Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • How many cats – and names?
  • trailhound101

Well ‘how many….’ seems to be post du jour, so here goes:
    – Zee (as in ZZ-top)
    – Spatz
    – Mr Angus “Gussy” Bags
    – Eduard “Woody” Schevednaze
    – “Robbie”
    – Her Royal Highness Princess Margaret “Moo-moo”

stevied
    Free Member

None but all the cats around here are called “stop sh*tting on my lawn you maingy b*stard”..

timc
    Free Member

none but the neighbours visits several times a day 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Chole and Fudge.

Chole was Fudge’s Mum, but they hated each other – both dead now, thank God.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

2 here.

Mickey and Millie. Don’t know why, that’s what they were called when we got them and they answer to their names.

Usually referred to as ‘Bloody Cats’.

They do there business in our own garden too, which is just lazy.

mintimperial

Tilly (Family cat, died when I was away at university and my parents didn’t even tell me.)
    Bailey (Family cat, adopted by me when my parents started neglecting him and then treacherously outed themselves as heartless, evil dog people, which explains a lot.)
    Steve and Deeley (Sisters, Steve was a runt and a complete nutter, she went missing aged 3. Deeley was the best cat ever but she was run over last summer and I’m still really sad about it 🙁 .)
    Marsha (Still with us, lovely but a bit stupid.)
    Emma (Adopted but didn’t get on with Marsha at all, and had to be rehomed.)

Also numerous foster kittens and their mums.

martinhutch

Tolly (Short for Tolstoy)
    Tally (Short for Natalya)

Both Russian Blues. Little gits.

shadowfax

There is no honour in cats.

dustytrails

None but all the cats around here are called “stop sh*tting on my lawn you maingy b*stard”..

Indeed…here too!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

One called Frank didn’t want him but didn’t get a choice he moved in as a kitten just walked in the patio door no one claimed him after months of posters saying “is this your cat?” that was ten years ago. Wouldn’t be without the moggy now.

Cost thousands as well in food and vets bills over the years and yet I regret none of it.

rhid

Claude, Ginny, Dexter and Ed.

5thElefant
    Free Member

One called Cat. In my defense it just turned up one day, so I have no idea what it’s name is.

My brother has one called Catty. He doesn’t have an excuse.

montgomery
    Free Member

I took in two cats when I lived in China. I inherited the first, XiaoP (‘Little Pete’), who’d gone half feral after being locked in a basement for months. The second was a kitten wandering round the area where we lived (Bobo, a contraction roughly meaning ‘Little Persian’). I really miss my two little guys, but they’re well looked after and a lot luckier than most Chinese cats.

binners

Che Guevara
    Nelson Mandella
    Bobby Charlton.

Bobby has basically moved in with someone else down the road, so has become an occasional visitor. The mercenary little sod.

And this morning either Che or Nelson have upped their game by replacing the usual mouse or vole gift, left at the back door, with a big fat hamster. 😯

I kid you not. Where the hell have they got a hamster from? I suspect there may be repercussions to this!

mindmap3
    Free Member

There is one in our house that belongs to my other half – personally, I hate the thing.

It is called Harry and did have a brother called Lloyd but he met an untimely end on a road. I didn’t mind him too much, but the one we’re left with is massively annoying…very aloof, whinges a lot and is generally a pain.

stevied
    Free Member

Bobby has basically moved in with someone else down the road, so has become an occasional visitor. The mercenary little sod.

And this morning either Che or Nelson have upped their game by replacing the usual mouse or vole gift, left at the back door, with a big fat hamster.

I kid you not. Where the hell have they got a hamster from? I suspect there may be repercussions to this!

Bobby’s new owners have lost a hamster?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Another one called Cat, short for little bastard.

DaRC_L

Pussy aka Fatso, “the effing cat has peed again” and “when is she going to die”
    Socks was her daughter, mad as anything but died a couple of years ago (weak heart) I still miss her but I suspect the local fauna is very thankful

This is a warning of what happens when you let toddlers name pets, two words you can’t allow your kids to google without parental controls 😯

rickmeister

We have a fleet of cats, three indoors ones who are now ex-pat-cats after moving from Edinburgh to Germany.
    Ben, Ginger and AKA Nutter
    Eddie, Ex stray, just walked in and despite us castrating him, has stayed for the last 6 years.
    Tigger, Inherited from the B&B next door

Plus, two living in our garage
    Kitten, because it is a kitten
    Mum-cat, because its kittens mum

Then there are the two from next door…. and across the road there are another 5 …

z1ppy

Whiskey – don’t remember how he died (old age hopefully)
    Blacky – got locked in a barn and ate rat poision
    Jack – old age/kidney failure
    Prawn – stroke
    Alice – old age/kidney failure
    Taz – 14+ and currently pee-ing on the bathroom carpet regularly..
    Pisci (pronounced pesky)- youngest and most pesky! She raids all the locals bbq’s the morning after & come back with black feet and lumps of meat or eats anything left out for the birds!

beagle
    Free Member

Follow Bob Mortimer on Twitter – he often has cats names for sale. £8 usually. Sargent Walnuts being my favourite.

