Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How long off the bike post vasectomy?
  • dantsw13

I’m sitting on the sofa at home having just returned from having the snip. Assuming no infection, how long have people stayed off the bike?

eskay

I think i was commuting after 2 weeks.

rickt
    Free Member

In what term are you using “bike” ???? 😀 😀 😀

dantsw13

I’m married, and yesterday was my birthday, so THAT isn’t an issue until Xmas at least!!

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Probably about three weeks, but you’ll have to fly solo fairly soon to make sure all the little buggers are out. Enjoy the dry humping of frozen peas, californication is a good watch to sympathize with while your initially recovering.

stu1972
    Free Member

7 months after the Doctor stabbed my right nut whilst trying to hook the vas tube.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

rode my brompton home – railway station – work – railway station – home the very next day with no issues

Really depends on you and how you feel (or not)

Stu1972 😯

Lesanita2
    Free Member

2 weeks was the advice I was given. Best not to risk direct pressure from the saddle on wound(s). Did a 6 mile fell race after 6 days, just to prove I could…. and I did. I was a bit steady downhill and was needing some extra support from my right hand at one point.

paul4stones

I happened to have skinned my knuckle the day before mine and used that as an indication of how healed I was. When it was skinned over, probably just over a week, then I considered it fine to run/cycle etc.

messiah
    Free Member

MacAvalanche two weeks after mine 😐

ironbrucove

10 days with out a prob

goot
    Free Member

Once splIt my sac at shining cliff woods, both balls out like tea

bags on strings, tucked em back in and limped to mates car. Lots of stitches and 3 weeks later was back riding. Just do it.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I was exactly a week after mine. Everyone was seeing how much I was wincing. No problem though as long as you don’t nip em against the seat.

Nobby

8 days from snip to mtbing – just spend the first few days in the tightest pants you can suffer.

tomaso
    Free Member

Next day popped into town on the push bike and highlighted the importance of snug supportive undercrackers 😳

Trial mtb ride a week later with 2 pairs of cycle shorts keeping things in check gave me the confidence to do the Coed Y Brenin enduro 3 days later. Sharp blow to the nuts on a step section due to people in front stopping brought a tear to my eye.

They don’t appreciate being jiggled so keep’m snug.

tomaso
    Free Member

Next day popped into town on the push bike and highlighted the importance of snug supportive undercrackers 😳

Trial mtb ride a week later with 2 pairs of cycle shorts keeping things in check gave me the confidence to do the Coed Y Brenin enduro 3 days later. Sharp blow to the nuts on a step section due to people in front stopping brought a tear to my eye.

They don’t appreciate being jiggled so keep’m snug.

bryan-g-

I gave it a week before a gentle cycle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How long off the bike post vasectomy?’ is closed to new replies.