Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • how many women are they on stw?
  • MrAgreeable

I know a couple of ladies who are in to mountain biking and were registered on here before the hack. However unlike a lot of the blokes on here they posted when they wanted a specific piece of information or advice, rather than wasting away their lives debating the merits of various tyre treads.

Drac

Anyone live in the south-east as I am trying to drum up some gals to come to Bedgeburys women only training course ……… any takers? should be fun!

Giggidy!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We likes girls ‘ere….

[rubs thighs with hands]

😉

Cooroo
    Free Member

psyches or psychos?

That too…

Flexgirl nice to meet you. I come from south east but ran away to Yorkshire many years ago. Rode at Bedgebury once, and wasn’t madly impressed, but it should be fine for training. Enjoy!

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m female, last time I looked. I wouldn’t get away with saying I’m a lady though.

juan
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get away with saying I’m a lady though.

You are about the nicest lady one here my dear Jojo 😉
    X

Flexgirl
    Free Member

I’m female, last time I looked. I wouldn’t get away with saying I’m a lady though

Well yeah who wants to be that! The “ladies” in little britain springs to mind. 😆

jojoA1
    Free Member

Flexgirl – Member

I’m female, last time I looked. I wouldn’t get away with saying I’m a lady though

Well yeah who wants to be that! The “ladies” in little britain springs to mind.

Well there are those who say my facial hair is more luxurious than that of David Walliams in that sketch…. 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

hello boys, I’m here!

waves willy [tucks willy between his legs and does the little “i’m a girl” dance]

RudeBoy
    Free Member

But PK, we’re just reminded of that scene in Silence of the Lambs… 😥

Careful, or Jodie Foster may come and kill you.

lil-lisa
    Free Member

Another lurker here, decided to get an account after the hack, but I don’t post that often.

elaineanne
    Free Member

well im another lady ! joined the forum about a year ago but since this website got hacked it took me ages to get back online and become registered agin..it wouldnt let me register for ages ??? anyway i use my real name now, isnstead of my old one….. so anyway im here now, hopefully to stay !

keyses2

Another regular reader here, but dont post often, every time I have a query someone else has already asked something similar anyway so I end up just reading the thread.

taka
    Free Member

so theres more of you than i thought better watch my mouth then =0

Punkass
    Free Member

I’ve been around since 2004. Used to post as Cyclenaut, and spend a lot of time just lurking.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yet another lurker 🙂 tend to avoid posting, and more likely to ask questions on Shecycles, which has now been resurected – hurrah! here: http://shecycles.forumdes.com/

Hi Punkass – good to see you again before Christmas – I was thinking of you yesterday cos I biked past my first lambs of the year 🙂

Bunnyhop

Waves.

Conor
    Free Member

Bumley was registered on the old site but not seen her online since before Christmas!

Mrs Hop…. for somebody that is meant to be on a Skiing hol you are spending far too much time on here!!!

MrsTricky
    Free Member

I’m another girl – don’t post very often though as I can’t ride my bike due to a long-term leg injury.

MrsT

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I am another lurker, and also tend ask q’s/ post on the (new) Shecycles website, although its a bit quiet! Any other women from the South West/ Devon on here?

alp_girl
    Free Member

hullo 😀 also tend to read more than I write…

taka
    Free Member

ok then theres lots of you

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not heard from Bunnyhop, Bumley, Clarey, Mamadirt, Mrs Flash and so on for ages.

I’m permanently logged in – been a bit quiet today though as I’ve been busy researching S and M for my new project 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

I miss Bumley. She had a nice tattoo…

jedi

indeed bumley has great tattoos

bumley
    Free Member

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I’m still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi and Coyote – Thanks i’m glad you like them!!

allyharp

What I’m interested in is how old the women on here are? If we’re allowed to ask a lady such questions!

I think it’s a fair point that most women get into mtbing when they get together with a man. So have we any female teenage/young twenties mtbers?

Kit
    Free Member

So have we any female teenage/young twenties mtbers?

Next comment’s going to be from some stalking lecher “…useless without pics”.

Oh. 😳

Anna-B
    Free Member

That’s a funny thing to be interested in, allyharp. Unless of course you’re the stalking lecher from kit’s post…..
    Sorry but weird question, illogical assumption.

allyharp

Next comment’s going to be from some stalking lecher “…useless without pics”

Oh so you didn’t see my post before editing? 😉

Yes it probably is a strange thing to wonder and probably my assumption was wrong, but it’s just based on an observation of who I see out on the trails. You see men of all ages but there’s an obvious gap in the ages of females I’ve passed, I don’t I’ve ever seen any between about 12-26.

Anna-B
    Free Member

OK….. so by trails do you mean places like Afan? I started going xc/offroad before I’d had any b/fs into MTB, but only started going to places like Afan since going out with guys who were into biking too. I think that the trail centres are the more blokey side of a rather blokey sport. Dunno if that helps your great conundrum……

allyharp

What can I say, I’m a statistician so constantly reading the demographics of my surroundings! All I was suggesting is that you don’t see many teenage girls on bikes – surely somebody else has noticed?!

As far as trails go though I’m not really reading from a good sample, as most of my riding is just what’s local to Glasgow. Not quite the busy-ness of trail centres but you do often see another 10 or so bikers out on a ride.

woodsman
    Free Member

There were two ladies ridng at Leith Hill yesterday, one had a black Thorn Enduro – anyone on this thread?

5milallenkey
    Free Member

I lurk here most evenings. It’s better entertainment than the telly 🙂 I keep meaning to post more…

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Well, I’m relatively new and sadly can be lumped in with the boys in the “wasting away their lives debating the merits of various tyre treads” category… I’m a geek…

mrsflash
    Free Member

allyharp, I fit your statistic nicely. 34 and got into riding through my boyfriend (as he was then).

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I started riding at about 12/13, but that was all road riding.

Now 30 and do so much more mtb’ing than road riding
    (well when my knee is back to full form i will be doing more mtb’ing – currently just doing a bit on the Turbo to strength it)

Olly
    Free Member

Nowt sexier than a lass on a bike
    nom nom!
    am i right in thinking this new forum doesnt support mugshots? :'(

New Grillfiend cant really ride a bike (shes very wobbly on the flat in the park)
    but i see this more as a blank canvas more than a problem 😉

Elsa
    Free Member

Another one here.
    Been riding for about 3 years although not been riding much for the last 6 months (got into kayaking). Prefer to read threads on here than post. Have done all the 24hr enduro races, did Mega last year, ridden TMB unguided…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’m still around too, but don’t like this new forum so not been on here much.

allyharp – i started riding when i was 23 (now 29). Only road riding at the moment though, not been on my mtb since the Alps in August.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘how many women are they on stw?’ is closed to new replies.