Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How much Booze for a wedding…
  • footflaps

I’ve got to buy all the drink for ours, so need to work out how much to buy…

What is the going rate for % of a bottle per person for Celebration after ceremony – 1/3 bottle?
    Then for toasts with speeches – 1/3 bottle again?
    Then for with meal – 1/2 bottle each?

Not a particularly boozy bunch.

binners

Few of these and you’re laughing

Gets the fighting off to a cracking start too. So its a win/win

grum
    Free Member

Sounds like plenty. Not everyone drinks wine.

Rockape63
    Free Member

you don’t want to run out…….get double what you’ve suggested and any left over can be saved for a rainy or sunny day!

binners

Sounds like plenty. Not everyone drinks wine.

Very true. Don’t forget….

martinhutch

We averaged it out at 1 bottle between 2 people, plus a glass of champagne on the way in, and another for the toasts, As has been said, plenty of people will go and get a beer or not drink.

A considerable number of people were utterly rat-faced, so we could have got away with less.

footflaps

Gets the fighting off to a cracking start too. So its a win/win

We’ve scheduled the punch ups for After the cake cutting…..

binners

Go for quality not quantity….

footflaps

OK, for the non wine drinkers, what would be a good selection – I was thinking mainly bottled beers and a selection of soft drinks eg those fruit juice things…

footflaps

Go for quality not quantity….

I was thinking more Blue Nun, goes with the colour scheme better….

willard

We worked on a bottle of white and a bottle of red per person, plus half a bottle of champagne for toasts.

However, we forgot to take into account the children attending and the drivers/non-drinkers so ended up with a lot of spare wine. That was not a problem though as it got drank over the subsequent year.

footflaps

We worked on a bottle of white and a bottle of red per person, plus half a bottle of champagne for toasts.

Did you do toasts twice, after ceremony and then with meal?

I’ll probably get it all from somewhere that takes returns, so will over order by 20% anyhow. As it’s August, we probably want a reasonable quantity of soft drinks as it could be quite warm…

binners

However, we forgot to take into account the children attending and the drivers/non-drinkers so ended up with a lot of spare wine. That was not a problem though as it got drank over the subsequent year weekend.

FTFY 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

you beat me to in Binners! 😀

freeagent
    Free Member

We got the wine for ours from the local Threshers – buy 2 get one free (so a 30% discount) and agreement to return what we didn’t want.
    worked out fine.

grum
    Free Member

You’ve got to get at least one barrel of decent ale surely? We got one of Hen Harrier which was bloody lovely – sadly it went pretty quickly, and I’d been persuaded not to order two.

johndoh
    Free Member

When we did it, we got all the wines on sale or return from a local (independent) off-licence.

Ended up keeping the red though as it was wonderful – finally finishing it off 6 years after the wedding at a big family Christmas meal.

Kryton57

We were advised 1/2 bottle each pp plus a glass of champers at the table,then stuck £300 behind the bar an let them sort themselves out.

nickjb
    Free Member

We had a couple of barrels of beer, one of cider, loads of bottled beer (£1 a bottle for nice ale and bargain slabs of lager from tesco as we kept our eye out for offers), wine was on sale or return, gin and soft drinks for cocktails. We had quite a lot left over and gave it to guests who stayed over and kept some. Didn’t bother with breezers and the like as we felt there was enough choice, it was a free bar so who’s going to moan and I didn’t want any left over.

avdave2

When we got married we had a party from midday to midnight and I stocked up reasonably well, that was in the April and we didn’t finish it all till Christmas. As above you can always look at sale or return.

simon_g

Majestic have a good guide on their website.

If you can make it over to France then you can place your order, pick up from Calais, and they’ll deal with any returns in the UK.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Bottle each, plus a third of champagne. Plus some soft drinks littered around.

We had a pay bar open after the meal with a barrel of ale cider and lager, plus some spirits. Cider was a must as it was just down the road from a cider brewery which a lot of guests went to the day after…

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’re off to a ball at the weekend and I’ve pre-ordered the wine for our table – 13 bottles for 12 people (plus water). All of us are drinking though and each couple had requested a bottle/person.

hammerite
    Free Member

Watch out for people who will fill their boots. i.e. Go for the bottled beers and the wine.

I don’t drink wine, so at weddings/dinners etc.. I’m usually the only sober one, who is also buying all his own drinks!

footflaps

We’re providing all the drink inc the bar in the evening, which we’re stocking. Might look into a local beer or two as well as bottles…

allthepies
    Free Member

bottled beer ? Noooooo, cask or two from a local brewery.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

binners, if it’s fighting you’re after, you need 9% of pure heaven (according to alabama3)..

binners

Indeed. And for the ladies, so they don’t feel left out of the casual violence, surely…

Kryton57

hammerite – Member
    Watch out for people who will fill their boots. i.e. Go for the bottled beers and the wine.

Good call. Although we made our Bar Tab known to the Guests, we had some secret bottles of the good stuff hidden away for the special polite people.

footflaps

We’re planning on using Russian Moonshine to keep the costs down, it’s being imported in a jerry can by a Ukrainian hit man. I can’t see any downsides to the plan myself.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Our caterer said that every wedding he has ever done has always averaged out at the equivalent of 1 bottle per adult. No matter whether the parties consider themselves to be big or light drinkers.

We split ours between Pimms and canned beers in the garden and wine on the tables for the meal. We bought extra fizz for the toasts and had a pay bar.

We didn’t have many compaints!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How much Booze for a wedding…’ is closed to new replies.