Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How much do you actually ride your bikes?
  • Smee
    Free Member

Seems like there are a hell of a lot of folk on here that buy a nice shiny bike and never ride it.

So how much do you actually ride your bikes?

I’ve done around 250 miles this week.

rOcKeTdOg

i only ride one at a time, shiny or not

matt_outandabout

Not enough.

IHN

Lately, not enough. As of tomorrow, every day.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

**** all. It spoils them.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Bikes?

I’m only here under the promise of lightly cooked kittens.

tum-yeto
    Free Member

one i ride all the time, the others just sit there making me feel guilty.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i ridwhenever i get the chance. With three kids and a missus too keep happy thats no t as often as id like. A typical week for me is one 2-3hr night ride and one good long ride in the week on top of that icycle to and from work everyday. I try and have at least one week during the year where i will go and ride somewhere new, last year i did the 7 stanes and so far this year ive already been to sierra neveda and planning on a camping holiday in north wales for easter holidays with my eldest 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Only 4 days this week.

will
    Free Member

Last week did 90 miles.

45 mile ride on the cx bike
    25 miles today on MTB
    20 miles commute for the week

mrmojo
    Free Member

Not nearly as much since my daughter was born .. Try and get out most night’s even it’s for an hour and 1 full day at w/end.
    But do try to keep it as shinning as possible 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

5hrs but only when I’m not manic in the office.
    Sometimes the HT, sometimes the full sus’.
    Meaning I have some 3.5 bikes going onto eBay in the near future (sob!).
    Tim

TheSwede
    Free Member

Took a trip down to the spar shop today. Covered about 1/2 a mile. Popped a wheelie and dropped of a curb on my ti deluxe, on the way back I dodged a cat, manual’d the car park and railed a burm of sand in a gutter. Sweet sweet ride. Oh and went out on the road bike for a few hours. Dull. Distance is nothing. Its the experience acquired along the way. IMO.

solamanda
    Free Member

I don’t do ‘miles’ but this weekend I did about 10 hours. Most weeks I manage about 8-15 hours.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I ride most days as I don’t have a car if commuting and running errands counts. Tends to be one or two “proper” mtb rides a week – total mileage between 50 -100 miles a week most weeks of the year. Sometimes more occasionally less

sturmey
    Free Member

At least an hour every weekday 10-15 milesish a little bit more on fridays due to early finish and what ever I can fit in on the weekend,that can be any mix of road and mtb. going to start riding nights again when trouties light housing arrives.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Every day . . . that’s why I have to change them so often 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I’ve done 155 off road and 245 on road this year which I’m disappointed in but I have to travel at times in my job and missed a weekend being ill.

alpin
    Free Member

last two weeks: twice. to town and back. 12km off road through 18″ snow mind.

too much snow on the roads/bike paths for RADL and can’t be bothered taking the ‘fun’ route on the mtb because it takes too long, 45 mins and it’s **** cold here in munich.

oh, it’s snowing right now too…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is it a Baby Robin?

I’m fluent in 18 languages, can play the harp, piano, trombone, violin, drums and ukele to concert standard, have won Wimbledon 5 times, was the first F1 World Champion to have been born in Hackney, am an international footballer with Argentina, and my paintings sell for upwards of £25 million.

Don’t ride me bikes that much, though.. 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

250 miles in a week!! I wish I had that sort of time. Probably the most I’ve done on a regular basis is about 150 a week but not for a long time. I average around 90 miles a week at the moment although I have weeks when I’ll fit in a big road ride and do more.

nickc

As much or as little as I feel like. It’s a hobby not a competition.

EdwardH

As I work away 5 1/2 weeks out of every 10, about 1/4 of what I would like. I do have access to an excercize bike and do an hour 5 or 6 nights a week when away. So I dont die on my first cycle after getting home.

Goz
    Free Member

Ride 5 days out of 7,on road and off….more road of late coz of the weather/ trail conditions.

sharki
    Free Member

after a seasonal lull of a month i’m be back on it…
    One bike, no less than 4 times a week, average of 20 miles each ride and all off road.

Keva
    Free Member

6 days a week, usually do between 70-90 miles each week, every week.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Most days. Except when it’s too cold, too wet, too muddy, too hot,too cloudy, too windy or too far.

Which is most days

Dibbs
    Free Member

I do between three and three & a half thousand miles a year split between five bikes.

zaskar
    Free Member

Ride to work if not raining-mud guards 2B fitted on wednesday…

Rode today on roadbike to shop for single speedstuff.

2 mtbs in lounge needing 1 caliper and **** fork.

Yeah I’m gonna post on here-I don’t ride 12 hrs everyday -gotta recover or do something while at work!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Nearly caught me responding to that…

😉

Ya big troll 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

Think running Sunday to Saturday last week, probably around 350 miles last week, this week coming up i’ll try and get 80-100 miles a day on road bike from monday-friday (weather and wind permitting), then around 40-50 miles on mtb, hopefully more. Normally, i commmute 200 miles a week, 40-50 mtb then when nights get lighter prob an extra 200 on road bike. My aim is 450-500 miles a week on bikes (weather and wind permitting), plus 50-70km running. Go Radoggair

Smee
    Free Member

radoggair – that explains a thing or two.

radoggair
    Free Member

Doesn’t explain why i like to wear my girlfriends knickers after 9pm though, does it?? 😀

akira

Only when I can.

Smee
    Free Member

Is it some sort of barse treatment? to either heal the affected area or make it tougher.

snaps
    Free Member

Between 99 & 2001 I did over 33000 miles on the MTB! These days its 3 or 4 times a week around 15 miles each ride.

akira

Barse really should be a word, very descriptive of something.

radoggair
    Free Member

Defo make it tougher, especially since i lost my gilette and tried to shave the nether region with an electric and ended up cutting it. 😳

sq225917
    Free Member

4-8 hours a week, kids innit, used to ride 4x that much.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I don’t ride half as much as i used to; it’s just finding the time. 30 something miles commuting and a ride or two offroad of maybe 12 miles each if i’m lucky. Once the spring comes, days are longer and trails dry out, i’ll do a bit more if the old bones’ll stand it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How much do you actually ride your bikes?’ is closed to new replies.