Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • How many of you have an I.C.E entry in your mobile contacts?
  • Cougar

Get yourselves a RoadID wristband, will deliver to UK

20 quid for a means of carrying ID? I think I’ll stick a bit of card in my pocket.

(Not that you’re biased or anything, with your referral ID there.)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

How many people do you think have got that iphone app and put in their mobile number as an “if found call”?

uplink
    Free Member

How many people regularly go out without any form of ID whatsoever?

I do most of the time but it seems to be a bit of a no, no these days

cupra
    Free Member

I have my home tele number taped to the inside of my cycle helmet and ICE in my phone but as that is pin protected……

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have a couple of sets of dog tags that I got made up, leave them in my saddle bag then covered if I stack it & lose my memory or die

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If it was set to “Never” why would I need to set a PIN?

Mines on ‘never’, but it does lock when you close the slidey bit of the phone. Not got a password though, just menu+* to unlock.

On topic, its got mum and dad on it, and the missus is the only number under favourites, so I should be identifiable.

mattsccm
    Free Member

You take your phone cycling? Crazy 🙄

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve been playing with endomondo recently…. if I stack it, they could see how to get me back to my house by retracing my route 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve realised I’ve often got no ID on me at all when I run or when I cycle, mostly just have keys. Bloke in the office says the ICE thing is crap, police/fire/ambulance won’t answer phones, and won’t spend time looking on them either?

footflaps

I go fell running / xc running (often at night) with just a car key and a head torch, have done for years…

crikey
    Free Member

Emsz, you should have a little card saying ‘ will snog for chips ‘, I’ve got one and I use it all the time…

philconsequence
    Free Member

i ride to get away from things like phones and emails.

might stick a contact number for mrsconsequence inside my helmet

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

RoadID here. Makes a lot of sense to me (I’m diabetic).

I’m wearing it, so it’s unlikely to be referring to anybody else. It’s not in a wallet tucked in a bag who I could be carrying for someone else and it’s not in a saddle bag attached to a bike that happens to be near me.

GrahamS

Bloke in the office says the ICE thing is crap

Well it was an scheme originally devised by a paramedic working for East Anglian Ambulance Service.

But the bloke in your office probably knows best 😀

emsz
    Free Member

😳

crikey, that would only work if i was veeeerrrryyyyy pissed though 😆

5lab

you can also have a bb password thats very quick and easy to type in. something like qwert – chances of someone guessing it in 5 attempts is minimal, so just as secure as ‘B@dg3r123!’

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

When i’m on my bike by myself I wear a road ID.

uplink
    Free Member

you can also have a bb password thats very quick and easy to type in. something like qwert

My work laptop password is qwerty1234 for PC and network access
    We were supposed to change them to something memorable but I thought that was quite good

🙂

GrahamS

What’s your IP address again uplink?

Oh.. never mind.. found it..

uplink
    Free Member

What’s your IP address again uplink?

Here

Fill yer boots

uplink
    Free Member

Update..

It’s just changed again 🙂

ChrisL

I lost my phone earlier in the year. My mum got a phone call from the police after someone had handed it in. They’d phoned her because her number is my ICE, so some people in the police do look for ICE, at least some of the time.

Jamie
    Free Member

20 quid for a means of carrying ID? I think I’ll stick a bit of card in my pocket.
    (Not that you’re biased or anything, with your referral ID there.)

My Road ID was only £11ish, if I remember right.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Slight tangent, but our front desk/admin/property lady has reunited several digital cameras with their owners after looking through the photos and finding car registration numbers. Which probably won’t happen at any other police station, but you never know. Some people do try and get stuff back to folk rather than just stick it in the cupboard.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’ve got a name tag sewn into all my tops, my mum did it. 😀

69er
    Free Member

I bet you’ve got string joining your gloves too… 😀

Cougar

I’ve got a name tag sewn into all my tops, my mum did it.

If I ever have a kid, I’m going to save that effort by naming him George and shopping at ASDA.

Dan67
    Free Member

I have a short cut on my lock screen to an ICE app on my phone that I use. Not sure weahter anyone would bother to look mind you but always worth it if they do

GrahamS

If I ever have a kid, I’m going to save that effort by naming him George and shopping at ASDA.

😀 That’s why my first name is “Large”

beej

Road ID here too – just the basic one, so was about £11. Very obvious if I was found unconcious.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Giro used to do a sticker to fill out your emergency contact details on and clag inside your helmet, not a bad idea.

As my phone is just a phone, not a key to unimaginable riches, and portals unknown, I’m quite happy not to lock it (maybe a cheap nasty emergency phone is better to carry while riding anyway, you know in case you might damage it).

I don’t have an ICE contact though I guessed they’d look for Home, Dad, Mum etc. and maybe the most recent/popular texts/calls.

Edit: Oh and I’m thinking of getting a Tattoo in arabic that says “please look after this bear”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t have a mobile so thats me fubared then 🙂

Tonight I had nothing on me to identify me at all. Not the smartest move perhpas

TiRed

I have a BES blackberry with password protection. BUT, I can enable calling through the locked home screen – hence I have an ICE number. The home screen also gives name, contact email and phone number.

I carry a Jimi wallet with my driving license as ID, work pass and bank card. At least it doesn’t get soggy against my back or in the rain.

scottidog
    Free Member

My bike club gave us little laminated cards with our NOK details, allergies etc on to keep in our camelbacks. Pretty good idea I thought.

Also have an ICE contact in my phone and don’t have a passcode. If someone has nothing better to do than read my emails they’re welcome!

samuri
    Free Member

Really, if you have a smart phone that has access to your email, put a decent pin on it. I can steal your identity if I have access to your email and I’m a good guy. Pleaase don’t let a bad guy get hold of it.

Drac

Police and paramedics look for this automatically

Do we? News to me, we don’t contact relatives. If patient is bad enough that they can’t identify themselves then priority is fixing them up and getting them to Hospital. It’s pretty rare that the Police can’t trace them quickly. In 22 years I’ve only contacted relatives of those who aren’t injured but need some one to come and seek them, then it’s generally for kids the adults are pretty good at ringing for themselves.

Carry some paper ID, driver’s licence, you’ll identified much quicker than a phone. Phone’s get smashed but if they didn’t Police look for ‘home’ ‘wife’ ‘mam and dad’ on them you get the idea.

bruneep

Police and paramedics look for this automatically

No time for that as they are too busy looking for the baby that is on board.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do we? News to me, we don’t contact relatives.

It was on Sirens, so must be true.

I will accept your apology in the form of a written letter or haiku.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I have a Road ID which cost £12 all in from their website.

While they might not need the contact info, the ID and other info might be helpful in scooping me back into life, if the worse happens.

Drac

I’m so sorry Jamie it must be true, we also always have 3 crew members on board, our boss also has an office at the Casualty.

cinnamon_girl

Haven’t read all the thread but I’m tonight out of hospital after 3 days, having come off the bike and being unconscious. I had no ID.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘How many of you have an I.C.E entry in your mobile contacts?’ is closed to new replies.