Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How many tax fraud warrants?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just got another one issued today, nice polite text message.

Shame as I was hoping to nip out today, but the police should be round soon to arrest me.
    Missus has packed me a bag and wished me well.

Though I do hope they don’t let me down this time. I waited in all day last time and they didn’t turn up. Which I thought was very rude.

Better luck this time I hope.

Farewell chaps.

oldnpastit

My wife has been getting a load of calls about this as well. Are you in it together? She’s denied it, but now I’m not so sure.

DrJ

Luckiy i was able to get away with it by transferring money to the tax man’s account. Seemed a bit odd that it wasn’t the HMRC account, but I haven’t heard from them since, so it must have been the right one.

oldgit
    Free Member

That said I do have $25,000 waiting for me in an account somewhere in the Pacific.
    I only have to give them my account details and it’ll be mine in 24 hours. It’ll help with the rehabilitation.

willard

So, hang on a minute…. If I have HMRC telling me that I owe them money and yet I have someone telling me that I am owed a large inheritence from an uncle I never knew I had in Nigeria, does this mean I can just put those nice chaps from HMRC in touch with the Nigerian lawyers representing my late uncle’s estate?

Seems to me like they would get on well and leave me out of things.

DavidB
    Free Member

So, hang on a minute…. If I have HMRC telling me that I owe them money and yet I have someone telling me that I am owed a large inheritence from an uncle I never knew I had in Nigeria, does this mean I can just put those nice chaps from HMRC in touch with the Nigerian lawyers representing my late uncle’s estate?

It’s a little bit more involved. You need the man who is going to fix your internet (due to the insecure traffic). He logs into your PC and makes the connection between the two other parties. Sometime he needs the help of the woman with long pauses in her speech who is convinced you’ve been involved in an accident. She can give him the legal advice to proceed.

garage-dweller

😂 at this thread and David B in particular.

I have a work phone and a private one. Both getting hit regularly at the moment with these HMRC calls.

We’ve also had a significant number of TV Licensing quarterly payments not collected in the last month.

Scammers are busy.

jamiemcf

I’ve had a few french ones come through…

Roll on Brexit to keep the French scammers out

funkrodent

French scammer? Is that a bit like a French letter?

On another note, a journo called Neil Forsyth spent a lot of time turning the tables on these scumbags. Created a character called Bob Servant who engages with them and tries to rope them into his own harebrained schemes.

Book is called “Delete at Your Peril” and is available on Amazon and at all good bookshops. Very funny.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delete-This-at-Your-Peril/dp/1841589195

maccruiskeen

On another note, a journo called Neil Forsyth spent a lot of time turning the tables on these scumbags. Created a character called Bob Servant who engages with them and tries to rope them into his own harebrained schemes.

This guy is doing good work

Theres almost something coldly psychotic about him as he gently and calmly tells scammers who are rooting around in his computer that he’s rooting around in theirs. He does it so softly that they don’t really seem to deviate from their script.

“what do you do mostly on the computer?”

“I track down scammers on the internet, using this computer.”

‘hmm hmm’

“and when they connect to me I can see where they come from’

‘hmm’

‘the kind of people who put fake javascript error messages on your computer’

“and what else”

“when they connect to my computer I can find out exactly who they are”

‘hmm…. and how long have you been having this problem?’

chrismac

Just give the nice Nigerian man the bank deals the nice HMRC man have you

damascus
    Free Member

This guy is doing good work

He’s brilliant isn’t he. I follow him too.

While your waiting at home for the police will you cancel my amazon subscription for me? I usually get a call a week to cancel it but their English is so terrible we don’t get very far.

Funny thing is I don’t have an amazon account!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How many tax fraud warrants?’ is closed to new replies.