• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How long to give an ebay shop to sort out a warranty?
  • Kit
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to return a camera lens to an ebay shop to be repaired/replaced under warranty. I bought it only a couple of months ago and it was a dud (in my opinion) out of the box.

It took them a week to reply to my initial email, saying that they were speaking to the manufacturer, and then they asked me for images to send of the problem. I did that 10 days ago, followed up yesterday with a “please confirm receipt of email” but heard nowt in that time.

At what point do I go to ebay/Paypal for a refund? Can I?! Give them another week?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I tend to go down that route early doors. Tends to resolve the matter a lot quicker than more traditional means.

Cougar

SoGA states that they should rectify the problem “in a reasonable time” or refund you (though they don’t have to offer a 100% refund, they can take into account how long you’ve had use of it).

Like so many of these things, “reasonable” isn’t well defined. I’d hazard though that making you wait three weeks before accepting the goods back is unreasonable.

If you want it fixing, you may have better luck dealing directly with the manufacturer; though legally, it’s the seller’s responsibility. They have to make things right with you, any wranglings between the seller and the manufacturer is their problem.

TBH though, I think if it were me I’d be firmly in the position of “I want nothing more to do with this shower” and pushing for my money back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thehustler
    Free Member

SoGA states that they should rectify the problem “in a reasonable time” or refund you (though they don’t have to offer a 100% refund, they can take into account how long you’ve had use of it).

Like so many of these things, “reasonable” isn’t well defined. I’d hazard though that making you wait three weeks before accepting the goods back is unreasonable.

If you want it fixing, you may have better luck dealing directly with the manufacturer; though legally, it’s the seller’s responsibility. They have to make things right with you, any wranglings between the seller and the manufacturer is their problem.

TBH though, I think if it were me I’d be firmly in the position of “I want nothing more to do with this shower” and pushing for my money back.

All of the above is correct…………………………………..provided the ebay shop is hosted in the UK, anywhere else and you really need to go down the ebay/paypal resolution route

stumpy01

If they haven’t got in touch in 10 days and haven’t replied to your ‘helllooooo……anybody out there?’, follow up e-mail I’d be getting in touch with ebay & sorting it through their channels.

Kit
    Free Member

Thanks, anyone got a link handy for getting in touch with ebay?

I’ll give the seller another couple of days and then go from there.

Kit
    Free Member

Well **** me, what a pain in the backside that was. Today I finally got my money back. It took a month for the seller to agree to a refund, and it’s taken nearly another month (and a Paypal dispute) for them to give me my refund since I sent the lens back. Bunch of ****.

Avoid dslr-gear-uk on eBay and Amazon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How long to give an ebay shop to sort out a warranty?’ is closed to new replies.