Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How many S's in Resignation?
  • Frodo

Exhauted and fed up leving the office at 8 every night … quit and go to NZ or hold on?

Seriously the only way I'm holding on is the fact that I'm recovering from a broken leg and can't do anything in the evening anyway?

Rich

shermer75
    Free Member

Pick a goal, as in "I'll have blah blah pounds saved by such and such date, at which point I'll sack it all in and cycle to Africa." Works a treat!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is one S in exhausted. Hope that helps.

😉

boxelder

How many S's in Resignation

The same number as you should have put in exhausted.

alexonabike

I handed in my notice yesterday! 😛

Frodo

Of course you know how I brokew my leg?? In was on a treat ski mountaineering ho9liday prior to starting my new job ….went down well!

ourmaninthenorth

Frankly, 8pm isn't that late (days gone by for me that was an early finish), but it isn't sustainable long term. I packed it in after around a decade of doing it. Now I'm unlikely to be found in the office post 7pm..

You have to have an exit plan. The plan needs to be realistoc and achieveable. But, at the same time, be mindful of the sh*tty employment situation right now and, if you go, have something to go to.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frankly, 8pm isn't that late

And this is where the UK is going very badly wrong, in my opinion. People are working waaay too long hours. We have some sort of culture whereby being at your desk longer means you are worth more. People hang on longer (regardless of the fact that they have spent all day emailing/Faceaching/STWing etc) purely to be in the office later than other people as some badge of honour.

Work shorter hours, but make those hours more worthwhile.

shermer75
    Free Member

CFH +1

sweepy
    Free Member

Stick your job up you're **** arSe

2 then

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

purely to be in the office later than other people as some badge of honour.

Try working for a Japanese car manufacturer during the automotive crisis!!!

There is a singular Japanese word that means 'death through over-working', **** know's what it is, I didn't want to stick around long enough to find out!

Sandwich

CFH +2

uplink
    Free Member

It's the other end of the day for me at the moment

5am starts 7 days/wk [managing a roll-out] but I'm still expected to be available for meetings/conference calls etc until 5-6pm

I'm not the best of sleepers & I work from home but I'm not sure I can keep this up till it finishes early next year

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree with CFH. Unfortunately, my boss doesn't.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How many S's in Resignation?’ is closed to new replies.