Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • How many of us are above-average driving Gods?
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

There have been a number of threads about driving in snow, traction control, rear-wheel-drive and the like recently.

I'm obviously a driving hero, but how many others on here are?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I drive for a living.

Not a driving God but complacent maybe.?

chakaping
    Free Member

I'm crap.

uplink
    Free Member

Just Goan really but he's an expert at anything he's ever tried & a few he's yet to sample

jam-bo

well i've seen lots of crashes over the last week and I haven't been in one of them. take what you will from that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I'd consider myself to be a decent driver, only one accident in the seven months Ive been on the road. Some people are naturally crap though and cant do anything about it

TheDoog
    Free Member

Hmm i'm 41 and haven't felt the urge to learn yet. But if i could drive i'd be brilliant at it. I'm a god on a fork truck. I now have a kick me sign stuck to my back!

Bunnyhop

I'm a very careful driver but haven't been out yet in these snowy conditions.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I'd consider myself to be a decent driver, only one accident in the seven months Ive been on the road

😆

rolfharris
    Free Member

I'd consider myself below par, but I've only driven for a couple of years. Driving over the past week from Scotland to Yorkshire has certainly improved me though, even if it did take ages.

uplink
    Free Member

I'd consider myself to be a decent driver, only one accident in the seven months Ive been on the road

precious 😀

anyway – if we're talking accidents – zero in 33 years driving [40-50k miles/year]

seen a few in the rear view mirror mind 😉

Bunnyhop

Having been in a car with you Aristotle, I can vouch that you are indeed a good driver, maybe a tad heavy with the old right foot though. 🙂

Peregrine
    Free Member

Crap driver, don't own a car, don't want a car. I walk, run or ride the bike, if its a long way i get the train.

samuri
    Free Member

I like to think I'm pretty sensible, which is really what good driving is about. I doubt I'd be very good at racing or doing j-turns or any of that malarky but I've not had an accident for twenty years.

sockpuppet

don't you know? we're *all* better then average.

ask anyone – they'll tell you. usually just after cutting you up at a set of lights…

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm pretty crap, but my excuse is that I don't drive much. Of course if I drove more, it might just reinforce my crapness rather than reduce it 🙂

Aristotle
    Free Member

Indeed. It's a statistical fact that everyone (especially men) are above average.

I'm not that great a driver, just keen, interested and like to be aware of my surroundings.

I'm less heavy with the right foot now too. Less is more 🙂 and smoothness is the way forward, even if it is less fun than sliding about.

I've seen a lot of terrible driving in the recent snow though.

allthepies
    Free Member

Goan, samuri, coffeeking, hora.

😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think people are often to sheepish in the snow, the best bet is to use quite an aggressive driving style, or so ive found.

Keep it in quite a low gear and keep the revs quite high and the wheels spinning, if you push hard the and get it right, the tires will eventually bite and give you tonnes of grip.

backhander
    Free Member

I've done some cold weather driver training, off road training and the 3 commando bdes' amphibious driving course in north devon, which was the most fun by far.

fadda

Lol @ 59 times… 😆

crazy-legs

I think people are often to sheepish in the snow, the best bet is to use quite an aggressive driving style, or so ive found.

Keep it in quite a low gear and keep the revs quite high and the wheels spinning, if you push hard the and get it right, the tires will eventually bite and give you tonnes of grip.

LOL! You've obviously been observing the same drivers as I have! 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

I suspect anyone who rides a mountainbike will be above-average in a car in adverse conditions. The fundamentals of finding grip and coping when there isn't any are the same.

bassspine
    Free Member

I'm parked at the bottom of a 1:3 hill, I was on all fours crawling up last night (in my santa costume) never mind driving up…

PJ266
    Free Member

I like to think Im good, but then I try to parallel park 😳

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Assuming a bell shaped curve then half of the population will be above average drivers.

But, it is not a bell shaped curve, becuase I drive, and I AM a driving god. So the distribution is highly skewed.

And yes – I am also a statistical god.

crazy-legs

But, it is not a bell shaped curve, becuase I drive, and I AM a driving god

You're at the end of the bell shape – a bell-end perhaps?
    😉

will
    Free Member

😆 at this thread!

Crazy-legs – Love that 😆

Smee
    Free Member

50%

stumpy01

I'm a lot better than some out there, I'm a lot worse than some out there.

I think my observation is pretty good, but I sometimes take needless risks.

Round a track in a kart I turn into a racing god, of course :wink:. Fastest lap 2 yrs in a row at my last workplace annual karting race & my team won both times too (didn't get invited along this yr). And there were some right racer petrolhead types there who race cars & karts. They took it well though (erm, not).

DrRSwank
    Free Member

"a bell-end perhaps?"

Even my bell-end is god like.

I pity you mere mortals……

philfive
    Free Member

im average with a very flattering car

blades2000
    Free Member

I like to drive and be aware of what is going on around me and would say I above average.
    However I don't think I am a god at driving. To me a driving god would be someone like Colin McRae.

jam-bo

just a shame he wasnt a flying god….

Smee
    Free Member

just a shame some on here are pretty good at being bell-end gods….

BlackDog
    Free Member

59 times the pain you are joking aren't you?

I'm a pretty sensible driver, certainly wouldn't say I was a driving god on the road. I do a lot of motorsport though and I've been fairly successful on the track.

greyman
    Free Member

i'm extremely average

my wife however is a fantastic driver – any vehicle, any conditions.

love to see her "compete" somehow, can't be arsed though.

can parallel park in a space 6" longer than the car, in a one-er.

showoff

LOL !

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I make Sebastian Loeb look like an amateur

joolsburger
    Free Member

Shite I'm afraid to say, the missus has to park up sometimes I'm that crap.

Love going way too fast too, I'm a disaster waiting to happen.

Smee
    Free Member

greyman – no she cant.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘How many of us are above-average driving Gods?’ is closed to new replies.