• This topic has 128 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • How much are you prepared to pay to retain EU Citizenship?
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

£100 per annum? More or less?

TimothyD
    Free Member

I’d pay that much.

kilo
    takisawa2

£350m a week.

kayla1
    Free Member

30p per day? Where do I sign?

davosaurusrex

I’d pay that and be happy

scotroutes

It’s going to cost more than that to lose it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’d pay £100 and I’d pay another £100 to make sure that no sneaky leave voting bastid gets one so they can have cheap holidays/booze cruises/buy stuff on the cheap.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Captainsasquatch outstanding amendment to the proposal… I second that **** em

5thElefant
    Free Member

Do we get to expel the whinging gits formerly British, now Europeans in two years time? I’d be happy to sponsor a few.

CountZero

Bugger all, as I’m not an EU citizen.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nothing, I’m already part of the EU.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Ahhh 5thElephant you know you want to sign up, just think who will be left behind UKIPPERs, Daily Mail Readers and right wing pensioners – that’s going to be a cracking night in the pub. You can all share your spite and resentment

kayla1
    Free Member

Did anyone see the Nigel Farage piss take thing on the BBC? It’s jolly funny.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ll all move to Australia. I’d like the place to myself. 😀

kimbers

100 quid a year is a bargain.

Could I skip the visa queue at airports full of whining old Brexiters, proudly clutching their blue passports as the world literally and figuratively overtakes them?

DezB
    Free Member

Dunno, but I might cancel my STW sub if they allow another Brexit thread!

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

They won’t get in to Australia to old,poor, unskilled and it would be too hot

5thElefant
    Free Member

They won’t get in to Australia to old,poor, unskilled and it would be too hot

The most enthusiastic Brexiters I know are already there.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

DezB Brexit is the reason STW thrives

Edukator
    Free Member

Whatever it really costs me in taxes.

igm

They should open it to expressions of interest now and see if we can get, say, 18 million before A50 is triggered just to wind up the Brexies.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The most enthusiastic Brexiters I know are already there

One of the main reasons I didn’t like Australia was that it was full of racists and the attitudes to things like equality, worker’s rights, women and immigrants were utterly despicable. No wonder brexiteers love it.

footflaps

One of the main reasons I didn’t like Australia was that it was full of racists and the attitudes to things like equality, worker’s rights, women and immigrants were utterly despicable.

I assume you’re talking about Essex?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

£100 would be a bargain, would probably go a fair bit higher if needed.

yunki
    Free Member

It’s not going to matter now.. The damage is done.

The laughing pig molester that called the pointless referendum in the first place must have received a fat retirement payout for pulling such a destructive stunt..

He’ll not be remembered fondly in the history books when this all unravels..
    We’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t now

jambalaya
    Free Member

£100 is a no brainer, ability to live in any other country and claim unemployment and other benefits – no brainer.

I imagine the cost would be closer to £5,000 than £100.

Markie
    Free Member

I met a lady today who had voted to leave because she’d bought a lampshade that, because it met EU lampshade regulations (?), hadn’t fitted her 50 year old lamp without the purchase of additional adapting washers.

She (in her 80s) was annoyed that her kids were annoyed with her and was also – unduly, I felt – put out when I told her that my father in law had called his 4 kids and basically held a vote, saying to them that whilst he’d be inclined to vote leave, he understood that really it didn’t matter much to him at 83, it was about their (and the grandkids) futures. As a result, he voted in.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Surely the question is how much are you prepared to pay to leave?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Why not just turn it round the other way?

If you voted leave, 20% tax hike on VAT and Income Tax.

Remainers could continue to pay what they pay just now, Leavers could pay the premium for sovereignty.

Win/Win?

footflaps

I met a lady today who had voted to leave because she’d bought a lampshade that, because it met EU lampshade regulations (?), hadn’t fitted her 50 year old lamp without her purchasing additional adapting washers.

and they don’t let the under 18s vote for being too immature! WTF, they should ban anyone over 65 from voting for being senile.

Logan’s Run had the right idea….

Cougar

It’ll be interesting if the country is made up of a mix of “British” and “European” citizens. How’s that going to work? Different laws for different folks?

slowoldman

Try £350m x50/working population of UK – and that’s without the rebates or other financial income from the EU.

codybrennan
    Free Member

It would work, if dystopian sci-fi is to be believed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_%26_the_City

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

😆
    Just
    😆

wrecker
    Free Member

£0.00

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I think it’s an ideal soloution 15 million people pay £100 to the EU to keep the right to roam/live £1.5 billion in the EU coffers has to be attractive per annum + all the tax paid for jobs and houses etc

grahamt1980

Would pay a couple of hundred a year or a bigger amount as a one off lifetime membership.
    Not bothered which, in paying it

Edukator
    Free Member

Check out the cost of employing a non-EU citizen in EU countries, Captain, £5000 is not laughable. I employed a teacher from Peru in France. It was complicated and expensive until she got married. Check out thh cost to a US company of employing a Brit, if the company gets approval.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It only costs us £130.00 (per year) per head at the moment, so Jamba is way off the mark.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘How much are you prepared to pay to retain EU Citizenship?’ is closed to new replies.