how much beebies..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • how much beebies..
  • nonk

do you let the bairns watch?
    i reckon two hours a day is if anything to much but the better half reckons i am being tight.???

Spongebob

I don’t think it will make much difference.

You wait until they get to the teenage phase! 😆

nonk

wonder that with all aspects of keeping the toerags in line..is it worth it 😕

coffeeking

I dont remember having time to watch TV as a kid other than when eating my dinner, I was too busy playing out with friends or my parents?

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Good question. i think my wife lets my two (5 and 2) watch too much. However, i also think it’s the manner of watching it. If you dump the kids in front of it all day so you don’t have to interact with them, that’s bad; if you sit with them and discuss what you’re seeing why is it so different to reading together? A lot of cbeebies programs are quite educational / informative, and the kids do pick up on it. My eldest for example often walks away from it to go onto the dining table with her pens and paper and copies things she’s seen on Mr Maker; both are interested in wildlife driven in no small part by Bill Oddie admiring Kate’s beaver on springwatch, or the Green Balloon club…..

Like everything – TV isn’t evil; it’s how you use it.

nonk

i geuss your right jonv they do get inspired by it for sure,we get whole weeks of perfomances,drawings etc based on what they have seen.
    coffeeking they are 1 and 3 so i cant just turf em out the door all the time.It is mainly when they are waiting to be fed that it happens so yeah i suppose theres nowt wrong with it.

coffeeking

Surely that’ll be fine then eh – its not like you’re a dump them in front of the TV to keep them from under your feet type of person. As said earlier TV isnt evil, it has its uses!

Smee

I let mine watch it for 30 mins before bed if I am feeling generous. 2hrs per day is way too much in my opinion, but I do understand that it could make life a lot easier to let them watch more tv and that not everyone has the luxury of a decent sized enclosed garden.

I love Cbeebies, Mr Tumble, In the Night Garden, Lazy Town, Nina & the Nuerons. etc,,, My mrs reckons I watch the TV more when granddaughter visits than my said Granddaughter, Although I will say, the children are only young once – you cannot turn the clock back so never ever deprive them of anything,,,, by the way second childhood begins when you become Grandparents – theres soooo much time to play 😛

richpips

I let mine watch when they want to.

Though they’ve toys to play with, books to read, drawings to draw,etc so they’re not glued to it.

Junkyard

one programme at night taking turns to pick on catch up either Balamory or big cook little cook at the minute. No other TV but films are ok – one a week usually on a staurday.

Premier Icon Wally
    Subscriber

Depends if Sarah Jane is on 🙂

I like the tall bird in ‘singing hands’ – tasty

Premier Icon augustuswindsock
    Subscriber

I don’t let my two year old watch any if I can help it, he sees some at gran’s or his big sister sneaks him some when I’m out, but I find if you leave it switched off he just gets his toys out!

Soup

I get bored after about 12 minutes. I think it’s more for young kids.

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Ours (3 and 5) watch very varying amounts and they’re generally doing other stuff too.

It’s often on on a morning while we’re getting ready for school, though some mornings it doesn’t go on at all. Also useful for keeping them occupied while the wife’s getting the tea ready and I’m not back from work, but they often just ignore it. The eldest is a whizz with iPlayer now, so they pick and choose what they want to watch.

When they’re not on the internet, obviously.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘how much beebies..’ is closed to new replies.