Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • how many miles on the bike so far this year?
  • Slogo
    Free Member

So get 'um out and get waving!

Ive do 125miles. Not a massive. Need some good warm weather for all day rides!

GW
    Free Member

none.

GJP
    Free Member

None.

nickc

a number greater than 0

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A few hundred.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Sadly I've dome 360miles this year, wait for it……………………………all on a bloody turbo trainer! Can't wait to get home and get out riding, 6 weeks today back to Blighty!

JB
    Free Member

1466 miles since 1st Jan, including turbo trainer but that only accounts for 151, virtually all rest done off road and singlespeed.

Liftman

278 offroad

iamsporticus
    Free Member

300km since new year

Which includes approx zero during all the sodding snow

the-muffin-man

30!

darrell
    Free Member

2 spinning sessions a week but non outside. too much snow and ice here and no sign of it going any time soon

beej

1088 miles, 90% on the road.

flatfish
    Free Member

about 80 including none in the snow, so i bought myself a new bike today to try and help that feeble amount along. 😛

speaker2animals

About 500. Mixed on and off with probably about 40% on road but that is likely to increase as I have found a group of roadies to ride with twice a week.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

About 6. Today.

Pretty poor really, but hopefully more are on the way!

grumm
    Free Member

big fat zero here too.

1466 miles since 1st Jan, including turbo trainer but that only accounts for 151, virtually all rest done off road and singlespeed.

Really?

Slogo
    Free Member

JB – Member

over weekends? weeks? thats some going well done!

rOcKeTdOg

109, that's about 108 more than this time last year!

i'm doing this http://www.flickr.com/groups/1272271@N20/ to try and motivate myself to do more
    my Pic-a-ride set here http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/sets/72157622985285539/

Hairychested
    Free Member

Some 50 yards.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

154 on a variety of surfaces…..but all outdoors….!!!!

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

About 230 miles.

JB
    Free Member

Yeah… Honest… all recorded on my Garmin, usually consists of Thurs night ride, Saturday and Sunday mornings. I was quite surprised too!!! 🙂

Ringo
    Free Member

253m all of road and SS

al_f
    Free Member

JB – Member
    Yeah… Honest… all recorded on my Garmin, usually consists of Thurs night ride, Saturday and Sunday mornings. I was quite surprised too!!!

You ride 70+ miles every time you go out??!! Respect if true.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

JB – Member

220 miles a week offroad in winter conditions? I take it you meant 1st Jan 2009? 😉

Daffy

56 while recovering from a broken ankle and a prolapsed disc.

Could be better.

JB
    Free Member

😳 Re-checked the Report Parameters…. its 459.57… 😳
    I know… Idiot alert!!! Groveling apology….

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

LOL! I would've stuck with the story!

JB
    Free Member

I was quite impressed with myself for a brief moment there….

Retrodirect
    Free Member

last year about 10,000miles; and in this year so far <100.

Grimy
    Free Member

Just short of 200 miles this year so far. The weathers forced much of that to be on the flat mid week fitness rides. Other than that, only done rivi and winter hill once, and a couple of laps of lee quary. Going to innerleithan and glentress at the end of this month though, so hopefully get some better riding in…..crossing my fingers for fair weather and open trails…..please god!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

last year about 10,000miles; and in this year so far <100.

busydog
    Free Member

Only about 150 miles of trail riding (should call that mud bog riding) as it has been unusually wet (snow and rain both) here in the Southwestern US.
    I have spent about as much time cleaning the bike as riding so far

Xan
    Free Member

About 300. Mostly off road. Took a few weeks off after a fall 3 weeks ago which resulted in me having to get physio. Hoping to get back on after my ski holiday next week, and aiming for 60 miles a week min till the end of the year.

ton

about 1000. 50/50 here.

tommytowtruck

A lousy 80-ish miles. Thinking about going our for a quick road ride but have just eaten a massive slab of chocolate and hazelnut cake so will let that settle for a bit first!

MrOvershoot

Not a clue on the distance, but totting up time I make it about 41 hours out on the bike.

Which given my domestic situation is more than I expected 🙂

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

2114. Quick edit: That's Km's – sorry (and it wouldn't be anything like that by free choice).
    The absolute truth as well. All recorded from my mountain bike, road bike and commuter bike computers. 250 km's commuting a week since going back to work in January. I have no choice but to ride to and from work everyday. No access to the family car at weekends apart from once being allowed to drive over to Delamere to pick the commute bike up. Each Man City home match means I ride to and from the ground. I have to do 3 trips to Sainsbury's and back every week. Domestic strife…..got to love it.
    That total does include a 218 mile tour in New Zealand in mid January as well though.
    Ive lost 18lbs in weight this year already. I'm upping my calorie intake considerably to compensate from yesterday. I feel quite light headed, lethargic and none of my trousers fit anymore.
    Far from hating bike riding because of the ridiculous amount of cycling each week though, I've found it's become completely habitual.
    I might buy a car next month before I collapse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

totted it up last week actually and its just shy of 2500k

not bad for winter. Most of it commuting though with some longer stuff off road at weekends and of course puffer was 200 of them

last year i did rediulas ammounts of miles in jan/feb/march as i was on tour but then did very little when i got back due to injury 🙁

ton

a quick question for any of you blokes who like train properly.
    does lots of steady road miles at this time of year pay dividends on the mountain later in the year??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘how many miles on the bike so far this year?’ is closed to new replies.