Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • How long is your commute?
  • number18
    Free Member

The shortest route is 7 miles and I often ride that way in a morning, although sometimes it gets extended and I do a 30 mile loop to work.

On the way home I never ride the shortest route. I think the shortest I’ve done is 25 miles and the longest 62.5mi (100k).

I should add that I only commute by bike once a week!

gerti
    Free Member

5.1 miles there, 18.8 miles home…

The way there involves a train.

turboferret

20k each way, I tend to alternate riding and running, although I can take the train or motorbike/car when required/tired!

Cheers, Rich

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maxlite
    Free Member

6 miles each way, mostly cycle track (first 2 miles is pitch black in winter), last 4 miles is a lovely ride along sea front.

Best part of going into work!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

41 miles there and back, 3,500ft of climbing. 1hr 20 each way on the bike. 40 mins in the car. Both on the same route, through countryside.

Unfortunately I don’t get the option to ride in much as I have to do school runs normally, but tend to do it every so often.

Biked in the last couple of days, and know about it today, just very tired. Not sure I could do that distance more than once / twice a week

simon_g

10 miles each way at my last client. Enough to feel like a decent ride, and even with SE London’s traffic lights can comfortably get from home to office desk via the shower in an hour.

thepurist

18 miles each way here, I split it so drive/ride then ride/drive. Been doing it twice a week over the summer but other evening stuff changes in winter so it’s only practical to do it once a week most of the time. Mainly quiet roads, not too hilly, about an hour hone and a tad more going in.

senorj

25 mile each way.
    You lot are super quick,I once had a green wave,(all traffic lights green) and I did it in 1hour33.
    Normally it takes 1.45/50.
    These days I prefer to do a long off road ride home and go like the clappers on the road, the morning after.

bails

~12 miles each way. I do 2 or 3 days a week on a good week, 1 or none on a bad week. Takes about 45-50 minutes, would be quicker on open roads, but junctions slow you down.

TBH a few miles shorter would be good. I drive from town to town rather than through the middle of a city so the bike is 30 minutes slower on a low traffic day (a few minutes on 40mph roads, then onto 70mph DC, then a mile of 40mph, then work), through to equal to driving on a catastrophically bad traffic day.

I like it, but it’s a real time sink (15 minutes getting changed/showered at each end, plus an average of 20 minutes added onto each leg of the journey). But then it means I ride a bike during the week, when a MTB ride usually involves loading the car up and driving for 1-3 hours to get somewhere with hills/trails.

EDIT: Daffy, that’s bloody quick!

SaxonRider

4 miles each way with a few small hills bumps on the way. Takes me about 15 minutes at each end of the day.

I actually wish it was longer.

Kryton57

Between yesterday and tomorrow mine will be 4.5hrs each way.

nathb
    Free Member

6 miles in which takes 25-30 mins (20 mins actually moving), 6 to ?? Miles via Regents or Richmond park on the way home.

Cycle into work slowly but in cycle kit (running shorts over the Lycra ones – got to leave some dignity remaining). I don’t shower, but my suit/shirts/shoes etc are left at work (shirts are dry cleaned regularly at a place near work).

If it’s raining I take the tube – 45 mins door to door.

labsey
    Free Member

Either three miles of A6 or five miles of NCN62. Either way has hills so I shower when I get to work.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘How long is your commute?’ is closed to new replies.