• This topic has 113 replies, 107 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • How long have you been with your other half?
  • ton

30yrs together 25 married.

senorj

24 years. not married.

Half my life – 21 years. Lived together 20 years, married 18, 13 yr old daughter.

Had a good go at pissing each other off along the way, I had a good go at destroying everything a couple of years ago, finally realised we couldn’t be without each other. We totally get each other. Best mates!

Coyote
    Free Member

Met when I was 20 and she was 18. Been together 26 years, married for 20.

Happy? You bet.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Wife. Met 27 years ago. Married 23, and will be divorced next year…

My actual OH. 2 years

It’s sad. But there is not necessarily anything special about long durations of marriage, or mortgage…

andypaul99
    Free Member

12 long years

grizedaleforest

My only regrets: not becoming a parent earlier and not having more than one child.

Same here – totally with you on that. Why did no-one tell me (and make me believe them)?!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

8 months. Going well so far! 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Met mine when I was 23.. I’m now 49. So that’s 25 years. TWENTY FIVE years! (We split up a year ago).

Keando

38 years (Married for 30)

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Met in Sweden on a Uni trip in 1999. She was planning to come and study in the UK the following year. I was smitten and said that I could ‘show her the sites’ when she arrived, exchanged numbers but never thought I would see her again. 9 months later she called me and said in broken English “I’ve just arrived in London…. Can you meet me?”. I did and 10 years later we got married.

rascal
    Free Member

20 years in Dec …married 3 years today 😛

warton
    Free Member

8 years,5 year wedding anniversary in April.

mugsys_m8

Got together 11 years ago next month. Married for 7 1/2 years. Children aged 5 and 3.

I always remind her that she often told me she would never be my girlfriend…. She is however the most awesomemest. (hi mrs_m!)

willard

Seven years together, four years married (well, four and almost a half).

Really do wish I had met her several years before I did.

KonaTC

Met just over 32 years ago, on Sunday evening in a local pub where I worked and married 4 years later 😀

HansRey

mmm, 3 and a bit years, not married. No kids. No dog (yet!).

Eyepic
    Free Member

33years Married 29….. early days yet

Trekster

Met @ 15
    Married @ 20
    40th anniversary next year
    Currently sunning ourselves by a poolside in Crete 😆

footflaps

Met 4 ish years ago, married 7.5 weeks ago…..

ski
    Free Member

On and off for 27 years, been married for 17….

sprocker
    Free Member

Together for 12 years married for 11 1/2 years. I moved pretty quick !!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

first met my OH in 1999
    got together at 2006 (she promptly moved nearly 12,000 miles away, luckily she moved back a few months later)

only regret is not getting together sooner, but I was stupid

Pickers

Coming up to 26 years here, 22 married. We really are best mates, no need to look elsewhere.

joolsburger
    Free Member

20 years 15 married in September. All good.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

15 1/2 years. Met the weekend Coulthard took out half the grid at the Spa F1 GP.

Married for 12 1/2 years and still blissfully happy! 😀

prawny

10 years together in January married 8 years in April 2 kids.

Happy as a pig in doodoo.

Quick edit:

Never been unfaithful either. Despite a fair few opportunities. Although I think I could do with some of that bipolar medication now we’ve got two kids.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Chattig to an old uni mate at the weekend who’s been with his other half for 20 years. My wife exclaims “that’s a long time”. I then point out we’ve been married for 12 years, together for about 5 years before that, which adds up to 17….

2 kids too, who’ve added at least 20 years onto it it fells like…

carlosg
    Free Member

Met mrscarlos at the end of ’97 she was 16 I was 17 and I fell for her the second she walked through the door, before that I didn’t believe in love at first sight. We were the best of mates for nearly 2 years and both had other relationships before we fell upon each other in a nightclub and have been together ever since , so thats 25 years married for 12 of them. I wouldn’t swap her for anything.
    Despite plenty of opportunities I have never once been tempted to be unfaithful.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

3 and a half years here, living happily in sin for about 18 months. 1 very adored and spoiled hound.

I was married, briefly, in my early 20s, it didn’t work out. Happy now though.

taxi25
    Free Member

30yrs, silver wedding anniversary next year. Wouldn’t say it’s all been plain sailing, how could it be. But I wouldnt say no to another 30 years.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

3 years, 6 months and 12 days since our first date.

kimbers

together (most of the time) for 15 years married, 4 years last week, 2 kids aged 3 and 1
    🙂

Pyro

She’s been putting up with me for 7 years.

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘How long have you been with your other half?’ is closed to new replies.