Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How low can you go?
  • imnotverygood

http://road.cc/content/news/186251-hit-and-run-victims-family-calls-tougher-sentencing

The driver concerned has now started a petition on change.org calling for cycle helmets to be made compulsory. Just speechless.

Cougar

“What Sutton did after the incident – she left him in the road to die – that is what has destroyed us the most.

That’s the crux of it for me. Everyone makes mistakes and shouldn’t have thier lives thrown away for it, but to sod off after something which may be a fatal accident goes beyond “oops.”

maccruiskeen

to sod off after something which may be a fatal accident goes beyond “oops.”

My GFs cousin is currently in intensive care after a hit and run (in London where its bewilderingly common). I think often the circumstances are the driver is over the limit or uninsured / unlicensed and because they always drive with the fear of being caught when something bad happens theres a gut instinct to flee.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

POssibly but sometimes you have to let concern for other overcome your concern for self

i think this point is someway before you leave them , potentially, dying in the road.

imnotverygood

Yeah, but then trying to start a petition which implies it was all the cyclist’s fault for not wearing a helmet is pretty much icing on the cake.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yeah, but then trying to start a petition which implies it was all the cyclist’s fault for not wearing a helmet is pretty much icing on the cake.

Unnfortunately, I can’t believe that she has started that. She may be that stupid, but her legal team would never let it stay up there for the 3 months that it had (unless she contracted them from the daytime TV advertsd).

brooess
    Free Member

The petition has been shut – and had hardly any signatories, which suggests very few people supported it…

Thank goodness!

singletrackmind

Victim blaming at its absolute worst.
    She got into her car having consumed enough alcohol to put her over the legal drink drive limit. She hit and killed a cyclist and drove off .

Then she starts a campaign to try to make helmet wearing mmandatory!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How low can you go?’ is closed to new replies.