Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How long would this 3d animated you tube video have taken to make???
  • DrP

So like any good parent, we techno-cosh the kids with iPads whilst live the life of debauchery….

My daughter was watching this video (well, we were watching it together) and it simply weirded me out.
    But then I thought – “how long did this crap take to make, simply to upload it’s weirdness to youtube”!!

I mean, there’s labours of love, and then there’s this…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAs2Bn5jg6U[/video]

I can’t help thinking it’s more than a 5 monute job – what a waste of someone’s life!!

I’ve really no idea – is it hard to create a 3d animated video??!!

DrP

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Answer it depends… some of that could easily come from a boiler plate type setup where you tell people where to go and the animation comes from a library etc.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and as I was doing something else it reminded me about this question
    [video]https://youtu.be/lj7Mr3aC3SM[/video]
    From the tool I work with for simulation, they have added a load of new stuff from animation libraries
    https://www.mixamo.com/#/

With a tool for doing that style of stuff should be fairly simple, then just mix and match your sections and churn them out – is the you tube monitised? If so kids hitting play again or leaving them running on a loop will just be adding up the revenue.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What they said. Automated so mot lomg. Probably use something like this: Evertoon: 3D Movies & Avatars by Evertoon, Inc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/evertoon-3d-movies-avatars/id1018478673?mt=8

But … 34 million views? (Another similar one on the same channel currently at 84 million) 😯

bodgy
    Free Member

It’s a shame you can’t un-see stuff, right?

bob_summers

Little Johnny there reminds me of one of my students, who I’m sure eats a jar of sugar before coming to class.

Some of those vids (with similar view counts) are just GTA V in free play mode, with the protagonist in a Spidey (etc) costume.

bensales
    Free Member

Some of those vids (with similar view counts) are just GTA V in free play mode, with the protagonist in a Spidey (etc) costume.

Indeed. We got caught out by that. 3 yr old was watching the first type of Youtube video on the telly and wife was in the kitchen. Could hear the music fine (once heard, can never be unheard) and assumed all fine. Then 3yr old comes in crying. Turned out it had auto-played onto another on which the animation was really not 3 yr old appropriate but the same music.

Lesson learnt, and Youtube now banned.

dooosuk
    Free Member

But … 34 million views? (Another similar one on the same channel currently at 84 million)

This…I’ve no idea how much YouTube pays but I’m sure with that amount of hits they’re making money.

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon that’s some 6 year old kid who’s parent has helped them put something together using some kind of animation studio with pre-made scenes and avatars. It’s exactly the kind of thing my 6yo would do.

darrell
    Free Member

oh G##

my little one used to occasionally stumble on all this cr4p on yourtube when he was about 2 – I quickly put him back onto the Shaun sheep vids

awful

mostly made in India I believe

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lesson learnt, and Youtube now banned.

You probably know already, but there’s a YT Kids app which has safer videos. We got caught out in a similar fashion.

dooosuk
    Free Member

but there’s a YT Kids app which has safer videos

But still equally as crap. They’ll be forever watching other people open toys and then asking if they can have one…..or drawing, breaking or misusing toys in another manner which they then replicate.

theotherjonv

I found that strangely compelling, including having to watch verse 2 to see if it was any different (it isn’t)

jimdubleyou

Holy Crap that is utter bobbins.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Re the OP vid – try reading the comments 😆

The only one I could fathom was

ytf is my kid watching this?

jimjam
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I reckon that’s some 6 year old kid who’s parent has helped them put something together using some kind of animation studio with pre-made scenes and avatars. It’s exactly the kind of thing my 6yo would do.

A six year old who carefully chooses royalty free music, ensures that he adds toddler clickbait characters, features adult actors and who churns them out with production line dedication and consistency?

Conservative estimate for that channel’s revenue would be $400,000.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Looks like a decent return for low production budget, as long as Disney and Marvel are happy for them to use their characters. There is gold in them their hills, like feeding taking candy from a baby…

jimjam
    Free Member

Malvern Rider

Looks like a decent return for low production budget,

The videos mightn’t cost a lot but there’s probably a lot of time and effort gone into making that many of them. There’s probably something else going on there that’s not obvious. Some corner of reddit or instagram or a big forum where these videos must have gotten an initial push, or still are. Youtube won’t just suggest these without them being popular. It’s probably someone’s full time job or at least fairly time consuming hobby.

as long as Disney and Marvel are happy for them to use their characters.

I doubt they are happy at all but there’s so many of them out there I don’t know if they could do anything about it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Youtube won’t just suggest these without them being popular. It’s probably someone’s full time job or at least fairly time consuming hobby.

Likes, plays and all that are an easily traded thing, mate wrote a script that loaded a video from different ip’s very easily

jimjam
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Youtube won’t just suggest these without them being popular.

Likes, plays and all that are an easily traded thing[/quote]

I wonder at what point does Youtube’s algorithm acknowledge all the bot views and decide that it’s interesting enough to suggest to actual human viewers 😕

northernmatt

If you think that is weird have a look at Cool 3D World

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How long would this 3d animated you tube video have taken to make???’ is closed to new replies.