Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • how many dinner reciepts is taking the piss?
  • alpin
    Free Member

totalling everything for the last uarter and i’ve got 9 recipets for meals out, most of them were with the GF, others with friends… none of them were remotely business related. total is over 740€…

that’s actually quite a lot of cash on meals out over three months, isn’t it?

nealglover
    Free Member

Taking the piss out of who ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume to pass of as business receipts from self employment.
    As it is all untrue all of it is taking the piss.
    Whether you want to and/or what you can get away with are your issues but it would all be untrue.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry. My mate lives off nandos and puts all his receipts in.

footflaps

Not for a business, I’ve spent more than that in one night on the company credit card…..

nealglover
    Free Member

Well if you are talking about being self employed and putting them in as Business Related Expenses.

Then none if it is an allowable expense anyway. (At least not in the UK they aren’t) so it’s irrelevant wether they really were business related or not.

grum
    Free Member

I think if it was catering for a business meeting or client meeting etc it is allowable isn’t it?

Going out for meals that aren’t business related and sticking them in anyway is definitely taking the piss though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

One of our guys was away for a NDT course and had no less than 4 curries in one day. Anyone else, you would expect them to be at the fiddle, but not this guy, he’s a right greed b’stard.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think if it was catering for a business meeting or client meeting etc it is allowable isn’t it?

No.

Not for self employed.

john_drummer
    Free Member

(At least not in the UK they aren’t)

I think the clue that it’s not UK is in the “740€”.

but still, OP, are you planning on submitting them as business expenses? as that would be unethical to say the least.
    I don’t even claim for beer when I’m away (unless it’s part of the evening meal), it comes out of my own pocket

grum
    Free Member

No.

Not for self employed.

No it seems you’re right – lucky I’ve not been claiming them anyway! It seems you can deduct expenses for a meal as part of an overnight stay though.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheets/expenses-allowances.pdf

nealglover
    Free Member

I think the clue that it’s not UK is in the “740€”

To be fair, the question being asked isn’t exactly clear. If it was actually a question at all.
    But as he hasn’t been back to explain I don’t really care either way I don’t suppose.

Although I would say that “expenses” while away on business, and “business expenses” are two different things.
    One is whatever the HMRC will allow to claim, and the other is whatever the company you work for allows you to claim.

Rarely the same.

Nick

I’m confused, is this one of those “look at me, look at how much money I can afford to blow on stuff” posts or not?

alpin
    Free Member

haha… ^^

i was more surprised (and a little alarmed) at how much i had spent on meals out.

yes, self-employed. some of them may have been half work related; meals with work mates after a job.

the GF’s old man is rather brazen with what he puts through as business expenses and some friends have put through 300€ Oakleys, holiday flights to the U.S. and a 60″ flat screen. none of them have been pulled up on it so far so i’m not dissuaded. i pay enough tax into a system that i’m not eligible to partake in (no state health care, no security net if things go tits up)…. so ist das halt.

nealglover
    Free Member

A is it UK HMRC then or not ?

yunki
    Free Member

4..?
    67..?
    19..?
    I don’t know.. What’s the answer?

is it 25..?

toby1

Aplin is in Germany, please keep up 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

Meals with workmates after a job unless it’s away from home must surely ne the same as going to the pub?

nealglover
    Free Member

Aplin is in Germany,

Entertaining Clients is 70% deductable then as far as I remember.

(Meals with workmates and a night out with your other half is 0% obviously)

It’s needs to be relevant to your business though, and if you get checked you’re stuffed.

I wouldn’t put any of it through personally, the risk isn’t worth it for the small gain.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘how many dinner reciepts is taking the piss?’ is closed to new replies.