Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • How many of your bikes could you ride at this moment…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

All 4 as long as swapping pedals is accepted as ready to ride.

Northwind

All but one, but only because it doesn’t have any pedals fitted.

(the XC bike doesn’t count, it’s in bits in a box)

whitestone
    Free Member

All five and all five have been ridden in the last couple of weeks. Probably don’t even need to pump up the tyres on most of them.

simondbarnes

8/9. Geared winter road bike needs rear wheel rebuilding (although I do have spare wheels)

mintimperial

How many of your bikes could you ride at this moment…

You lot are amazing. I can only ride one bike at a time and even then I fall off it quite often. How some of you can ride two or three bikes all at once is beyond me.

Although I suspect TJ is fibbing about being able to ride five bikes and a tandem simultaneously, that’s just silly.

😀

shifter
    Free Member

Six. And I’ve ridden five of them this month. SS will come out soon and the swanky carbon hardtail will hibernate. Motorbike was sorned at the end of last month.

shakers97
    Free Member

Wow I’m impressed with the skills of you guys, I can only ride one at a time

sirromj

All 4 as long as swapping pedals is accepted as ready to ride.

Given the recent thread on unscrewing pedals I’d say not. Which means I only have 2/3 ready to ride.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Six; three of mine, three further for wife and two teenage lads

Five more in the shed in various states – from frame & fork only up to just missing pedals and seat.

I also appear to have 50% of Europe’s front deraileurs

trailwagger
    Free Member

This thread has made me realise i need more bikes.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

2 steel road bikes, 1 steel road bike but its the girlfriends, so I’d be hunched over, bmx, brake is deadly, but it goes.

can’t

1 mtb awaiting new brakes, 1 steel road bike with crank issue, 1 steel road bike without wheels and cables…

peteimpreza

Three ready to ride outdoors

One on the rollers

One in another country but ready to go if I made the journey

Mister-P
    Free Member

None right now. I’ve got one complete bike but it’s locked away 20 miles from home.

colournoise

One on the turbo with an indoor tyre on, one hanging on the wall and hasn’t been used for a year or so, and the bamboo bike still not finished…

So three (Rocket, BFe and pub klunker) out of six are still ready to go…

everyone
    Free Member

4/7 although the head tube on the cx bike is cracked and all the bits from the boardman road bike are on the new kinesis replacement so they don’t really count. The xc ss has no brakes, front wheel or a chain (that orange crunchy thing doesn’t count) so it’s more like 4/5.

benp1

All 4 of mine. Wife’s bike might need tyres pumped up. Sons bike is fine. Motorbike might need air in tyres

steve_b77
    Free Member

5/5 all meticulously maintained or rather new

thomthumb
    Free Member

6/8.

CX bike died after racing on sunday. Waiting on a new hanger/ chain and mech.
    Town bike is a work in progress (& has been for a year or more) needs the nexus hub mounting properly.

martymac

3 out of 3 Are ready to conquer Europe.
    The engine otoh, isnt ready. In fact, not even close.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Whoops, I replied above and forgot about pedals. 3 of the bikes I listed share one set of pedals (powertap) so I’d need 2 minutes to switch them across.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

2 of 2. Although up until last weekend, I was running a 31spoke rear wheel on the hardtail for a few weeks until I had time and inclination to make the repair.

windyg
    Free Member

5 out of 6, my Anthem is missing a chain, chainring and pedals

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2 out of 2, sold all the rest!

brakes
    Free Member

1 out of 6.
    1 need pedals putting on.
    1 has a flat.
    1 has a brake missing and the forks are seized.
    1 has a chain, seatpost, saddle and pedals missing.
    1 has a flat and no seatpost or saddle.

Bike maintenance has been on my to-do list for about 6 months.

Daffy

5/5. All have pedals, all have charged lights, all are clean(ish) and oiled. 4/5 should also have near correct tyre pressures.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Both.

tjagain

Although I suspect TJ is fibbing about being able to ride five bikes and a tandem simultaneously, that’s just silly.

😆

holdsteady

wife and 2 kids’ bikes all in decent working order (probably because they rarely get used)

4/5 of mine are rideable, however only 1/5 in perfect working order.
    1 needs rear brake bleeding
    2 have gear related issues

The only one not safely rideable has no brake cables.

mcnultycop

3 our of 4. The last one is the fat bike I’ve been struggling (ie pretty much given up on) to get set up tubeless so I could stick tubes in which would take about 10 minutes.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

O/1 😐

The frame and rear shock are on holiday in Germany 🙂

smell_it
    Free Member

6 out of 6, who **** about with this shit?

seosamh77
    Free Member

1/1

BigDummy
    Free Member

1/1

Capra – yes, but rear wheel bearings may chew themselves up at any given moment

Shan – yes 100%

Lava Dome – no, flat tyres and no pedals

Enduro – erm, no it’s a frame, shock, derailleurs and chainset with no oter bits

theotherjonv

3/3

although it also depends on what you mean by ‘ride’ as two have just been rebuilt / upgraded, so need 15 mins or so around the local area first to make sure eg: new chain / old cassette are compatible, etc.

Nothing worse* than heading out with a group and being mr ‘can we just stop while I adjust my gears’ 10 times over.

* I hate that phrase – there’s tonnes worse than being mildly annoying

cooie

3/2

Teetosugars
    Free Member

7/9
    Just need to bleed the brakes on two..

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

2/6

Kona donated its saddle to the Shand
    Inbred SS donated various parts to Tinbred years ago
    Overbury’s Pioneer = resto project
    Rockhopper, well, that’s Mrs Knob’s really. Has flat tyres.

That leaves the Shand and the Tinbred ready to go.

sssimon
    Free Member

2/7 although that’s 6/11 across the whole garage if you factor in the wife and kids bikes, hopefully be up to 4/7 this weekend.

DezB
    Free Member

All 5. Plus a 6th which is in my garage needing new cables. Used to be the ex-wife’s, is now a loaner. Oh yeah, it has no brake pads (v-brake! yay!) so would go ok, just not stop.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘How many of your bikes could you ride at this moment…’ is closed to new replies.