Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • How much Coffee do you get through?
  • the-muffin-man

On the back of the other thread I’ve just worked out I’m drinking about 28 pints of coffee per week! 😬

Split about 65% proper to 35% decaff.

weeksy

lol i don’t know, but i’m sure it’s not that much !!!!

How many mugs a day of an average greasy spoon size mug ?

mert
    Free Member

About 5 or 6 mouthfuls in ~50 years.

Probably too much

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alan1977
    Free Member

~6 mugs on a work day?

snotrag

2-3 a day. Drank as everything between a quick Espresso through to a gigantic milky frothy chocolately pudding in a glass as a special treat every so often.

fazzini

Too much probably. Has been this way since I quit smoking 20 years ago. I only ever used to drink tea; then quit smoking and started drinking coffee

ta11pau1

One large mug is about half a pint, so that’s 8 mugs a day, every day! 😱

On weekdays I’m on about 4 mugs a day (one when I wake up, mid morning, lunch, afternoon) then weekends maybe 2 a day.

So 12 pints a week for me, roughly. All normal, I don’t do decaf! Split evenly between black and milky (black pre-12 for intermittent fasting).

No sugar, I’m sweet enough. 😁

johnners
    Free Member

Half a gallon a day? That sounds like quite a lot, you must have a miserable time of it if you have to have a day off for any reason!
    I suppose I average about a mug a day but I have to control my fluid intake so can’t really just drink what I happen to fancy

Klunk
    Free Member

about 1.5 kilos of beans a month

Cougar

I had a caffeine problem.

As a kid my gran used to say, “he’s a right tea-belly.” As I got older I started drinking coffee as I had no tolerance for crap tea away from home. By the time I was in my 40s I was chaining the stuff, there was never an empty mug on my desk at work.

It got to a point where I wasn’t sleeping. I’d get the shakes throughout the day and I’d feel like death warmed up in a morning, you know that “need a brew” feeling? So I went pretty much cold turkey and it was horrendous for about a week.

Fast-forward to today I have a strong coffee in the morning, occasionally. A couple of cups of tea during a day maybe, usually not. If I do have coffee during the day it’ll be decaf. Since working from home I’ve replaced the office “brew time” with caffeine-free cola, orange juice or water. And honestly, I feel better for it. I realised that the morning ‘need’ was just staving off the withdrawal from the previous day’s intake. I’m sleeping better. And TMI perhaps but, I sweat a lot less.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mug of coffee flavored hot frothy milk with breakfast to upset the purists. Mini cafetiere at work either mid morning or mid afternoon depending on what time I started. And that’s about it.

I do drink litres of tea though, 9 cups a day? Swapping to decaff once I’m home from work.

tomhoward

Whatever passes my lips in the form of tiramisu.

monkeyboyjc

2mugs min of caffeinated and prob another 2 decaff per day

ads678

2 or 3 cups a day. My water heater/kettle is set to 260ml, so 780ml a day weekdays, probably only 1 cup on a weekend day.

luket

2-3 a day, flat white or just a mug of black coffee so each is basically a double espresso plus milk/water. I kind of feel like I should cut back a bit but given the other thread on booze I probably ought to deal with that first…

fasthaggis

Coffee,probably about 7-8 pints a week.
    Tea is my drug though, over 20 pints a week.

The only time I say no to a cup of tea,is when I have a cup in my hand. 😉

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Probably 1kg a month-ish…

fossy

4 or 5 cups a day. Rarely any after 1 or 2pm.

daviek

not often I dont have a coffee on the go but I’ve been on decaff for years now with the occasional cup of proper stuff. Used to be able to have a big mug of the stuff before bed and still go to sleep which annoyed the wife no end. I remember coming off of it and it wasnt nice, had a headache for 3 or 4 days.

bigdaddy

Coffee is foul! Never actually tried it as I can’t get past the awful smell! Don’t drink tea either – don’t get the hot drinks thing at all (unless I’m really cold and unhappy and a hot chocolate goes down). Maybe I’m weird!

MoreCashThanDash

So far today one mug of aeropress coffee at home, 2 dodgy Cista cappuccinos from the canteen at work one proper cappuccino from a local artisan coffe lounge on my lunch break.

Even with my “no caffeine after 3pm” rule, need to drop one of the dodgy work coffees

willard

Two stovetop espresso makers a day. Maybe a third on special occasions.

