Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • How long does Cokecola have left- do you drink it ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

As we hear more and more how bad sugar is for you and the gross amounts in fizzy drinks how long have these companies got left ? The alternatives or sugar free that are loaded with sweetners are equally as bad for you – aspartame etc

Do you partake in the fizzy drinks phenomenon???

Could fizzy drinks be the next cigarette type of bad for your health thing ??

I hate any fizzy drinks gets right up my nose !

brakes
    Free Member

I have the occasional (every couple of weeks) Coke Zero as it quenches my thirst and full-fat coke at the caf during a ride for the sugar.

woody74

It’s like a Big Mac. If you eat them once in a while then it is fine, Its the nobs that eat them every day and wonder why they get fat. Coke might have loads of sugar in but then so does lots of so called healthy drinks like fruit juice. The big problem is that people are just so thick now and do not seem to have any common sense when it comes to food and drink.

D0NK

As we hear more and more how bad sugar is for you and the gross amounts in fizzy drinks how long have these companies got left ?

yeah once we knew how bad cigarettes were the industry just crashed didn’t it 🙄

muzzle
    Free Member

You’re doing it wrong.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

yeah once we knew how bad cigarettes were the industry just crashed didn’t it

Are GPs telling people that want to quit sugary drinks how hard it is to quit, like what they do with smoking too?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m probably months between Cokes (or whatever). I do think though that there are times when a Coke really hits the spot!

Hadn’t occurred to me their days might be numbered though, I don’t really see that happening.

binners

The Black Doctor is a must when waking up with a stinking hangover. Other than that, I never bother with fizzy pop

I’ve worked with people who drink gallons of the stuff a day though

How long do they have left? Well…. you may want to consider that Coca Cola sell more units in Britains supermarkets than any other manufacturer. Even Ryvita!

So I wouldn’t hold your breath

mos

It’s the consumption in developing countries that’s going mental. Did you see the Jamie chunky chipstick Oliver thing on sugar when he was in south america?

scotroutes

What’s wrong with aspartame?

avdave2

The alternatives or sugar free that are loaded with sweetners are equally as bad for you – aspartame etc

Please when making these claims about certain products would you reference the peer reviewed studies from which you have obtained your evidence. 🙂

For what it’s worth I don’t drink any of them sugar or no sugar.

Pigface
    Free Member

I haven’t drunk any Coke for 2 years, I know this because I made a major change to my life. Before then Coke was about the only thing I did drink, no tea or coffee just Coke or fruit juice.

A mate said to me that I should cut down so I did. I am amazed they are still making a profit without my custom.

I feel loads better, have lost a lot of weight and and generally far more appealing to females 😆

jekkyl

I reckon coke will be around as long as the human race personally. We have the caffiene free diet version and I really quite enjoy a big glug glug with dinner. Fizzy drinks are also sold to drink with spirits don’t forget.

nealglover
    Free Member

how long have these companies got left ?

The company has assets of around $100,000,000,000

I reckon they will be ok.

The alternatives or sugar free that are loaded with sweetners are equally as bad for you – aspartame etc

Got any evidence of that claim ?

binners

It’s the consumption in developing countries that’s going mental.

Heres another fact for you. I’m full of them today! In Saudi Arabia, due to their massive consumption of Coke and other sugary gubbins, the rate of Diabetes in the adult population is now approaching 50% 😯

JoB
    Free Member

have a look at who Coca-Cola own, as a company they’ll be just fine

ads678

It’s great with rum!!

brooess
    Free Member

They’ll be around for ever. My Dad refused to buy us Coke when we were kids on the basis it was so rammed full of sugar – that was late 70’s early 80s – the facts about how bad it is for us have been known for decades but consumption of it has not fallen. Cigarettes didn’t fall in consumption until there was massive government intervention and even now there are people choosing to start smoking…

It’s a mass market product and those who really watch their health are a minority – especially in the UK which is c 66% overweight or obese. The masses are, quite literally, massive!

