Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How many owners are too many?
  • MrTricky
    Free Member

Looking at a nine year old VW t5.1 campervan which has had 3 owners – should the number of previous owners ring alarm bells?

Mot history looks fine.

It’s not a California and hasn’t got the biturbo engine

Cheers

David

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not at that age, 3 owners in a year old car then I would be trying to contact them to see why they’d got shot of it.

shermer75
    Free Member

As in, been sold second hand twice in 9 years? Sounds ok to me…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    garage-dweller

3 years each roughly. Given some people change cars more often than they change pants (not literally) I’d not be worried about that

mashr

Fine with me, if it was closer to 9 I’d be twitching

Northwind

Wouldn’t bother me, especially for a lifestyle vehicle. Even moving it on in a year which would usually bother me with a car, wouldn’t ring the same alarm bells since people are more likely to get it to live the dream, then not like the dream as much as they thought.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Thanks folks – we’ve had our for 16 years, from new, and have just started to think about a newer one. Sounds like we are the exception.

Cheers

David

andrewh
    Free Member

I was the seventh owner of my old van, and it was eight years old when I got it…
    Maybe that had put some folks off but made it cheap so worth a punt. Lasted me another seven years.

sharkattack

I think my record is 13 previous owners. That was on a £600, 19 year old Capri Laser. Judge it by the condition and nothing else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How many owners are too many?’ is closed to new replies.