• This topic has 35 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jamz.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • how many people are thére on the strava segments on your local loop?
  • julians
    Free Member

Just interested really, as there are approx 1700 people on most of the downhill segments of my local loop,and its not a trail centre. Wondering if thata typical for you or not?

ferrals
    Free Member

Couple of hundred people on most of them

siloseven
    Free Member

there’s a few bits in the peak district around hope that have 3000-4000

colournoise

Varies between 25 and about 175 depending which but of the woods you’re riding.

jam-bo

200ish on my local woods.
    6-700ish if you hit some of the more popular routes on the moors.

david47
    Free Member

10,000 or so on a few around here…

julians
    Free Member

Forgot to ask in the op, roughly where is your local loop?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

No-one else on most of the tracks I ride in Fettercairn. There was one other once but it looks like a roadie who got lost.

Simon

Local to me off road “legal” stuff (BW) around 450, other cheeky stuff less than 20 up to around 80.

P-Jay
    Free Member

800 or so in my local woods, Forrest Fawr.

10 times that on some sections of the centres though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

25-1000 depending on route

Superficial
    Free Member

There are about 1250 on some of mine, but that’s in Blacka Moor which is a popular spot for the whole of Sheffield and some visitors too. Mostly around 200 or so. Some of the road ones have > 10 000!

MrSmith
    Free Member

9500 odd (road loop from one of the main cycle routes to the north downs from SE London)

GolfChick
    Free Member

varies between 400-600 ish depending on whether its a popular all year round segment im guessing. On a side related matter swiped another QOM tonight!

kerley
    Free Member

Around 500 on off road segments and around 2000 on road. And one guy seems to have KOM on around 50% of the road and off road sections.

Healthy number of people I think that makes getting a KOM very hard work (which is a good thing)

ajantom

10-20 on some of the more obscure local trails, maybe 300ish on the more popular routes on Woodbury, rising to 1500-2000+ up at Haldon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

About 10,000 (Swinley)

martinhutch

500-odd on the main segment of my nearest loop (S Dales).

cheekyget
    Free Member

Too many……my local is Boxhill…………………thousands….

nickc

650 on one of the more popular descents. Which is less than I’d have thought TBH

whitestone
    Free Member

Ranges from 7500 individuals not attempts on segments in Gisburn Forest to 600 or so for some trails in the Dales to around 100 on lesser known bridleways and the cheeky stuff south of Skipton.

Some of the better Dales descents, usually these require a bit of work to get to, have less than 30.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

One forest has about 50+ on the better known trails, the other has around 250+. Not a huge amount of activity around here, most folk on Strava appear to be on the roads instead.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Local busy routes, perhaps a hundred, less busy perhaps 20 or less. Being on the Isle of Wight means there aren’t too many people about. Rarely see anyone else on most of my rides, lovely!

nedrapier

200-300 on the busiest. Some 20-30, plenty in between

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking about it, that 10,000 was taken for a decent at the far end of the red route, and it’s the number of individuals using strava, not number of runs, and not a total number either, and probably much lower than the blue route!

There must be maintained roads that see less traffic than Swinely!

Yak

Between 20 and a few hundred. I don’t really take any stock of whether I get a KOM or not as I can reliably get my arse handed to me on a plate whenever I race.

chakaping
    Free Member

1 to 3,000-odd, depending on if its road or Mtb.

taxi25
    Free Member

Local Castle Coch woods 40-800 but after the Velothon some road segments have 8000 !!

warpcow
    Free Member

About 25-300ish for MTB depending on how well known the trail is around here. Strava usage doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as widespread here in Sweden though.

Don’t ride road, but there seem to be a lot more there. Up to 3000-4000 on various climbs and descents around here. Some of those are used for races ans sportives though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Local stuff (Derbyshire Dales) – 150 or so.

Usual rides are in the Peak where it’s between 1000 and 3000.

Tiger6791

About 10,000 (Swinley)

Yeah but you can forget about 9950 of them

but these four are annoying…

Jason Robinson, Si Trickett, Darren Thorp & Aidan Harding

MrNice
    Free Member

everything from 10-20 up to thousands (Sheffield/Peak)

AlexSimon

I was surprised how few there were in Whistler. 2000 was the biggest number I saw (for the Fitzsimmons chair lift and Crank it Up).

Around here, it’s anywhere from <100 for cheekies to 3000 for the busiest Peak District descents.

nedrapier

I bumped Aiden Harding down a rung on a climb the other day! He can’t have been trying, but then I’d had a couple of pints, so…

I’ll be snaffling his route, looks very nice. I don’t thing he’s lived down this way for a good while, though.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

25-200 on all the local cheeky stuff.

Jamz
    Free Member

There’s 5000+ attempts by 1000+ people on the very busiest segments at Woburn (off road)

There’s 15000+ by 3000+ people on the busiest road around Milton Keynes

And Ive just noticed the Bowl in MK where they hold races which has 102,204 attempts by 945 very keen people!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘how many people are thére on the strava segments on your local loop?’ is closed to new replies.