Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • How many toilet rolls do you get through a week?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

We’ve recently had a lodger come and stay with us and ever since we’ve been getting through a toilet roll a day rather than one every three days.

My wife and I can’t work out what she is doing with them or whether this is excessive or not.

With the lodger there are 3 adults and 1 4yr old using the toilet

Does a toilet roll a day surprise anyone??

GJP
    Free Member

And this is in the bike forum – why 😕

But to answer your question I have absolutely no idea as I can honestly say we are not keeping count – but I am pretty sure that is much higher than my household otherwise we would be buying new loo paper every week

[MOD: moved to chat 🙂 ]

uplink
    Free Member

I bet they’re messing with your things too when you’re not at home

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I don’t normally count but after a few weeks we realised we were changing the toilet roll / buying more much more often and started keeping tabs

I can’t believe that one person more in the house has tripled our toilet roll consumption!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good Lord. I’d be charging her per sheet!

Is she one of those women who wrap half a roll up to wipe? Does sound excessive.

will
    Free Member

Hide all the toilet role, then when she needs to go she’ll ask you, as a result you will find out how often she goes. 🙄

sq225917
    Free Member

just leave five sheets on the roll at all times, if she comes downstairs with shit all over her hands then you are being unfair… 😉

darrell
    Free Member

the operative word was "she"

they eat them actually – little known fact

lank45
    Free Member

I heard she was smuggling into her room and making paper mache life size models of all the family so no need to worry. Do what my parents used to do for me, by the worst stuff you can the stuff thats like tracing paper and keep the nice triple velvet stuff for yourself! 😀

avdave2

We’ve got a guy at work who gets through a roll a day on his own in a normal working day. The toilet is now simply regarded as his office. He’s doing martial arts training every day as well as boxing and running so when he’s not on the bog he’s eating.

dave_aber
    Free Member

You can still buy Izal medicated in the supermarkets.

It’s like greaseproof paper with flint chippings embedded in it. It smears the sh1te up your back and rips your ar5e to tatters in one go.

Leave her a couple of rolls of that and see how she gets on!

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

We once had a lodger and the same thing happened.
    I once saw her in the bathroom doing her makeup (the door was open, and I was walking past!) as she pulled the roll, a sharp tug, it spun and at least a meter of paper unwound itself. She then proceeded to screw it up into a ball, wipe the corner of her eye with it, and deposit it into the toilet.

Later she blocked the toilet with these crazy amounts of paper, only it wasn’t our toilet that overflowed, it was the little old lady’s in the bottom floor flat (there’s no proof of this but I’m pretty sure this was the cause).

I made a joke out of it all and luckily our lodger then proceeded to purchase toilet paper. It was a compromise because I didn’t agree with the wastage that was going on.

Woody
    Free Member

Is you lodger from another country by any chance?

We have had a number of oriental students over the past few years and their bogroll use is prodigious ie. at least one roll per day. We ended up buying the cheapest we could find at the market.

Don’t get me started on their shower/washing routines……………and the sight of the last Hong Kong student coming down the stairs with a green face pack and hair removal cream on his chest will haunt me for some time 😯

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yep – she’s japanese –

My wife is not keen on her having a shower when she goes to bed as it keeps us awake – especially the hair dryer which sounds like no hair dryer I’ve ever heard before. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

😕

Luckily I’ve not seen her doing her chest yet!

coffeeking
    Free Member

PMSL – this is why I’d never take in a lodger – I just cant cope with some peoples personal habits!

Incidentally I only get through a roll per month on my own, mainly because I use the loo at work primarily. When I have visitors (family) and fill the flat with 4 people I get through a roll every 4-5 days, roughly.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I would suggest that you do what deadlyhifi did to his female lodger and spy on her whilst she’s in the toilet, then you’ll find out what’s happening to the bog paper.

project
    Free Member

Anyone notice that students always have their own personal toilet roll in there room, why cant they share.

Id seriously check your drains as the toilet roll muncher that lives down there may be a bit full with all that roll to chew through.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve just spent half an hour unblocking the bath – don’t know if its connected (literally) to the toilet!!!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My wife fires through a roll a day. It is incredible, and I have issues about the waste and the usage, but she is irreformable.

crispybacon
    Free Member

As she is Oriental then why don’t you remove the bog roll telling her that it’s an old English custom to do so in the New Year. If she needs to use the loo then tell her for the next 30 days she will only have one sheet per visit to the wc & that she has to use both sides :o)

This should curb her irresponsible use of toilet tissue, failing that get some of that Izal stuff. Crikey I’m still having counseling now 40 yrs after I used to use the wc at my Grand parents place – boy that stuff is rough!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember being taught in the military how to use a single sheet. Tear a corner off and hold it in your teeth. Poke your middle finger through the middle of the sheet and use your finger to clean up. Then pull the peirced sheet off your finger, cleaning your finger as it goes. Now use the bit in your teeth to clean under the nail.

I’m not saying I use that method on a daily basis but it does cut down the consumption.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

FFs…

Just get yer wife to have a quiet word with her, about not using too much bogroll, and not having showers/using hairdryer late at night. She’s YOUR lodger; she should be respecting YOUR household. If she wants to stick to her obsessive cleanliness thing, then she should get a place on her own.

