Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • How many people actually pay for Strava "Premium"?
  • poonprice
    Free Member

Does a premium account let you access more than 60 days of activity? I’d like to see all my history, which i’m pretty sure the iPhone app lets you do.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not premium – i can see rides i did in 2009.

mattjg
    Free Member

This article quotes Strava as saying 20% of users pay fees, much higher than I would have guessed: http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/biking/How-Strava-Is-Changing-the-Way-We-Ride.html

I assume us freeloaders will be subjected to advertising in due course (once Strava judge they have achieved critical mass in terms of community size and competition won’t start up against them) but I haven’t seen any yet.

Currently I don’t use it enough, or value the extra features enough, to pay for premium at the current cost. Perhaps that would be better expressed as ‘I don’t take it seriously enough’, it’s just a toy for me and I think it’s fairly prone to error on short segments too.

cchris2lou

I pay for it since feb this year .

Have been using strava for 1 year for free before that .

I think they offer a good service , which helps me get motivated to go out a bit more than i would .

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I assume us freeloaders will be subjected to advertising in due course

They’re already doing advertising. You just haven’t worked out it is advertising yet… 😉

BenjiM

Trailrat, it’s a Galaxy S2 smart arse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah well confirms my statement really – substitute cheap for old.

trail_rat
    Free Member

quick google confirms the s2 gps is chronically bad.

BenjiM

Dig a little deeper and youll find the GPS problems went with the ICS update. It’s also not as old as the Edge 500, which a good deal of folk seek to use for uploading to Strava, if you’re playing the “old” card. I’m not suggesting by any means that the S2 is better for tracking than a stand alone GPS but the accuracy issues lie with Stravas Software not the phone. Readings are also excellent on MM Tracker and on Maverick.

dazzlingboy

Very tempted. Mainly because my times are crap and I’m convincing myself that if I was able to look at the 40+ agegroup then my times would look more respectable.

Drowning man, straws etc.

jonk

I pay for premium to support the site and app, as well as getting my fitness load better than without it.

BenjiM

Last post on the S2 business. Here’s a shot of the GPS accuracy which I think is pretty reasonable for an old phone 🙂 Make of it what you will.

aracer
    Free Member

I do like the suffer score though (how often do you get told you are Epic?)

You’re epic, alibongo (that was a freebie)

Here’s a shot of the GPS accuracy which I think is pretty reasonable for an old phone

<shrugs> you’re the one complaining about poor tracking – not a problem I have.

BTW your phone almost certainly wasn’t free – you just bought it on HP.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep strava app works on many other phones.

oddly i cant find many references to GPS issues with ICS upgrade – what i see is tech folk saying its the how the chipset is implemented into the phone that causes the issues.

So unless ICS removes the chip and puts it in badly then its a known issue with the s2.

FWIW my iphone 3gs and 4 used to track nicely.

my edge 205 and forerunner 305 were a bit more sporradic

my edge 500 you can see exactly what side of the road i rode down.

as i said before your other apps dont need every second data points so it can disguard erroneous data points that are clearly gibberish.

but if your convinced your phones so great – crack on , it doesnt effect me. Cant help the unhelpable.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘How many people actually pay for Strava "Premium"?’ is closed to new replies.