Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How much do you self moderate?
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

All the time, I often write out post, then just hit “back” on the grounds that no one cares. Probably would for this one as well, but since its a special occasion…

sums me up aswell…

camo16
    Free Member

Confused as to whether you think it was an intentional mistake or not, and whether it is in fact a mistake or not?
    It wasn’t meant to be a hidden ‘aren’t I funny?’ error. Just an abbreviation of ‘what is’, as in “what is (what’s) the point?”.
    IMO “Whats the point?” would be incorrect…..

Hmmmm, shall I delete this post of hit send post…..hmmmmmm

Sorry. Of course it’s not a mistake. Just thought that I’d balance the negativity of the grammar police with a bit of idiotic positivity. Bit silly, really. My bad. Apologies.

It’s what happens (at least to me) the more I read these forums – I see a comment, I hurry to write something (not sure why, but it’s better than working I guess), I click Send Post and then wonder: what the hell I was thinking?

< post-modern angst ensues >

stumpy01

@ camo16 – thanks for your idiotic positivity! It was much appreciated.

😀

Grammar Police; be gone!!

PS – did you like the use of my semi-colon there??!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Rarely, only occasionally when I know it’ll start an argument that I don’t have time to fully explore.

camo16
    Free Member

stumpy01: a semi-colon is ALWAYS an inspired grammatical choice: it’s sophisticated; stylish; and better than an em dash any day of the week!

Now, when can you use these: { } ?

yunki
    Free Member

my waking state can swing rapidly between somnambulistic and psychotic.. and I can also be emotional and impulsive.. so the majority of anything that I think or feel is ill-considered knee jerk nonsense or at best not even slightly interesting..

About 60% of my potential input to the forum ends up on the cutting room floor..

and I deliberate far too laboriously over the posts that make the grade.. TSYs 90 minute post construction would be considered impetuous and whimsical in comparison..

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

All the time, I often write out post, then just hit “back” on the grounds that no one cares. Probably would for this one as well, but since its a special occasion…

+1 for anything involving politics or religion, and doubly so if the thread has attracted the attention of TJ, Elfinsafety or Woppit. I have occasionally lapsed, but I try and remind myself that, as a lefty youth worker (who also happens to be a Christian), I have more effective platforms for spreading my malign influence in the world 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

All together now in an Italian Job stylee if you please…
    A 1, a 2, a 1.2.3..

This is a self modertaion society,
    The self moderation society.

Go wash your German band and boat race too,
    Comb your bonny fair, we’ve got a lot to do,
    Put on your dickey bow and your Peckham Rye,
    ‘Cos times soon hurrying by..

Get your skates on mate,
    Get your skates on mate,
    No bib around your Gregory Peck today,
    Hey!
    Drop your plates of neat,
    Right upon the seat..

Put on your almond rocks and daisy roots,
    Brush your Hampstead Heath, wear your whistle and flute,
    Lots of la-di-dahs and cockneys here,
    Look alive and get in your gear,

Get your skates on mate,
    Get your skates on mate,
    No bib around your Gregory Peck today,
    Hey!
    Right upon the seat..

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

bikebouy: Moderation needed.

Right upon the seat..

should read:

Drop your plates of meat,
    Right upon the seat.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Gaw blimey apples n pears on the old dog n bone strike a light guv’nor lawks a mercy and no mistake.

Stop!

Carry On…

(Actually pic self-moderated for maybe being a bit too saucy for Teacher to cope with….)

Hyakhyakhyakhyak….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Harrrdy harrrr har..

I should have put in a limitless number of ………..’s and a repeat to fade just to get you all “nel modo” Just as the coach teeters on the edge of that ravine..
    But that would mean I’ve over posted, lack of moderation, internal dichotomy, frontal labotomy, moderation typo sodomy.

Helios
    Free Member

Me too… I usually make a point of not posting on threads* where certain other users have posted. I don’t want to get dragged into their nasty little world of attention-seeking vitriol.

*This is an exception – but I’m also recognising the special occasion.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How much do you self moderate?’ is closed to new replies.