Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How many of you are swiping to unlock…
  • sc-xc

..,after installing iOS 10?

Gonna take,e a while to unlearn this!

prawny

Not me, fingerprint unlock isn’t it 8)

siloseven
    Free Member

everytime, it’s doing my head in.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have stopped – eventually (upgraded on first day) … I posted a video is the other thread about how to adjust variois settings inc the unlock. Now I am paranoid about wearing the button out 😳

BTW have now learnt you can programme more than one finger for unlock so thats good

Didn’t Apple fight a long lawsuit about swipe to unlock and now they have ditched it ?

jam-bo

Slowly getting used to not having a real button on the 7

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Didn’t Apple fight a long lawsuit about swipe to unlock and now they have ditched it ?

Indeed they did, unfortunately they lost, hence the change.. 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is that right ? Didn’t realise I thought they had won it

molgrips
    Free Member

What did you have to do before?

thehustler
    Free Member

fingerprint if not wearing correct watch, phone auto unlocked if right watch is in range (samsung btw)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Molgrips – swipe plus pin code or hold finger on button if fingerprint id setup. It’s an automatic reaction to pickup phone and swipe, even thiugh I have fingerprint id I used tomswipe/pin 90% of the time

Also here is the video, there is a new stealth tracking feature which I have certainly turned off plus all the homescreen widgets

[video]https://youtu.be/z6_egn_Hkus[/video]

CountZero

I have stopped – eventually (upgraded on first day) … I posted a video is the other thread about how to adjust variois settings inc the unlock. Now I am paranoid about wearing the button out

Why would you be worried about wearing the button out?
    Unless you’re also unaware that you don’t have to actually press the home button, just rest your finger on it to unlock*.
    I only swipe to unlock my iPad, which is a 3, around four/five years old, I’ve never swiped my iP6+
    *Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger To Open (Open iPhone with Touch ID, without having to press the Home button)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I find the fingerprint recognition a bit hit and miss and slow to respond. Hence press most of the time. I’ve changed the setup as per video and still press and pin code most of the time – maybe 60%.

j4mie
    Free Member

Find it very strange to swipe.

Haven’t tried recently but had to put my pin in and swipe when my phone was charging, found it very odd indeed.

CountZero

I find the fingerprint recognition a bit hit and miss and slow to respond. Hence press most of the time. I’ve changed the setup as per video and still press and pin code most of the time – maybe 60%.

I must admit mine had a habit of randomly refusing to accept fingerprints a while after they were set up, I had to delete them and re-do them three or four times, but the current set have been working consistently for months now, the only time I have an issue now is if my fingers are wet, which compromises readability.
    It may be that OS upgrades have improved the ability of the sensor to read prints consistently. I mainly use my thumbs, but occasionally a fingertip, I’ve got six prints registered, plus my passcode is six digits as well. 😀

ulysse
    Free Member

Wot? No mugshot unlock?

Drac

I’ve put mine back touch to unlock and as I’m not paranoid Ive kept location services on.

PrinceJohn

Looks like they’re slowing catching up with android… 😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

My unlocking works better on my 5s but the auto correct is killing me! Changing perfectly good words for more obscure ones.

nickdavies

Used to it pretty easily, been running iOS 10 for about 4 weeks. What I’m still not used to is tap to stop the alarm, not swipe! 😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

Drac I turned off the System Services ones, imo they are all about data logging to sell advertising etc. Service providers want to know where home and office are as that’s very valuable information

Drac

Pffffft! Not sure why that would bother me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

providers want to know where home and office are as that’s very valuable information

it is, it means my antiquated android phone can via google now tell me how long to get home (or my local pub) when I need to leave for my flight, the internal terminal map of the airport and many other useful things

plus all the homescreen widgets

Widgets you say? sounds very cutting edge 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How many of you are swiping to unlock…’ is closed to new replies.