Eg:

New cat names unexpectedly available : Perry Similar : Kenny Carpets, Pat and Ron **** (can’t split), Tracy Everywhere : £8:00 each

bookwyse
    Free Member

Five cats at the moment

Pippin – Bloody huge Maine Coon

Merry – Another Maine Coon and Pippin’s sister. A little toe rag who follows me around the house chirping at me. Also known to pinch tools if Im working on a bike

Arwen – Brown rosetted Bengal

Marble – Snow Marbled Bengal

Merlin – Snow Rosetted Bengal, all of the others hate him as he is a little bastard, attackes everything including the missus and kids at times but loves curling up next to me on the sofa for a cuddle.

highlandman
    Free Member

Two-
    Muscat, small grey girl, ex-feral; cute but always afraid.
    MacGregor, 9kg of male ginger attitude. Often referred to as the ginger minger. Bullies the wee one and eats pheasants & hares for fun.

stevedoc
    Free Member

One , moon caine called Loki ( nicknamed Loki cokey) normally gets called Cokehead even when calling him home ,neighbours love him too

daver27
    Free Member

I’ve got a Loki too, before Loki became a movie character.

Also got a Sprocket, he’s more expensive than any bike i’ve ever owned, by a factor of 10. must have no more than 2 lives left. run over, fell off a roof, blocked gut, shot in the head etc etc. he’s either stupid or hard as nails. not sure which.

loddrik
    Free Member

Vega – chocolate tortie siamese

Chilli – lilac tortie Balinese

Stampy – bluepoint siamese

Squid – sealpoint siamese

somouk
    Free Member

We have 3, two came with the other half and one we took in last xmas from the snow. Edward, Hollie and Peter.

tonyg2003

Smudge tabby British shorthair (aka stupid). Like to get herself into draws/cupboards and often takes a few hours to find her. Completely chilled – happily stares down our 4month old psycho patterdale terrier and sleeps with our border terrier.

Domino silver spotted British shorthair. A bit scaredy and spends most of her time next door on sofa of 75yr old neighbour.

sparkyrhino

1 called Derek, Degsy,Del,Dirk depends what he’s up too.friends daughter calls him Derek Dong(a chinese classmate)apparantly 😯

pickle
    Free Member

2 here. 1 Chocolate and 1 Blue Burmese

Tilly and Mave

andytherocketeer

a tortoiseshell called Pickle *

*I didn’t choose that name, but it was brown and brown and brown and another shade of brown

wallop

Two. Archie:

and Bella:

Brother & sister, found as kittens abandoned by the side of a river near Bath. They cannot stand each other 😆

edhornby

Just one named Smokey, he came from the cats home and had grey fur with brown swirls that looked like smoke, but they grew out so now it just as though Mrs Ed couldn’t think of anything original 🙂 he has decided he likes me as he’s generally a blokes cat, when he goes there won’t be any more in the house because there can only be one

chestrockwell

One, that came as a team with my Wife. He’s called Figaro.

mamadirt
    Free Member

You know how I somehow always manage to win the ‘how many bikes?’ threads? Well, my lil’ sis’ is pretty much the same . . . only with cats 😆

Hold on, I’ll ask her . . .

35 . . . at the mo’ 😯

Bruce, Lucy, April, Gwennap, Megan, Hazel, Jack, Susie, Nookie, Sammy, Gromit, Stanley, Arthur, Wobbly, Pedro, Bonita, Charlotte, Camilla, Cherry, Smokey, Misty, Maisie, William, George, Tiffany, Felix, Freddie, Bobbie, Honey, Olive . . .

jag61

2 originally now 2.5 or 1.5?
    Samson big black n white lad only seen now when his other owners go on holiday His sister Delilah very cuddly stay at home cat and recently Pat(the cat) completely black… fur and heart!! bullies/ambushes delilah ,kill lots but eats most of it scared of her own shadow needs to be rehomed soon. never wanted any but S & D are ace.

mamadirt
    Free Member

. . . Thomas, Alfie, Pumpkin, Bridget and Precious . . . phew! Don’t ask me for pics 😆

Oh, and I have just one cat . . . Catty Jacques, aka Hattie

jerrys
    Free Member

My last two were Alto and Stratus (‘cos they were grey).

ski
    Free Member

Merlin and Megan both domestic, but we have a new wild feral that is taking ownership to our garden, we have named him Tigger, a huge long haired spotted tabby that only comes near when he is hungry a real bruiser of a cat!

TexWade
    Free Member

Six at the last count – last two were acquired despite my words “over my dead body”.

Names

Pip
    Peg
    Nell
    Nancy
    Bob
    Betsy

What’s the connection with the names ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘How many cats – and names?’ is closed to new replies.