Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • How many speeding offenses have you had?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My second in 12 years today 🙁

Lifer
    Free Member

0 in 10

beinbhan

0 in 30years

lagerfanny
    Free Member

1 in 29 years

89 in a 60 on a Triumph Bonneville

dribbling
    Free Member

1 in 15.

Copper told me “don’t take it out on the missus tonight”..WTF??!

yunki
    Free Member

1 in 21

sbob
    Free Member

None.
    My other half may have received a warning letter from the community speed watch team this morning, from a time when I may have been driving, and I may have chosen to deliberately incite their attention, and said letter may now be residing at the bottom of my recycling bin, safe from her return. 😈

crazy-legs

None in 15 years.
    Been pulled over once, on the M6, for “having no insurance”. Whether it was a geunine error on their part, the ANPR computer/DVLA database playing up or they just wanted a closer look at the wreck of a car I was driving I never knew – I had full comp insurance and everything was legal so they just checked it out then let me on my way with a cheery “have a good day”.

ahwiles
    Free Member

2 in … 16 years.

the first one was fair cop: i was driving ‘enthusiastically’ (60 odd in a 60, which isn’t much, but i knew i was exceeding the limit)

the second one still annoys me: 46 in a 40, but it was only just inside the 40, and i was slowing down (from 50odd in a 60) because i’d seen the limit sign but didn’t know there was a camera with a hair trigger more-or-less-mounted-to-the-same-pole…

i’m a total dawdler behind the wheel, if I’VE had 6 points, how come everyone* else is still allowed to drive?

(*does anyone else get flashed by the driver behind for sticking to a 30? or overtaken, in a 30?)

Edric64
    Free Member

1 in 26

jam-bo

Is this the same as how many times you’ve been caught?

Sandwich

Have been overtaken in a 30 (I drive a sporty Audi an S version) and the overtaker proceeded to dawdle in the next NSL. How does that work?

Had 3 SP30s in 30 years none since 2005.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Have been caught once, on the motorway at 5:30 am on saturday

nwgiles

Urm 7 in a space of 5 years, banned under totting up twice.
    Been good ever since

binners

I’ve been banned for speeding. I was 21, stupid, working as a motorbike courier, and the owner of a GSX-R 750 with the nackers tuned out of it, and a road legal (ish) KTM250 crosser, that went everywhere on the back wheel

Looking back, there was a certain inevitability to it. My record was getting pulled at 130 in a 50. Unbelievably, the BMW mounted traffic cop let me off with that one. It was early hours of the morning, with nowt on the road and I think he enjoyed the chase. I didn’t even realise he’d been after me for about 10 miles. Can’t imagine that happening nowadays

Learnt my lesson though. Being banned is a nightmare! Not so much as a parking ticket since

scaredypants

1 in 30

stopped by a copper for “running a red light” once too – not how I saw it but there you go. He let me off because my wife was shouting at me 😳

Scamper
    Free Member

3 speeding 3 pointers in 24yrs. Not too bad as I must be doing 30k miles per year for most of those.

fizzicist
    Free Member

4 in 17 years. 3 for speeding, one for towing a trailer in the outside lane.

In a traffic Jam.

At 10mph.

Tom-B
    Free Member

None in 9 years.

ska-49
    Free Member

0 in 4 years.. Nothing special.

_tom_
    Free Member

1 in 6 years. I did a driver awareness course so i didn’t get any points on my license 🙂

Karinofnine

1 in 30 years (since I had licence). Went on a speed awareness course – the most useless and dangerous thing – points were quashed. I was towing my caravan at the time… doing 36 at the bottom of a hill entering a village at 5 to 1 in the morning.

cb

1 in 25 years – 49 in a 30 zone…in an Austin Allegro! I was amazed it could go that fast – copper had no sense of humour sadly…

Pook

2 in 15 minutes. Most expensive pizza I’ve ever had.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

None in 2 years. Pulled over twice one for a cracked number plate while I was driving to the garage to buy a new numberplate I was let off as I had documents with me to buy plate and told to use a taxi if I happened again. And pulled over once for driving ‘suspiciously’ whatever that means.

