Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How much does a frame devalue as soon as you ride it?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Let’s say I bought a croix de fer frameset in Dec for 399, what’s it likely to sell for now if it’s still mint but ridden. Is there some standard ish formula?

Oh yeah and how can I explain to the Mrs I think I want a Ritchey Swiss cross instead…

simondbarnes

At least half then another 10% per year depending on condition.

scotroutes

Depends what it is. Something rare/desirable will retain its value longer.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Half +/- a bit depending on condition (bearing in mind what they are selling for….NOT rrp).

chakaping
    Free Member

Half +/- a bit depending on condition (bearing in mind what they are selling for….NOT rrp).

Spot on.

Not +/- as much as people might think either, IME.

tomd
    Free Member

Similar sort of frame – I got a mint condition Salsa Vaya frameset recently for just under 1/2 the cost of new. It had been built up and ridden once or twice.

1/2 price plus a bit if it’s special and minus a bit for damage or odd sizes.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Really depends what it is.

Sold lots of frames over the years for more than the supposed 50% rule, with considerably more use than one ride suggestion above.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

hmmm looks like I might be keeping it then!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Expect the 50% rule and be happy if you get more. Take a look on ebay etc for sold prices.

Problem around the 400 quid mark is the bit where at 200 it’s a good buy, at 300 it’s only another 100 for brand new with warranty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How much does a frame devalue as soon as you ride it?’ is closed to new replies.