Speaking of wastefulness, I lived in a place with others, a while back. Had a flatmate, who’s mate would come over, and stick some really shyte French (c)Rap music on, on his laptop. I’d be trying to have a bit of peace and quiet in me room, and he’d come up the stairs to have a shower (this bloke virtually lived at ours, rent free, until we told him either pay some rent, or stay in yer own place). Fecker would have this shyte music on, shower for **** ages, and just ignore us, if anyone else wanted to use the bathroom.

And the flatmate got an electric fan heater, because his radiator was a bit dodgy (we had FREE communal heating). Instead of ringing the landlord to have it fixed, he’d have the thing on blasting out hot air, with the **** window open!!! And wondered why we then charged him half of the electricity bill.

I am so glad I now live on my own…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’d rather use a roll a day than your method Onzadog!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and their favourite trick was to bung the oven on, to get it hot for a pizza or something, then forget about it…

Laptops plugged in ALL DAY, lights left on, ‘phone chargers left on, TV left on…

Harry_the_Spider

Is she fit?

If the answer is YES then it doesn’t matter.

joe1983
    Free Member

I’ll take a Japanese lodger if your sick of her. That will probably reduce my TP usage.

Harry_the_Spider

Thinking about it, and remembering the indepth thread from the other day about crapping round the world, if she is performing the "Japanese Squat" she may have to wipe her ankles too.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would suggest to her that she changes her diet and show her this link :

why do I wipe so much?

Still, if she uses your washing machine, you should be glad that she presumably doesn’t load it up with fudgy knickers.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Better than a mate of mine, I spose. He didn’t used to wipe too often, when he’d ‘dropped the kids off at the pool’. But then he got an infected ring, so he had to take antibiotics and use a special cream.

Dirty bastard.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Better than a mate of mine, I spose. He didn’t used to wipe too often, when he’d ‘dropped the kids off at the pool’

I’ve always believed that "the kids" was a gay euphemism for ‘turds’.

As in :

The gay couple where one went off to work everyday, whilst the other stayed at home. One day the one who went to work came home unexpectedly early. Wanting to surprise his lover he slowly crept upstairs, whereupon he found the bathroom door opened. As he quietly stroll in he discovered his lover was in the bath pushing floating turds around like little toy boats. "Ah I see" he exclaimed, "I go to work everyday and work my bollox off, whilst all you do is spend your time playing with the kids".

Was your mate gay ? I can understand your disgust with his dirty ringpiece btw.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m getting funny looks from the wife n kids now, ‘cos I’m laughing at my laptop!

AndyP
    Free Member

rather than one every three days.
    christ on a bike, that’s going some too!
    Probably one every 10 days or so here.

mboy
    Free Member

Not being funny, but some people have got much quicker metabolisms than others. I’m generally at least twice a day myself, often 3 times a day. My old housemate was in a similar situation, we’d often go through a toilet roll in a day just between the 2 of us!

Can understand how it’s annoying though for you considering you’re paying, no need to get silly about it though. Just tell her "due to economic circumstances" you’re going to have to put her rent up by £10 per month. That’s going to more than cover the extra bog roll she uses!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Depends whether it’s left within reach of the toddler. Can anyone beat 12 whole rolls bobbing about in the bath?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

You see… its not as easy as you’d think to talk to her about it as she’s here to learn English and in 4 months she doesn’t seem to have done much of it to be honest.

Even having a simple conversation like "What sort of job do you have in Japan?" takes about an hour to explain the question to a point where she understands, then getting an answer… well you might as well forget that.

Although I was patient the other night and found out her dad runs a Bike shop in japan and makes his own frames – but took about two hours to get that far.

Normally we get a yes to everything we ask so we have learnt to ask questions that we want a yes to…

For example – "As we’ve got some that are a week out of date, you’d like kippers for dinner wouldn’t you?"

So I shouldn’t really complain about the toilet rolls as she uses up the food that’s gone off and thinks it is a traditional English meal. Everyone is happy.

I just can’t fathom out why she gets through bog roll so much??!!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

For example – "As we’ve got some that are a week out of date, you’d like kippers for dinner wouldn’t you?"

So I shouldn’t really complain about the toilet rolls as she uses up the food that’s gone off and thinks it is a traditional English meal

So you give her the sh1ts and then complain about the amount of bog paper she uses ?

😯

mboy
    Free Member

So you give her the sh1ts and then complain about the amount of bog paper she uses ?

😯

Touche! 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

PMSL!!!

Suppose I’d only have myself to blame – if I wasn’t joking. 😉

kaiser
    Free Member

I can’t believe how naive you lot are re womens habits, ….where have you been living?
    Many women are paranoid about others hearing them piddle or crap ..particularly in shared houses. And so, to try and quieten things down they pile on the paper beforehand underneath the dropzone to stop others hearing a waterfall or logdrop . I think you’ll find that is the answer.you can ask but unless you have an honest lass they’ll deny it!
    oh btw orientals are even more sensitive re eavesdroppers …most toilets in japan now have music to cover any embarrasing noises.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be easier to leave a tap running ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘How many toilet rolls do you get through a week?’ is closed to new replies.