• This topic has 111 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • How many bikes do you have… …that are able to be ridden RIGHT now?!
  • Milkie
    Free Member

1 Bike… Waiting for new chain, So 0 bikes! 😥

sor
    Free Member

All three bikes able to be ridden, but I’m not able to ride them (post-op recovery now and another op lined up for two weeks time. Should be back on the bikes around the start of June!).

firestarter
    Free Member

6 out of 6 and a unicycle too 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

6 out of 6 here at the minute.

ahwiles
    Free Member

5 out of 8… (unless frames count?)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Singlespeed
    BMX
    Road bike
    Tourer

Fixie/SS – needs a SFN and top cap (unridable)

456 – needs a rear spoke fitting and the tyres swaping from 2.5 supertackies to something more XC (rideable though)

‘chopper’ – define rideable, it’s an aquired handling taste

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

1 1/2 out of 2

1 mountain bike and 1 road bike (road bike works on the turbo trainer but not used on the road in a couple of years)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

2 out of 3 for me, the one that doesn’t is my old 90’s mtb being kept for no reason apart from memories 😉 no intention of getting it running anytime soon. One day though I will.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

7 out of 7 (assuming I’m brave / daft enough to ride the hybrid with a turbo specific tyre on the rear)

Stainypants

I think I’m 1 out of 4. Plan to get the other 3 fully working in the next few weeks.

(edit 0 out of 4 as I need to fix a spoke on the rigid inbred damm)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

between me and the wife – 11 (2 share a pair of wheels though)

Shred
    Free Member

3 out of 3 as the TallBoy just got built up again to join the Scandal SS and Road bike.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

4 out of 4

Road bike
    CX bike
    Hardtail
    BMX

But to be fair, the first 2 are the only ones that get used at the moment.

BadlyWiredDog

All of ’em, though my Chorus 11 RH shifter has been temporarily repaired with a rubber band after the spring in the paddle broke, seems to shift better that way…

rickmeister

One needs a wheel refitting from a bearing problem,
    One needs a new seatpost
    One needs building up as its a frame only right now..

So thats 0 out of 3 😯

portlyone

2 from 3. I could ride the third but it has no front brake, so I wouldn’t want to ride it anywhere fun.

LittleTones
    Free Member

Two out of three bikes in working order. The commuter is sitting in a pit of indecision, as I don’t know quite what to do with it. I might buy a cheap road bike to replace it. The biggest issue is me, I had shingles at the end of February and am still waiting to fully recover That combined with my lardiness due to lack of exercise and old age doesn’t help.

singletrackmind

4 out of 5
    SS needs the new headset putting in it that has been sitting in its box since before chrimbo
    All others jump on and go

emac65
    Free Member

6/9,although 2 of them are on loan from a mate.So if it’s just mine it’s 4/7….

stumpy01

2/2 for me.

Perhaps 3/3 if I wanted to nick the other halfs Myka Sport, which is very nice to ride.

aracer
    Free Member

If topping tyres up is allowed (my TT bike has latex tubes so always needs its tyres topping before riding – right now they’re completely flat having not been ridden in months), and presumably also jobs which take less time like putting a QR front wheel back on or removing from the turbo, then 8 or 9/11. I’m not quite sure if the CX bike has wheels with tyres on. A couple of old mountain bikes in bits awaiting me being made redundant to find time to put them back together (I’m actually kind of looking forward to the idea!)

Though I see some are counting bikes in their garage which they don’t ride, in which case 12 or 13/16.

warpcow
    Free Member

3ish out of 4 (my HT is tyreless just now, but they’re in the cupboard so it could be ready to ride in 10mins).

nickf
    Free Member

Includes wife/kids bikes

Endorfin OK
    Nicolai needs forks
    Patriot OK
    Kona DH x 3 OK
    Norco DH OK
    456 x 4 all OK
    Turner x 2 OK
    Dahon OK
    Giant OK
    Klein bit wobbly in places but rideable
    Specialized OK
    Scott OK

16 3/4 out of 18 is OK, I think

Not all the 16 3/4 get ridden much, and 6 of them are out in France anyway.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Household bikes, 5/5 ready to roll 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Of my nine all except one are rideable now, although a couple would benefit from a bit more air in the tyres, and one of them isn’t shifting cleanly between the front rings.

All other other bikes in the garage (2 for SWMBO and one each for my kids) are also useable currently.

nomis
    Free Member

1 out of 5 8)

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

2 out of 2
    Also have frame+wheels+forks+couple of other bits, but that hasn’t ever been fully built up so it doesn’t count 😛

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

2/4

mtb and road are fine

SS needs a new rear brake, CX is strapped to the garage ceiling.

SS and CX are also in a different country.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

5 out of 7

swisstony
    Free Member

6 out of 6 for me, just in from the garage after tweaking the yeti ready for tonight

Sonor
    Free Member

1 out of 3.

One is waiting for a new wheel to turn up and the other has a rear hub that’s almost knackered, a shock to be serviced and headset bearings to be replaced.

lunge

2 out of 2, although the gears need a tweak on the P7. The unicycle is useable though!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

2.9 out of 3 for me. MTB, Road and Pub are all fine but the MTB needs some tinkering, hence missing 0.1.

oxym0r0n

4 out of 4ish

SS – tip top
    FS – tip top
    Commuter SS – tip top
    Road – just needs a rear puncture fixing tonight/new tyres!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

1 out of 1 here . 8)

SaxonRider

2/2 and I love them both,

crispybacon
    Free Member

3 – two are mine & one is the wife’s

mboy
    Free Member

Of my 5, one has been split to sell off as parts, and my BMX just needs the pedals putting on and some air in the tyres, less than 5 mins work easily.

So realistically, 4/4 (not counting the one I’m selling), which is pretty much just about the first time ever for me! Downsizing the MTB collection has helped drastically with this percentage for definite though…

khani
    Free Member

Eight out of ten in total, four out of five for me
    One GT hardtail with a flat, one onza trial bike lurking in the garage that’s looking very sorry for itself with two flat Tyres and leaky hs33’s, I’ll sort it one day 😳

Andy-R

Four out of four (except one is in Greece and I’m not 🙁 )

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes do you have… …that are able to be ridden RIGHT now?!’ is closed to new replies.