Karinofnine

Love it! How do you drive ‘suspiciously’! An exaggerated look round Secret Squirrel stylee? Or perhaps you wear a black and white stripey jumper with a mask and a bag with the word “SWAG” on it? 😆

anagallis_arvensis

None in 20 years I am a good boy!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh I’m BAAAAD!

5 in 25 years. 3 on bikes (2 of those were very sneaky) one in a car and one in a van. Those 2 were unmarked vans.

Not had one for 6-8 years now though, clean license. And none of the ones I’ve ever ha has made the slightest difference to me in any way apart from loosing a bit of money.

simmy
    Free Member

Never actually got a fine in 18 years touch wood, had many warnings though like 2 motorbike cops who couldnt catch me as I was doing over twice the limit and when they did catch me I was stopped in traffic.

Im a good lad now, as my job dictates, and looking back the kind of behaviour above is ridiculous and deadly.

Had many, many, many producers when I was younger as I had a fast car and looked about 12. Still get some funny looks off coppers when Im instructing as I still look young from a distance.

Think my producer record was 5 in a week and I got pulled for driving a stolen car ( boxed in police camera action stylee ) when mine was red and the outstanding stolen was black, stopped for reports of a silver VW driving eratticly in the area ( the cop said “you are driving perfectly though” so I replied “well I would do, I had a police van behind for 5 miles 8) ) and so a young cop could have a look at my car coz he wanted to buy it off me 😯

elzorillo
    Free Member

2 in 30.. both recently and both on the same straight newish dual carriageway which although was perfectly fine as a single carriageway and a 60mph limit.. when they widened it and created the new dual carriageway they strangely reduced it to 50mph, at the same time created the perfect little hiddyhole for tax collection vans. 🙄

bruk

2 in 22 years, first one overtaking unmarked merc on M74 at 85. Nice clear sunny afternoon but knew as I pulled alongside I was done. 2nd overtaking a lorry in lake district got nabbed by a camera van, v annoying as was about only safe place to overtake but too expensive to fight it.

Am generally slower now esp driving a diesel estate.

Drac

2 in 17 years, entirely my fault.

Kuco

0 in 23 years.

raccoon
    Free Member

Two speeding offences.

SP30 and a SP70 in 22 years of driving.

But I do get pulled over a lot for random checks!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

No speeding offences in 35 years

However did get two year ban for drink/riding on a triumph saint.

Best thing that ever happened in some ways, got back into cycling and never looked back

hjghg5
    Free Member

0 in 17 years. Although there was one time I swear I set a camera off (just after a speed limit change, I only realised it was a 40 after I saw the flash and was doing 50+), a nervous wait for post but nothing showed up. That did seem to be the trigger for me to start sticking more closely to the limits in future.

Which now means that pretty much every morning I get someone attempting a dodgy overtake on the way to work as they can’t possibly be held up by someone driving at the speed limit.

Been driving 24 years and had one 3 pointer (35 right on the boundary of a 30/40 change) – was in a line of accelerating traffic which was annoying, as the gun was lifted when I was passing. That was around 17 years ago and had none since – that’s not saying I always drive within the law, I just don’t get caught (touches some wood)

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 in 14 years, but the last of those was 4 years ago so points free at the moment.

MrOvershoot

scaredypants – Member

1 in 30

stopped by a copper for “running a red light” once too – not how I saw it but there you go. He let me off because my wife was shouting at me
    Almost exactly the same except I was on a bike the officer let me off as he conceded that had I not I would have been crushed by the lorry that only just stopped in time!!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Zero in 37 years – I think it’s because I’ve only ever driven cars that have a special dial that tell you what speed you’re doing 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘How many speeding offenses have you had?’ is closed to new replies.