Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • How many STWers have just one bike?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Me! Just got my hardtail which is my bimble to the shops bike, my commute bike, my “take the little un out” bike and my weekend steed. I’d love a road bike, a full susser marathon trail and a downhill bike but no, just the one and it does me.

Can I stay?

piemonster

I have literally just vomited at the thought of owning just one bike

Vile post, go wash your mouth with soapy water

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Of course you can stay, but you will end up with more bikes if you do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

Yup, one here. I had several, couldn’t justify it. Hell, I barely justify one.

blades2000
    Free Member

I only rode one today…. I have a few to choose from.

thejesmonddingo

Don’t worry,I’ve only got one and so have a lot of others.A surprisingly high number on here have none.
    (IMNVHO)

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, just the one bike here.
    A 456-evo, I have enough other hobbies that I can’t justify having more bikes…I don’t get to ride this one as much as I’d like as it is.

paladin

I’ve got one, I bought it to see how much I like biking.
    And I like it a lot.
    So later this year I’ll be buying another bike. ( best bnit is, my good wife TOLD me that I should buy another one)

sadexpunk

had 3, a geared moots, ss swift and kona cyclocross but hardly rode em. we’re skint, so i sold them all and have just built up a singular gryphon as a do it all bike.

wingnuts

I saw this and thought I had a few more than one. Just counted up and scared myself. No wonder its crowded in the shed! Time for a clear out! 10 bikes and 8 frames. Varying from carbon road and full suss through fixed and single speed to vintage steel for L’Erorica. Could get down to three but one is self abuse.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve only got one bike but to be honest really need another for road training.

althepal

Only have one. Sold a frame and 2 others to help fund the current one.
    Wish I could have as large and diverse a quiver* as some noted above but the reality is that I have a mortgage and family to feed so they come first ahead of my hobby. Bit grown up and all that but some things are just about more important than riding bikes.
    (* ironic use of stw bullshit)

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve only got one 🙁 but I am building another but it won’t be rideable for quite a while…

I could easily manage with one, but prefer two.

S-Works Enduro does it all on the MTB’ing side, but it’s good to have my old Lava Dome for pub/shop etc. duties.

There would be no point selling either

weeksy

Just 1. Spearfish 29er. Fit it with small semi-slicks for road, anything up to a 2.5 Ardent for trail centres…. it’s ideal !

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got 1 and a half currently.. Which is reducing to one to fund an upgrade or two for the one.

My carbon 456 is my everything bike which it does pretty well. There’s times when it would be nice to have a full suspension bike too but those times are in the minority.

ska-49
    Free Member

I have, in my opinion, the bare essential number; 2.
    1 Road bike- Rocky Mountain Oxygen 80
    1 Hardtail- Kona Explosif 650b

I’m moving and sorting a new job so that wont be changing for some time.

andypaul99
    Free Member

although technically i own more than one bike as im living abroad for sometime i only decided to take one with me, my anthem x. apart from the downhill tracks its covering all the bases for me, although going up a monster of a cat 3 road climb the other day with a 28lb full susser was hard work in places!!!

TiRed

For a moment there I thought you just asked if I had ONE bike 😯 . Well I have one mountain bike, a Genesis io id.

But I have three road bikes (commuter fixed, road and winter/race) and a pair of tandems. That’s just a reflection of my riding really. Mainly road, and an MTB that will cover most of the places I ride.

binners

No. But I only ever ride one at a time. Is that the same?

Cougar

I technically have two, but one in practice. I have a HT here, and a BSO at the other end of the country for mincing round London.

yoshimi

Yep, my do-it-all 5

The thought of maintaining more than one bike makes me want to vom!

Scrap that, maintaining just one bike makes me want to vom

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Relatively poverty stricken with just 4.

Road bike for commuting – Specialized Secteur Elite.
    Road-rigged MTB emergency spare – Specialized Stumpy 2001.
    Brompton.
    Orange 5.

Perhaps I need a unicycle…

DezB
    Free Member

I saw this and thought I had a few more than one. Just counted up and scared myself

Now, losing count of how many you have – that is a problem!

tony07
    Free Member

Just the orange five here. Can’t afford anymore.

Picked two awful dear sports to enjoy, mtb and mountaineering!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Can I stay?

NO LEAVE NOW, LEAVE, LEAVE! 😉

chiefgrooveguru

One bike or one mountain bike?

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Just the 2. A 456 Evo and a Merlin road bike.
    I think I’d like a full sus, but I also suspect I may be falling for the marketing hype. It’s moot anyway. No space and could not look my family in the eye if I dropped a couple of grand on a bike.

samuri
    Free Member

I can’t believe I’ve been conversing with people who only have one bike.

This is like when you’ve spent 6 months chatting up a stunning girl on facebook only to find out she’s a 53 year old male Unix administrator with a skin problem.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh god, it gets wose. Some people appear to only have one of each type of bike! How do you live with yourselves?

therealhoops
    Free Member

PLEASE DON’T HATE ME

I only have one mountain bike…..

….and it’s secondhand

😥

patriotpro
    Free Member

.and it’s secondhand

Hang your head in shame!

spookynips
    Free Member

we need to set up a trust fund for these poor poor people. one bike!

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

I have one 🙂 Soon to be none I think.

yunki
    Free Member

I would really like just one but I currently have two..

A shonky bitsa tip bike with gears, rack and trailer hitch for picking up the kids from school, days down the beach, doing the shopping and locking up in town if I get too pissed in the pub..

And a rather svelte and modern (second hand) rigid steel mountain bike, which I would definitely not leave locked up in town..

monkeyboyjc

Yep. Just the 29er hardtail – no need for the expence of 2bikes.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

therealhoops – Member

PLEASE DON’T HATE ME

I only have one mountain bike…..

….and it’s secondhand

cinnamon_girl

My wimminz logic dictates that as I’m mechanically inept, more than one bike is necessary for reasons of sanity.

Also, price of second-hand stuff is so low than I couldn’t bear to give anything away. 😐

So, in answer to your question, I don’t have one bike so should have kept my mouth shut!

ddmonkey

I only have one road bike, one commuter bike and one mountain bike, does that count? 🙂 Even that is a struggle. The next bike is always just a small loss of willpower away….

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Just a 29er hardtail here, which to be fair is a good compromise for on/off road with a change of tyres. Combination of lack of space, another expensive hobby of Scuba Diving which takes up a lot of time and recent house purchase which all leads to lack of funds. Would like a CX bike, but can’t see that happening for a good while yet.. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘How many STWers have just one bike?’ is closed to new replies.