Waaaaay less than I was drinking when I worked in a office.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

About two large mugs a day, fairly strong. I was drinking twice that but despite not having any caffeine after about a 2pm I was sleeping really badly. Been sleeping better since reducing it.

ico86

1kg seems to last about 1.5 months. Usually espresso drinks but aeropress if I’m away. This thread is making me feel better about my consumption!
    There are a few places that sell half and half decaff/regular beans but I guess you could mix them up yourself too. I find it’s a good mix of keeping the taste and dropping the caffeine. Taste is obviously personal but I’ve not yet found a decaf bean that I like drinking straight up.

Out of interest what spread of times do we have for caffeine curfews? There’s 3pm above, I try to keep to 1pm (or lunchtime), my mate has 10am.
    My parents have no such thing, they regularly have a cup of instant coffee before bed and then complain that they don’t sleep properly any more.

ta11pau1

Nothing after 4pm ish for me, coffee at night is crazy! Reminds of my youth drinking vodka red bulls on a night out, you’d be laid awake at 3am staring at the ceiling with your heart going 120bpm… 🤣

branes

1Kg of beans a month here, ground and squeezed in an aeropress.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

At home I have about four big cups (and I mean BIG) a day. Never after (say) 11am, and only ever made in my big cafetière.

bjhedley

Bonus of being a coffee snob, now only drink ‘good’ coffee.

This equates to an espresso/Flat white at home for breakfast, and a filter/aeropress mid morning at work. Maybe another espresso at lunch if I go out of the office.

Instant, you can keep it.

Coffee

a11y

Most days I’ll have 4 BIG black coffees – around 300-350ml each apparently! Caffeine curfew for me is post-lunch, I’ll make my last one to take back to the office when I’m having lunch.

I fully blame MTBing for my coffee consumption: until I rode at SITS in about 2004 I had no desire to ever drink coffee, but lapping around the edge of the campsite at Trentham Gardens as everyone was making breakfast in the morning and (literally) waking up and smelling the coffee changed me forever.

theotherjonv

If a mug is a half pint*, then somewhere between 3-4 pints per day of tea and coffee combined. I drink virtually nothing else, no squash, juice, water, or alcohol unless actually riding or to quench a thirst after a ride.

* not sure, I think my mug’s a bit bigger but then it makes my consumption worse so happy to go with it.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Oh this is one for me for sure … let me think.

Ok so beans, around 1.5Kg per week

So pints, large mug is an easy half pint, probably two per hour on working day, so that’s 7 pints let’s call it, plus two before breakfast or with and two with or after dinner, so that’s 9 pints a day plus regular COSTA when out and about riding etcetera.

So lots, BUT (intentionally big but) caffeine is a drug and it can really effect people and some people really badly, Mrs is one of those and hence 95% of all the coffee I drink is decaff, although even when we had caffeine in the house it had no effect on me, real bugger actually as there was no caffeine high for late night etcetera, just doesn’t seem to touch me for some reason.

And before some smrty goes you were always wired I used to go no caffeine for a month in 4 to make sure even on caffeine and made no difference, other than ironically I slept less 🙂

Yep that user name is real.

James

the-muffin-man

The sleep thing has never affected me either. Head > Pillow > Sleep

I may get up in the night for a pee though! 🙂

andydt82

2-4 ‘proper’ coffees per day, plus 1-2 decaff/instant or tea. Seems pretty average looking at other replies.

tomtomthepipersson

2 or 3 black coffees a day here – think my bean subscription is 1kg every 5 weeks. And no coffee after about 4pm ish.

Other than coffee I only really drink squash. A couple of litres a day probably.

rone

Coffee is the reason to get up early and get on with stuff.

1-2KG a month or so. 2-4 20g in and 40g out.

Good coffee is a fantastic and deep flavoured drink with many health benefits.

When I come off it I get a mild headache and don’t feel any better over time.

I’m sticking with it. None after 4.

I’ve never been impressed with any decaf coffee so send your links.

Daffy

Maximum 2 a day. Maybe 500g of beans a month.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Couple of pints first thing then on to tea/booze.

peter1979
    Free Member

None. Caffeine doesn’t really sit well with me (gives me the sakes and a dodgy tummy) and to be honest I think coffee is not great tasting. I have a decaf tea in the morning.
    I think if you’re doing more than a few cups per day then it will probably not be good for you.
    My friend used to complain of bad headaches at weekends and from just asking him a few questions about his coffee intake during the week it was clear he was having caffeine withdrawal on the weekends.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Two large mugs per day (caffeinated), on average, supplemented by at least four cups of decaf tea…

bfw

My best friend is my Gaggia Bean to cup coffee machine. 🙂

I drink two shots a day but really nice coffee I get from Monmouth Coffee.

I think have a single tea in the afternoon and a couple in the evening. The rest is water.

I dont drink so dont be taking my coffee away!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.