Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • How long should it take to drink a pint?
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

How long should it take to drink a pint of a typical lager/cider (not gin or anything stupid) if you were being ‘responsible’?

Kevevs
    Free Member

About the same time it takes to drink a pint of merlot. or are you a 17 yr old or a bored 50 yr old troll. Trolls are the best 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Twice as long as it takes to drink 1/2 a pint?

🙄

Kevevs
    Free Member

Can’t wait to see this turning into a mahoosove thread while middle class types try to determine what is “lager”, what is “cider” ans what exactly is the meaning of “responsibility” Richatd burton was a drunk intelligent, very intelligent man, pushed himself out of the valleys into superstardom. Loved a bit more than responsible. It’s all about control, and strangely! Everyone is different.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3 minutes to an hour roughly, responsibility is more to do with what you do before or after

cloudnine
    Free Member

Piece of string..

trout
    Free Member

About this long

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Can’t wait to see this turning into a mahoosove thread while middle class types try to determine what is “lager”, what is “cider” ans what exactly is the meaning of “responsibility”

😆

The great thing with largely pointless questions is that they have no right answer and therefore lots of people want to have their say. Troll or not, I reckon this thread has legs. Good work OP

jekkyl

Are you in the pub being social or are you at home with a movie? If you’re in the pub are you: just out for a couple / having lunch out with your parents / just starting a bender that will finish in the am? There are too many variables.

Eyepic
    Free Member

What shoes are you wearing?

More importantly….

How attractive is the person you are chatting up (before you started drinking)

bokonon
    Free Member

At the start of the month, as quick as you like, at the end of the month as long as it takes.

NZCol

First two are turbo rounds and don’t count. After that half an hour for a social pace ? Even slower. Sadly for good beer I have no control and Hoover like I am lost in the Sahara !!

piemonster

Has this beer been ‘craft’ brewed. I don’t drink any of that other worthless filth.

piemonster

Hmm, I have a 12hr plus ferry ride tonight. I’ll buy the most expensive beer they have and get back to you with a scientific evaluation of floating beer pint consumption time FACT.

orangeboy
    Free Member

You all missed the point

What wheel size for drinking pints

yunki
    Free Member

Somewhere between 30 seconds and 15 minutes I reckon.. Outside of those parameters there’s a lot of unnecessary risk involved IME

gordimhor

Time taken taken to drink pint ot ttdp=cost x viscosity÷ square root of sobriety .
    * where 10 is sober and 1 is unconscious

brakes
    Free Member

first one 20 minutes
    the rest 30-40 minutes

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

About 3.49 seconds for a pint of guiness

crazy-legs

If it’s someone else’s round, you need to finish your pint fractionally before that person.
    If it’s your round then you “do a Hora” and make that one last as long as possible…

😉

Length of time is irrelevant, its the actual timing.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Quick enough to prevent the lacing from caking.

Slow enough not to look like a desperate p!ss ant

DezB
    Free Member

Same time as it takes you to get ready for work in the morning.
    I can usually fit a couple in before I leave.

BoardinBob

First pint of Mutzig at Bar Robinson after 8 hours on the bike = 60 seconds

djglover
    Free Member

Liquid lunch: 1st one 10 mins, 2nd one 20 mins, 3rd one 25 mins

_tom_
    Free Member

5 minutes maybe? I don’t like nursing a pint for ages, it goes all warm and horrible.

grum
    Free Member

Depends how fast I’m driving.

Coyote
    Free Member

About 650 seconds. I find I connect with the beer more.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I can do a 5 for Guinness 🙂

Can’t recommend it though, especially not more than one like that!

_tom_
    Free Member

Does it make the palate come alive?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Between 4 seconds and 90 minutes. Depends on mood, time of the evening and whether someones holding a stopwatch.

D0NK

first pint <10 minutes, the first pint after a ride 2 minutes might be stretching it.
    Last pint may take an hour to drink.

Inversely my mate speeds up, first pint takes him ages to finish and he just gets quicker and quicker, buying rounds doesn’t really work.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

1-3 pints per hour I reckon. Recommended consumption though is what, 2 per day? I’d realistically go 2-4 per visit nowadays though. I don’t have anywhere near the tolerance I used to and don’t drink to get drunk.

Back when I was a student or backpacking, and smoked, it was 3-4 ph for many hours, 40 fags if overnight clubbing, and having to go for a bloody piss every half an hour after the first hour.

khani
    Free Member

1st Post ride pint = 3 minutes 17 seconds
    1st Friday night pint = 5 minutes 32 seconds
    Midweek in front of telly pint = 45 minutes 57 seconds
    Saturday night last orders pint = as long as it takes the bouncers to pry it out of your fingers…

johnellison
    Free Member

Is that 650b seconds? Or 27.5 inch seconds?

snax

Back in my “Boat Racing” days I would say <3 seconds per pint, now anywhere up to an hour depending how much I’m gassing, how thirsty I am, the quality of the beer on offer and if its someone else’s round…

mightymule
    Free Member

It generally takes me at least a couple of hours to get through a pint of gin.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

As long as it takes you to enjoy it.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘How long should it take to drink a pint?’ is closed to new replies.