Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How many Drunk drivers did you see this morning then?
  • bukobuko
    Free Member

I saw two drunken drivers on a nice fresh morning ride.

sarawak
    Free Member

Didn’t see any drivers on my morning ride. Loverly.

kimbers

white BMW as we were driving to my mum’s at lunchtime was all over the place, proper scary, he accelerated to 90 as soon as he hit the dual carriageway too

chakaping
    Free Member

There was a bit of a jam as I was leaving Rivington this morning and it was getting really busy, saw this angry, shaven-headed middle-aged bloke in a Range Rover (obvs) lose his rag and charge down past a line of waiting cars into oncoming traffic.

Looked more like he’d been on the bugle though. Felt sorry for his wife and kids.

firestarter
    Free Member

One presumably hit my car this morning outside my house , chunderthunt

scotroutes

None. I had my eyes closed.

Ambrose

None thankfully. My perception of things is that it is becoming less and less common thankfully, despite the reduced police presence.

I may be wrong, but I hope I’m not.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

At least three on my commute to work this morning, TBH I was more corncerned about the ar@ehole cab drivers in Brighton.

hodgynd
    Free Member

None ..as I picked my boy & his mate up from their night out in Haydon Bridge ..very quiet on the roads as we travelled back via Hexham for a Greggs breakfast .
    Last evening though was a different matter as I made my way back from Newcastle ..every nutter & his dog seemed to be driving erratically…

CountZero

None. But I haven’t been out of the house today either.

rene59
    Free Member

I was too busy texting to be concerned with what other drivers were up to.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

The roads were empty in belfast this morning. Hopefully its the same on my drive home in a few hours

Edukator
    Free Member

None, more surprisingly I didn’t see any drunks either last night or this morning on foot, on bikes or doing anything else. I’m neither a monk nor a hermit.

poah
    Free Member

only me

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

How on earth can you tell if drivers you saw today were drunk ???

Are you a breathalyser?

Get back behind your net curtains 😉

IdleJon

Unfortunately, sometimes it’s very obvious. One woman this morning driving for about five miles across Gower at two mph below the speed limit. All fine until she swerved off the road on a dead straight piece of moorland road. Possibly drunk, possibly checking her phone..

Flaperon

Been home 10 minutes and my neighbour reversed into my car, crushing the grill and front bumper.

Would have laughed had I not got it back from the body shop on Christmas Eve having had the front bumper replaced after I drove into a low concrete wall.

Genuinely a bit worried about what having two claims in quick succession is going to do to my insurance come renewal time.

redstripe
    Free Member

Pretty quiet leaving London driving back down the M3 today, wish it were like that more often.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Unless they were swigging a Special Brew whilst behind the wheel how do you know? There’s examples of terrible driving every day of the year at all hours of the day. Perhaps the driver of the red Astra on the A420 towards Oxford this evening was drunk. Perhaps he was just a tosser. We shall never know.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I think swerving from one side of the road to the other would be a big enough clue ..( it happens quite regularly here in the North Tyne Valley..nearest police station 20 miles away )

Mister-P
    Free Member

Could be on the phone / texting / tugging.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

More likely to be someone texting now tbh, see it regularly.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yeah I get that ..however one mile out of our village there is no mobile reception ..and a couldn’t give a **** attitude from the pissheads around here ..

IdleJon

Unless they were swigging a Special Brew whilst behind the wheel how do you know?

You don’t. But on the morning of NYD it’s a fair assumption that a car swerving down the road isn’t just a bad driver.

posiwev
    Free Member

TBH you don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, this afternoon there was a character in a Toyota driving very erratically – dring at 23 in a 40, breaking for no apparent reason (although to be fair there was some bollards), swerving over to the other side of the road and all windows covered in condensation – or maybe as was wrong ????

dannyh
    Free Member

None today, but see loads. Our offices are near a crappy modern pub/restaurant thing on a business park. Frequently on leaving work around five-ish, there are obviously pissed up drivers setting off into rush hour traffic. One nearly drove into me the other day and I just gestured to indicate “WTF are you doing?” They were all over the road and the passenger was virtually hanging out of the window to make sure I could see she was giving me the finger.

The thing is, they’re getting away with it as there are basically no coppers left any more, so they do it more and other people start doing it too.

andy8442
    Free Member

I don’t know if any were drunk, but there were plenty of Sunday drivers on the M1 south this morning. I hate the holidays for allowing all the Sunday drivers to get out all at once.The M62 the other day was typical winter M62 weather. Chucking it down, windy, misty. Hardly any trucks, but quite busy. Average speed of traffic?…30mph. Next Monday morning,same conditions,average speed? 75mph nose to tail.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We had the forethought to organise a lift home at noon today from last night’s party. I would def have been over the limit as I was on it till 3am. Only thing I’ve driven today is the van and that was to move it over on the drive to get the bin out. Just not worth it and I can’t for the life of me see why people still knowingly do it!

convert

I hate the holidays for allowing all the Sunday drivers to get out all at once

Agreed. We relocated from Lincolnshire to Hampshire between xmas dinner and the traditional xmas evening argument. It appears a 4 lane m25 is beyond comprehension for the gammon dribblers. Steadfastly sitting in lane 3 on an empty motorway. You are faced with a lane 1-4-1 overtake of just **** em a undertake in lane 1.

plop_pants
    Free Member

No drunk driving but I did see a very drunk passenger bent over throwing up by a car. Her lycra leggings had given up and had a huge split along the seam. Proper full moon!

johndoh
    Free Member

I had someone drive straight through a red light at me on NYD on a narrow bridge. He looked pretty worse for wear as he held his hand up with a pretty pathetic ‘sorry’. It was then we both realised we know each other as he’s another dad at my girls’ school. Not sure if I’ll mention it to him when I see him next or not.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How many Drunk drivers did you see this morning then?’ is closed to new replies.