Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How many rounds of bread in a medium sliced loaf?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I need to know for estimating party food purposes and I don’t have one to hand.

I call upon the STW Massif to furnish me with the answer.

wwaswas

None – they’re all square!

igmc.

google/yahoo says 24 medium slices from a 1.5lb loaf so if you take the crusts off that’s 22 slices

cchris2lou

8 round of sandwich in a thick white and 50/50 Kingsmill. So 9 or 10 in a medium?

baby
    Free Member

I’m not sure as I’ve not got a whole loaf here but the two slices I’ve got are of a width equivalent to a very short piece of string.

binners

For quality control purposes, the less the better. If you get into double figures, its too thinly sliced. This is the best…

I loiks it coz itz named after me, innit? 😀

wwaswas

real men just cut a loaf lengthways and make a sandwich from that.

Cougar

I loiks it coz itz named after me, innit?

You’re misreading, it actually says “thick cut”.

binners

I must have subconsciously added the n 😆

There was a chippy in Broughton did one up on the chip baaaaaaaarm. They’d would get a whole unsliced loaf, hollow it out inside from the top, and then ram it full of chips, and cover it in salt and vinegar. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I really want a chip barm now 🙁

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You have slices of bread or rounds of sandwiches not rounds of bread .

Bunnyhop

where’s my invitation?

the sliced bread in a supermarket is cut thickly to sell more, our local bakery has a slicing machine with a thinner cut, so more slices.
    sorry that still doesn’t answer your question.

binners

Is this for the chip butties after next Mondays pub ride? Are we all round to yours then? Will you be supplying chilled beers too?

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

the sliced bread in a supermarket is cut thickly to sell more, our local bakery has a slicing machine with a thinner cut, so more slices.

I think it’s just a preference thing though surely? My bakers can cut a variety of thicknesses. Too thin and it’s not a very satisfying sandwich.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How many rounds of bread in a medium sliced loaf?’ is closed to new replies.