Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • How many people work on the Death Star..
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Erm…….. it looks as if scaffolding might not be necessary – you should be able to reach most of it standing on a stool

How the hell is she going to get that out the door?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How the hell is she going to get that out the door?

Well, it made short work of Alderaan, I can't see a door being too much of an issue ………

bigsi
    Free Member

Well i thought about scaffolding but what do you fix it to, wouldn't it just float away ?

If you do start with a basic frame and build from there how would you get the power to it to make the tea or power the tools ?

This needs further thought although i do like the idea of a STW deathstar, we could have different sections for different styles of riding ! It could be a bit like the STW bike that was suggested a few weeks ago only on a bigger scale, I've got some cheap riser bars which i can donate to get the thing started and Ton has always got something he's looking to get rid of. Anyone else ?

jon1973
    Free Member

I've got some old tiles lying around – ideal for making a splash guard for a toilet sink – I could even put them up. How many toilets does the Death Star have?

grievoustim
    Free Member

did anyone actually own this? it was my dream but I don't think I ever evan saw one in the flesh as it were

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

it was my dream but I don't think I ever evan saw one in the flesh as it were

I never had one, but I had mates that did. 🙂

kimbers

yep well kind of my little brother got one from a car boot sale in about 1990, mint condition for 50p!
    was cool as he was 6 years younger so i had an excuse to look out for rare star wars toys coz he liked them

we still have it in my parents loft

peachos
    Free Member

the thing that always baffled me about the constuction of the death star was it's major design flaw. i mean who would design such an obvious target with thermal exhaust ports that led straight to the main reactor and were conveniently large enough to accomodate space craft of the size which could drop off exposive materials? that guy needs strangling from the other side of the room.

soma_rich
    Free Member

My son wants this for Christmas!

Think its £200 though gulp!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is there a Death Shed behind the Death Star full of bicycles, cans of paint and rusty screwdrivers?

CaptJon
    Free Member

At 160km and 900km in diamater for the first and second Death Stars respectively, that is a lot of materials that need mining, forging and shaping, even before construction begins.

From the partly finished DS2 it looks like they start from the middle, building out vertically and horizonatally in 360º, then filling in various sections.

Presumably large parts could have been built elsewhere and slotted in.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Slave labour was used apparently:

After the beginning of the Great Jedi Purge, an assault was led on the planet Kashyyyk to enslave the native Wookiees for the Death Star's construction. Various prison planets were also known to have their captives unwittingly construct various sections of the station. The Empire also had Mrlssi scientists working on some of the technology that would go into the station.[6]

Wilhuff Tarkin with Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader in 19 BBY overlooking the construction of the first Death Star.

Nevertheless, the project nearly ended before it began. Because much of the technology of the Death Star was impressive, actually building it proved to be more difficult than anyone imagined. Efforts were not helped by repeated (and often unsuccessful) sabotage efforts.

Of particular concern was the technology required to create the massive superlaser, the heart of the weapon. To this end, Tarkin brought together some of the most brilliant minds of the Galaxy, including Tol Sivron, Qwi Xux, and Bevel Lemelisk, and built a proof-of-concept model at the Maw Installation. This model would eventually become known as the Death Star Prototype. These scientists also found and corrected several flaws in the Geonosian blueprints, which had been used in that phase of construction. Renowned physicist Rorax Falken worked with the Empire at some point during the construction of the Death Star, though he was not aware that his ideas and knowledge were being used for a battlestation.[6]

With the concept completed and the plans finalized, Lemelisk took the plans to Despayre, where construction would finally be completed after twenty years of hard work and the death of many individuals. In celebration, the Death Star turned its massive weapon on Despayre itself, completely destroying it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star

IanMunro
    Free Member

Looks harsh. No bog (sorry Death Dunny) on that diagram. I guess you could shit in the trench though.

jon1973
    Free Member

Wookieepeida

Pure Genius

VanHalen

you can guarentee that if there is an architect involved that its overbudget and its defo behind schedule.

do you think the FA were involved?

bigsi
    Free Member

The Federation Alliance 😯

bigsi
    Free Member

The Federation Alliance 😯

What have they got to do with building this thing ❓

bigsi
    Free Member

blood&y new fangled site 😕

kimbers

health and safety was obviously a pressing issue among the death star staff

http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/family-guy-blue-harvest/railing

Olly
    Free Member

With the concept completed and the plans finalized, Lemelisk took the plans to Despayre, where construction would finally be completed after twenty years of hard work and the death of many individuals. In celebration, the Death Star turned its massive weapon on Despayre itself, completely destroying it.

not options for returning it if it didnt work then?
    wonder if they got a recipet for that kind of thing anyway?

kimbers

insurance??

maybe thats how they got to build death star 2, nice fat payout new for old

M&S?

bigsi
    Free Member

Well if its a warranty return i hope it wasn't supplied by silverfish or they could be in for a long wait 🙄

juan
    Free Member

Plus you need to add the cost of building the shield generator on the moon with the little furry animals 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

Plus you need to add the cost of building the shield generator on the moon with the little furry animals

Endor and Ewoks?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

On a smilar vein, anybody know what MPG an At-At gets? I fancy one for commuting. That will annoy the X5 drivers a bit.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i think the question to which we all wish to know the answer is:

What's the gayest character on star wars?

Olly
    Free Member

Jar Jar Binks.

dont ask silly questions 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

episode 1-3 aren't star wars as far as i'm concerned

bigsi
    Free Member

Nah its Han Solo but only because everyone can see his Wookie 😯

kimbers

c3po

bigsi
    Free Member

Wasn't the guy who was C3PO gay in real life ?

juan
    Free Member

I though darth vader was pretty gay. Come on he wears leathers…

VanHalen

the shield generator is enabling works and should be factored into the contractors price.

do you think they did competitive tendering? or do you think they managed their own project and subcontracted various parts?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

and how do you quantify 'the force'?

it would have to be audited in some way if the project utilised it

jon1973
    Free Member

Wasn't the guy who was C3PO gay in real life ?

He's in a civil partnership with R2D2 now apprently.

juan
    Free Member

do you think they did competitive tendering? or do you think they managed their own project and subcontracted various parts?

Well considering how fast they've build the second one, I bet they were not using the project team responsible for the 2012 olympics.

mossmaned
    Free Member

It must have been project managed with a fully documented project charter and stakeholder analasys. I wonder if they undertook a risk analasys?

zaskar
    Free Member

Resale value?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Resale value?

Scrap. Luke blew it to smithereens.

TimP
    Free Member

Environmental Impact Assessment?

What percentage of renewable energy did they have to provide?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘How many people work on the Death Star..’ is closed to new replies.