Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • How many of your bikes could you ride at this moment…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

As in, how many could you just check the tyre pressures and go, and how many are lying around in various states of disaasembly, repair, or renovation

I have 6, 4 currently ridable, others need a once over with the torque wrench, and more importantly, have no brakes fitted

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

5/5 are rideable within the next 5 minutes.

TiRed

All of them (10) bar an old track bike from which I borrowed the stem.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All 3. Or 4 if you include the wifes.

andy4d

1 rideable, 1 with turbo tyre on (does that count), 1 currently missing it’s forks.

onandon
    Free Member

Ten are rideable at the mo.

GolfChick
    Free Member

3 bikes, 3 rideable in less than one minute, none of them I can technically ride though because I fell off manualing yesterday and am now struggling to walk pain free!

andytherocketeer

4 out of 5 rideable right now (but a drop of lube on the chain and a bit of air in the tyres would be preferable)

the other bike is in a pile of bits in the corner, and just needs to be put back together again

bikebouy
    Free Member

Both.

prawny

Would need to straighten the bars out on one but other than that 2/3 although tyre pressure wouldn’t be optimal, and one is on ice spikes.

The other is rideable, but the frame is cracked and it’s got he be dismantled and shipped back to winstanleys.

warpcow
    Free Member

4/4, but I’m not sure I’d last long on my fixed with the ice we have here now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

0 of 4. Possibly.

XC hardtail is a goer, albeit with v slow puncture in the front
    ATB 29er has a flat and is partially dismantled/stored
    Cargo/utility desperately needs brake oil and rear rack refitting. Possibly a new rear roller brake unit.
    Raleigh Sirocco (80’s roadie) is in bits and needs completely restoring.

Bit rubbish really 😳

dawson

3 out of 4

The 4th would need bars straightening and pedals fitting as its semi-retired.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Four Mtbs, 26ht, 26fs, 29ht and fat, two roads, lightweight and tourer – all right now, a couple, DH, Heckler and old ht 30 mins, couple more an hour or two… Only ride a couple of them but can’t get rid either….

njee20
    Free Member

4/4, although one has no pedals (power meter gets swapped between two bikes).

kennyp
    Free Member

Three out of five rideable. Commuting bike no longer required, and nice summer bike taken apart and packed away till the sun comes back.

chakaping
    Free Member

2/5

Four if you gave me 15 minutes to swap some wheels round.

weeksy

All of them, instantly.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I dont even kniw how many bikes i have. 😳

orangeboy
    Free Member

5 work and I’m not going to admit to how many are Work in progress , let’s just say it’s more than 5 broken

tor5
    Free Member

Well, with some creative accounting 1/1.

The new 650fs is ready to go, but there’s a HT frame in the stand getting built at the moment and 26fs & 26ht frames in the corner that have given up enough parts to their replacements I don’t really consider them bikes, just frames to move on…

RustySpanner

4 out of 5.

One’s just a frame at the mo, rest all ready to go, even the BMX of doom.

schmiken

12 out of 14. I need to build a new wheel for the coaching bike and the BMX is rideable but the BB needs attention. My commuting bikes rear wheel is creaking but perfectly rideable.

mrhoppy

None, because I’m broken at the moment 😥 but all 4 are in working order beyond a quick check over. I’ve got a poor BMX that hasn’t been ridden by me yet, obtained just before I had surgery.

trail_rat
    Free Member

8 to go although the fixie brakes need attention but it rides fine.

Fat bike needs fork bits

And my carbon xc singlespeed needs assembling.

zippykona

4 but 5 if you count turbo bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

3/3 the “pub bike” is all a bit losey goosey but there you go

Tracey

All of them.

hjghg5
    Free Member

One at this very moment because I’m in Gran Canaria. The bike I have out here has new cables yesterday after we finished our ride. At home there are 5 which I’d be fairly confident of being ok (winter roadie, summer roadie, TT bike, fixie and cross bike). The mtb definitely needs work to get it rideable

tomhoward

7/7 of mine are ready to go. can only ride 1 cos of injury at the mo though.

TheGingerOne

100%
    3/3
    three out of three
    all of them

lunge

6/6.
    Turbo bike has a turbo tyre and no rear brake but is rideable and perfect for its purpose, oh and the commuter needs some chain lube but all good bar that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Both.

All 3 come sunday. :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

All 6 – but the Patriot I want to do a few things to. But it’s still perfectly rideable.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As in jump on and ride immediately: 7 out of 9.

TT bike shares wheels with road bike. Fat bike has a rear puncture.

So, with 2 minutes notice: all of them.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

6/6

One needs fork bushings but is still assembled until I take out a second mortgage in case that turns into a new CSU

stevied
    Free Member

2/2..I was going for 1/1 but then remembered the retro Cannondale I’ve just finished. It’s stored at work, away from the wife 🙄

P-Jay
    Free Member

All one of them…

tjagain

All of them. thats my 3 solos, the tandem, t’missus two bikes that she never uses I am an obsessive tinkerer. None even need the tyres blown up I think *rushes off to check* I did break my unicycle but decided the parts to fix it were not worth the cost. But that doesn’t count as a bicycle.

Even a slight noise when out riding will mean that its sorted when I get home or very soon afterwards. All now have fully serviced drivetrains, well lubed chains, plenty of life in the brake pads and all the forks have oil less than a year old. I could perhaps change the brake fluid in a couple of the brakes as it been in there over a year. Did I say I was a bit obsessive?

milky1980
    Free Member

All 4, don’t like having a bike out of action.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘How many of your bikes could you ride at this moment…’ is closed to new replies.