Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • how many eggs is it safe to eat each day?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve averaging 3 a day

will i die?

am i significantly reducing the population of horrible chickens?

will iDave love me?

i miss jamie

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes you’re going to die.

highclimber
    Free Member

They’re high in cholesterol I believe and that’s the only thing that’s likely to kill you if you are living a sedentary lifestyle.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    phil.w
    Free Member

will i die? yes, not egg related though
    am i significantly reducing the population of horrible chickens? no
    will iDave love me? like a proud dad

RealMan
    Free Member

I am a Clinical Dietary Supervisor currently researching a project for the CDC relating to egg consumption. My team is in the finalizing our findings in our journal, so I cannot go into many detail until its release, but what I can say is that 13.67% of eggs contain elements which could prove detrimental to your cardiovascular system, but your immune system has around a 95.31% chance to neutralize the “negative” elements.

So, for your example, if you were to eat 20, the odds you would eat one “negative” particle would be 0.045%. So based on my research, it is clearly not a severe risk to your cardiovascular health.

MSP

No you won’t die, but you will become a chicken.

rewski
    Free Member

I read recently that the cholesterol thing is b0ll0x, I’d be more worried about getting bunged up

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

1) Yes, at some point.
    2) More information is required. What sort of eggs are you eating? Eating Dinosaur eggs will have no impact on the chicken population in the immediate term.
    3) Will you stop posting pictures of bloody catz?

MSP

They’re high in cholesterol I believe and that’s the only thing that’s likely to kill you if you are living a sedentary lifestyle.

I seem to recall they also contain “emulsifiers” which negate the effect of the cholesterol.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about getting bunged up

that would lead nicely to my next thread ‘how many eccles cakes is it safe to eat each day 😛

MrsToast
    Free Member

portlyone

are we talking cadbury creme eggs? 🙂

molinifreeride
    Free Member

My parents average over 2 dozen a week between them and they are in their mid 70’s. Apart from my Dad spitting feathers when I tell him what I’ve been up to I can’t detect any problems. I average maybe one a week so nothing hereditary.

mudshark
    Free Member

I make my own eggs and usually have too many so eat them; sometimes have 6 in a meal or 20 over a week. I read somewhere that it doesn’t matter how many you eat so I’m happy with that….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

LAWL ^^^

camo16
    Free Member

I make my own eggs

😯

Wow. Seriously impressed, dude.

joao3v16
    Free Member

They’re high in cholesterol I believe and that’s the only thing that’s likely to kill you

Yes they are high in cholesterol, but hardly any saturated fat, which is the real culprit that sends cholesterol levels soaring.

As long as you eat eggs as part of a healthy, well-balanced diet and lifestyle, there is no limit to the number of eggs you can eat in a week.

binners

They’re not dog eggs are they? Can’t see that doing you much good

mudshark
    Free Member

I make my own eggs

Well OK, I have a chicken concentration camp at the bottom of my garden.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Geoff Capes used to eat 20 for breakfast. He was the man.

Look at the copycat below 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Diane
    Free Member

I make my own eggs and usually eat them

– Eeewwww 😯

Cougar

Well OK, I have a chicken concentration camp at the bottom of my garden.

That’s good, nothing worse than distracted chickens.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Geoff Capes used to eat 20 for breakfast. He was the man.

Yeah, but they were just little budgerigar eggs

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Just eat the egg white then as all the ‘C’ is in the yolk…. *yawns* god how boring would that be all the taste and runny stuff missing ewwwwwwwww

nickf
    Free Member

Happily eat a 5-egg ommlette on a Sunday morning. No butter, no bacon, maybe a little chorizo and some onion in there. And all from my 6 hens.

Marvellous.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mmmm i make scrambled eggs in the morning and mix in some reggae reggae sauce for ULTIMATE FLAVOUR.

scruff
    Free Member

How many pickled eggs can you eat ?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I eat two hard boiled eggs for breakfast I take to work with me and I get made to eat them in the kitchen due to the smell BUT they keep me feeling full till much later and have helped with the diet

Drac

Happily eat a 5-egg ommlette on a Sunday morning. No butter, no bacon, maybe a little chorizo and some onion in there. And all from my 6 hens

Your hens lay Chorizo?

hels
    Free Member

OK as long as you don’t fry them, surely ?

I am not convinced about the theory they bung you up. A friend of mine is allergic and anything with even a tiny bit of eggs rips straight through her.

Stoner
    Free Member

5-egg ommlette on a Sunday morning. … And all from my 6 hens.

And the one that’s not pulling it’s weight becomes the sunday roast next week. Good efficiency.

ransos
    Free Member

OK as long as you don’t fry them, surely ?

Yebbut virtually none of the oil stays on the egg.

I keep hens. I eat a lot of eggs. I’m still here.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve wondered this as I’m eating around 25 eggs a week!

philconsequence
    Free Member

well Mr Disco (mind if i call you Tricky?) i’m averaging around 21ish a week, mrsconsequence is worried about my diet… so i put on my thinking cap and thunked as hard as possible about who best to ask for sensible advice, STW as always 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

tricky or Mr disco is fine 😀

I had my mother on the phone the other week asking me to get a cholesterol test as she was worried about all the eggs i was eating and lack of dairy.

Where’s our glorious leader idave with his thoughts?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i hope mrsconsequence doesnt turn out to be your mother! although i must admit i’d be quite pleased with having a step-son called either tricky or disco.

trickydisco
    Free Member

http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/conditions/high-cholesterol.aspx

I’ve heard that eating too many eggs can raise your cholesterol – how many can I eat?

For most people there is currently no limit on the number of eggs that you can eat in a week. However, because the recommendation has changed over the years, it’s often a common source of confusion.

In the past a restriction on eggs was recommended because we thought that foods high in cholesterol (including liver, kidneys and shellfish, as well as eggs) could have an impact on cholesterol levels in the body.

However, as research in this area has developed, so has our understanding of how foods that contain cholesterol affect people’s heart health.

For most people, the amount of saturated fat they eat has much more of an impact on their cholesterol than eating foods that contain cholesterol, like eggs and shellfish. So unless you have been advised otherwise by your doctor or dietician, if you like eggs, they can be included as part of a balanced and varied diet.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I ate 12 a day for a couple of years in my meat-head days. I didn’t die. My tuna, banana and milk consumption may have diluted the eggs though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘how many eggs is it safe to eat each day?’ is closed to new replies.