Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • How much are you like your online persona?
  • tails
    Free Member

I was just reading a argumentative thread and wondered are these characters like that in person.

Using myself as an example. On here I think alot more before I speak, probably because of my slow typing, so I feel online I’m far more patient perhaps nicer. Whereas in person I’m often inpatient, make comments I shouldn’t because I haven’t thought them through. I’m more passionate in person but am also often told I am shy.

So what are you like a nasty person, a shy person, miserable or super happy and smiley person??

coffeeking
    Free Member

I relate my online persona to my drunk persona, my normal persona is quieter and less excitable.

Drac

I try not to be any different but think people do come across very different sometimes on forums as they are in real life if they mean to or not.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im just as rude online as off when I see or hear ignorant bollox being spouted.

Edit: “Ignorant bollox, in a field that I know well”

So pretty much the same online as off I think.

tails
    Free Member

I like that coffeking thats a good anecdote.

surfer
    Free Member

Pretty much the same, opinionated. Always try to treat people as if i was face to face but sometimes get a bit serious!

tails
    Free Member

your in the thread I was speaking of. All got a bit heated, funny read though 8) Do you surf, surfer or just a name?

easygirl

im not a girl but im easy, so im half like my online name

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty much the same with both but try (dont always succeed) to think before spouting … if anything calmer on here as humour often lost in translation (by and from me) and sometime the disagrements / arguments just get to personal for my tastes.
    There is far to much pointless wind ups and strutting stag macho to55 on here and some of the people cannot behave like that in real life. Here comes the posts about me being sensitive again … something I am never accused of in the real world 🙁

Conor
    Free Member

Pretty much the same but a bit quieter and shyer (until you get to know me, then I’m the same!).

woody2000

I’m a lot like you tails. In the real world, I’m definitely more ascerbic (if that’s the right word). I don’t seem to be able to translate that into the online world though, much as I try 😀

tails
    Free Member

Thats a funny one easygirl, why not easyboy?

sc-xc

I try to be funny online, whereas in real life I’m a wacky funster.

ton

i am just the same in person, only much biggerer and nicer and friendlier.

Smee
    Free Member

i’m the same as i am online.

tails
    Free Member

Where’d you learn words like “acerbic” woody2000 I had to look in the dictionary 😳

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nothing like.

Except the bit about being a right **** – that bit’s true.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Same online and off.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Online is just a slightly exaggerated version of the real me. I am a bit argumentative and do have a viewpoint rather a distance from most folk.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m just as duff a climber online

surfer
    Free Member

Tails, no dont surf unfortunately. No logic behind the username just used it once and decided to keep it.

Did get a bit wound up today but always feel its just opinions, try not to be rude or arsy, all in good fun on my part.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m an argumentative arse online. But I am in person too. I’ll argue from opposite positions depending on who I’m talking too (I’m a raving liberal when I talk to the Mrs and her family, err, not so much here with all the humus eating right-on lefties). I can’t help myself, but then again I do enjoy it… So yeah, sure, I love me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m noisier in real life :o)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am a far better singer than most people realise. 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m exactly the same 😀

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve no idea. Some people on here have met me, so they’re probably the best people to ask.

tails
    Free Member

Simon you could post up a youtube video?? please :mrgreen:

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I’m pretty much the same, I have opinions I’ll defend, but equally i can be swayed by a convincing opposing argument. If someone pisses me off, they know about it, and I will take the piss out of anything, regardless of whether it’s considered politically correct or offensive.

Woody
    Free Member

More tolerant online funnily enough and language is a lot cleaner – probably something to do with being able to take a deep breath etc but persona is the same (I think).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Dunno, really. Have to have a think about it.

Not really too bothered what people think of me on here, I’m more concerned with being a decent person towards those who I interact with in ‘real” life. Don’t think I’m particularly nasty, though. Annoying, possibly… 😉

As for Aleigh; the internet could never, ever do her incredibly gorgeous loveliness justice…

(Hopes such sugary praise will prevent him from getting a battering tomorrow)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well no tails as I feel that so much of my performances, the nuances, the pathos, the uplifting choruses, so much gets lost with youtube’s less-than-adequate video compression algorithms.

aleigh
    Free Member

As for Aleigh; the internet could never, ever do her incredibly gorgeous loveliness justice…

😳

Conor
    Free Member

LOL!!!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’m just like the collection the of garbled mumblings i post on here 🙄

emac65
    Free Member

Not one bit in real life I talk total bollox all the time 😯

cinnamon_girl

Just ask the 1,001 STW’ers who will turn up at Swinley Forest tomorrow, reckon they’ll be a bit shocked … and then the pointing and laughing will commence 😯

aleigh
    Free Member

don’t be daft!

cinnamon_girl

You’re too kind Aleigh!

IHN

I’m much more handsome in real life. And in real life I don’t really mind nettles.

metalheart
    Free Member

well my heart isn’t actually made of metal…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘How much are you like your online persona?’ is closed to new replies.