Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How many bikes can I fit in this van?
  • captaindanger

Am hoping 6, possibly with wheels and pedals off, what do you think?

Crew Van

Length:2.13m (7? 0?)
    Width:1.78m (5? 10?)
    Height:1.62m (5? 4?)

Thanks!

scud
    Free Member

I have managed to fit 7 in a Citreon Berling before (wheels and pedals off, stem loosened and seatpost dropped and then alternated across the van, so you would fit 6 in there easy.

skiprat
    Free Member

Should manage that quite easily. We did 5 in a Transit connect once, 4 were full bikes and the last had the wheels out. If they all had wheels off there’d of been loads more room. We also had a few bags of kit in there and sleeping bags too.

Duffer
    Free Member

We use them at work. If you’re creative and interlock them, you can get 12 in (admittedly, you have to dismantle them).

We normally take 7 people, 7 (complete) bikes and enough kit for everyone, and it all fits just fine. Take along something to separate them with, otherwise they’ll all get scratched up.

captaindanger

Thanks duffer, that’s definitely the same size van? There are bigger long wheelbase ones

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I have a medium wheelbase, medium roof Transit Crewcab and it easily takes 6 bikes in the back, top to tail with nohing removed.

A SWB would need the front wheels off or some creative arrangement inside.

The photo doesn’t match the description, pic is a LWB high roof but the description at a guess is a mwb low roof.

Weight can be more of an issue, 6 big lads plus bikes plus kit plus full tank of fuel and your close to VOSA having a fit in a 280.

Duffer
    Free Member

Having had a second look at the pictures, ours are slightly different; they have 9 seats in the front, and an internal bulkhead to separate the loadspace. I’ve tried to google some pictures to illustrate, but there’s millions of different variants. Perhaps ours are LWB versions?

Either way, i think you’ll be ok.

Dangerous Beans – I tend to load the bikes in widthways on their back wheels, with the front wheel up against the walls. Like this, but much less tidy and with the front wheels still attached:

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Most of the time there are 4 of us plus camping gear and assorted outdoorsy stuff which we store down the middle.

Here’s a pic with 4 bikes in:

captaindanger

Thanks chaps, I’ll try to go there and put my bike in to see whether it fits lengthways

doug_basqueMTB.com

We use a traffic, LWB with 9 seats. With the rear seats removed we fit 7 bikes without anything removed. In that it should be easy. We also have a 350 Movano which takes 9 people and 9 bikes with nothing removed.

captaindanger

Ok, how about this one, which is cheaper!

Transit Custom Crew Van 6x seater

Length: 1530mm
    Width: 1720mm
    Height: 1400mm
    Width b/w Wheels: 1340mm

philfive
    Free Member

I have a partner crew cab. 5 seats in total and with wheels off and being creative you can get 5 bikes plus kit in. The seats all split so you can get 3 bikes with just front wheels off and 3 people easy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes can I fit in this van?’ is closed to new replies.