• This topic has 130 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • How long have you been frequenting the forum?
  • househusband

Since about 2003/4..?

It’d be just as interesting to know how many people have changed username in their time on the forum.

ski
    Free Member

mrmo, you know he searches for his name? 😉

Been here a while, scotiedog back before the hack, how long ago was that?

I miss ‘Big Mike’ the chef from Worcester, does anyone know how he is doing?

mattk
    Free Member

Not sure, but long enough to remember the ‘caught a burglar so I owned him with bombers’ thread.

Also im sure I remember a mass flounce when stw created the chat forum.

epicyclo

Well before the Great Hack, but can’t remember.

Lost my original username too, which was a bummer.

onewheelgood

I was on Gofar and urc, and subscribed from issue 1. Didn’t really care if it was any good, just thought it was worth supporting people with the cojones to do the sort of thing most of us just talk about over a beer but never get around to.

seavers
    Free Member

Not very long really…matter of months but lurked for a year or so, maybe more…. Remember TJ and the gang but wasn’t an active poster then. Looked at other forums but never joined, quite like it here.

bernard
    Free Member

I’ve just remembered i did have to change my name around the crash because I couldnt get the original one back.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

2002 or 2001? On/off.

Met some really nice riding folk from the original days until it went politically correct and watched the originals disappear 🙁

Although some nice folk are joining too.

So basically too long!

scotroutes

I can see why you changed it. Was the “A” short for something?

CountZero

I’m thinking about ten years, I have a persistent memory of finding STW in 2003, but I could easily be wrong, and it being earlier. I did change my username back when it was easy to do, and used XipeTotec for a while. I kept causing me issues loging in on different devices, so I changed back. Wish I’d kept it after the Great Hack. 😐

bernard
    Free Member

I can see why you changed it. Was the “A” short for something?

Took me a few minutes to get that, coffee on keyboard moment

Junkyard
    Free Member

5-6 years ish at a guess and pre hack

anagallis_arvensis

Vanderman was that some anti biking troll? Seems to ring a bell.

scotroutes

Drac

Nice Scotroutes.

Drac

chewkw
    Free Member

I think since 2001 or 2002 so about 11 or 12 years.

I was looking for 2nd hand parts to build my bikes then.

It was Lovewookie that told me I could get them cheap on STW Classified.

:mrgreen:

Kryton57

A year or two, basically since the latest argument ruined bikemagic…..

nickc

I had a massive argument with Shaun at one point (about disc brakes), so at least that far back.

Must get out for a ride…(see what I did there?)

bigtimebones
    Free Member

About 3 weeks but addicted already 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

9 years now, under this and my previous username – had to change after my employers internal fraud squad gave me a detailed record how much time I spent on here in working hours…. 😳

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

6 years or so added the mk2 after the great hack

rOcKeTdOg

I miss ‘Big Mike’ the chef from Worcester, does anyone know how he is doing?

big Mike AKA Mike?
    last i heard he was chefing at the kings arms in Ombersley

Trekster

Another GoFar member here…
    It was all about Red Bull and Coed y Brenin in those days 🙄
    Mate and I actually won our class on a GoFar sponsored Trailquest event 😕 Dave was messing around on a scooter, the room fell silent when our names were called in the same manner as when you walk into a local pub as a visitor ❗
    Also attended the ’05 Verbier hol which was ace…. 😆

Dibbs
    Free Member

Another Gofar member here and I have all mag issues 1 to 83 (how sad).

oldgit
    Free Member

Since the publication of the first mag.

JulianA
    Free Member

Long enough to remember (and miss) DizInAustria. She was (and presumably still is) a nice lady. What happened to her?

So, quite a while… Probably ten years. Too long! Gave up mountain biking a long while ago…

Mister-P
    Free Member

12 years I reckon. Could be 13. Damn I feel old.

DrP

About ten years too!

I remember when you didn’t log in – just typed some guff, insulted a few people, then signed it off “pete-poddy” or something….

Thems were the days…

Now I think you’re all a bunch of wannabee weekend warriors…

Pete-Poddy

scotroutes

She went to Austria

JulianA
    Free Member

@scotroutes – nah, she was there already! As her login name might have suggested… Nice try on the sarcasm, but you’ll have to try harder than that!

scotroutes

Well – she started as “Diz” and then became “Dizinaustria”. She had started up a MTB vacation company (Over the Edge) with a friend out there. Pretty sure some folk off STW went out for a holiday.

Edit http://www.youtube.com/user/dizinaustria

SaxonRider

I lurked under the same name for a few years before the Hack, probably going back to 2003 or 2004. I only really started to post to any extent right before the hack, and resumed at my gentle, measured pace immediately after. Which compared to some on here, is next to never.

Ironically, this place has been almost as entertaining as my bike itself; and it must surely have saved me on countless purchases the cost of at least one bike due to the advice I have received. Now, that is good value! 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘How long have you been frequenting this forum?’

Too long, that’s for sure.

Only thing is, there’s no other forum that’s so full of ‘entertainment’ (for want of a better word)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Well – she started as “Diz” and then became “Dizinaustria”. She had started up a MTB vacation company (Over the Edge) with a friend out there. Pretty sure some folk off STW went out for a holiday.

Edit http://www.youtube.com/user/dizinaustria

Yup, I went out there in 2008, she folded it all up about a year later..
    She’s living in Germany with her O/H now I think.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Long enough ago that I still owned a mountainbike. 4 or 5 years.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Since the start.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Been here since 2003

swavis

I first started lurking about a year before the big hack and signed up shortly after so a few years.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Long enough a go to remember when this were all fields & when Chipps mark & he who shall not be named were discussing opening this forum over on bike magic, still have fond memories of the fallout 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘How long have you been frequenting the forum?’ is closed to new replies.