decent (folk/rock) music – Ferocious Dog. They aren’t at Glastonbury

They where at Whatstandwell Festival a few years back – that little barn has never rocked so much!! Ruddy crazy!

Will be seeing then at R&B festival.

Is Bobby Gillespie stoned/other?

They where at Whatstandwell Festival a few years back – that little barn has never rocked so much!! Ruddy crazy!

Will be seeing then at R&B festival.

First unsigned band to sell out Rock City a few years ago I think – we were there, seen them a few times. They did a pared down acoustic set at a mates birthday at Barringtons before they hit the scene properly

chriscubed

Jeez what’s happened to primal scream. This is unlistenable

theotherjonv

Is Bobby Gillespie stoned/other?

Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Of course he is, it’s Bobby Gillespie.

OK so far, I’m encouraged by the suit and the mass of mike stands behind the bassist, that we’re going to segue into a Screamadelica second half. The gospel choir will mask Bobby’s always sketchy vocals and it’ll be brilliant.

chriscubed

Let’s hope so

Jeez what’s happened to primal scream. This is unlistenable

It’s horrendous aint it?

Are they playing new songs? I’m not a big follower, but haven’t recognised a single tune yet. Open with a banger you flippin idiots

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.