For now, there’s a lot of people who are still happy to make choices which they know harm them. Darwin pointed this out a little while ago… it’s just a shame that in a publicly-funded healthcare system that this means funds are used to look after people who’ve knowingly wrecked their bodies…

MrSmith
    Free Member

Not touched the fizzy pop since I was a student, it’s vile. Not as bad as that red bull stuff, I can’t believe people drink that obnoxious concoption.

soobalias
    Free Member

nope.
    not since they removed crack from the recipe.

midlifecrashes

No-one is forcing people to buy the stuff, I think people just really like sugary things.

Aspartame and saccharine are safe alternatives though, I prefer sweetex to sugar in my tea these days

perchypanther
    Free Member

As long as there’s hookers…….

binners

Darwin pointed this out a little while ago… it’s just a shame that in a publicly-funded healthcare system that this means funds are used to look after people who’ve knowingly wrecked their bodies…

Hi! Hows the view from up there? Nice to see Jeremy Hunt has started posting again…

😀

D0NK

Are GPs telling people that want to quit sugary drinks how hard it is to quit, like what they do with smoking too?

Well they wanna tax ’em, so I think it’s safe to say GPs are against fizzy drinks, dunno about their addictive properties, ask pigface 🙂

Fizzy drinks are also sold to drink with spirits don’t forget.

accounts for the vast majority of my fizzy drink consumption (prefer pepsi as a mixer TBH)

scotroutes

Bloody mountain bikers taking up all the beds in Borders General being an example?

seosamh77
    Free Member

with turnover about 50 billion and profits of about 10-20 billion, I wouldn’t think anytime in our lifetime.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I spent many a morning without a recollection of the night before after drinking Coke with JD. In hindsight I think I should have cut back on the Coca Cola!

P-Jay
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

unfitgeezer » The alternatives or sugar free that are loaded with sweetners are equally as bad for you – aspartame etc

It’s a ‘chemical’ haven’t you heard? Or as the FDA said “one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved”

I drink diet cola (pepsi or coke, don’t mind which) everyday. I sometimes get knocked for having “so much sugar in your diet” despite the fact it has none, or how bad for me it is – usually by my collegues queuing up to buy over priced sugar filled coffees or hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.

It’s how I take my socially accepted drug of choice, caffinee

elliott-20
    Free Member

About 10 years ago I took a months break from Caffeine. I was consuming far too much coffee and cola.

A month later I was back on the coffee albeit in much, much less quantity and I probably enjoy it more than ever but I’ve not touched cola since. The sickly sweet smell just puts me right off. Even when during Mrs Elliott a vodka and coke.

That said, it’ll be round for many years to come.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

As a non smoking, non drinking vegan its the only food/drink based pleasure that remains for me.

Drac

Use to drink loads of it far too much, I was advised to reduce down slowly as quitting is hard. I stopped instantly and now just have it as a very rare treat.

Will it effect them? Not unless there’s on outright ban but they just come up with something else, oh wait they did.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There’s a lot of scaremongering nonsense going around at the moment regarding sugar (bad in large quantities) and sweeteners (completely fine).

This got posted up on Facebook by a friend, its utter nonsense. It’s basially what happens if you drink about 10 cokes (which admittedly, some people do with those large 2 litre+ bottles).

There’s 35g in a 330ml can. It’s quite a lot (about the same as a slice of cake), but the effects have been massively exaggerated.

TBH, its the “energy drinks” that are far worse, like the 500ml cans that school kids seem to drink every morning, which have at least double that.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Wrong type of coke.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How long do they have left? Have a google of what other brands they own. With the exception of alcohol I think they have liquids covered.

elliott-20
    Free Member

nealglover

Got any evidence of that claim?[/quote]

Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Acesulfame K – They’re not all what they appear to be. Chemical substitutes, I certainly try and avoid them as much as possible. There is still ongoing trials for possible links with cancer – Donald Rumsfeld approved the use of Aspartame in the 80’s for human consumption, even after results showed it was carcinogenic to rats. But there’s also lupus, increase in bad cholesterol etc. so trading one set of issues for another. Not only that but the bodies digestive system doesn’t recognise them so basically stores them as fat anyway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

I see artificial sweeteners in the same camp margarine. The stuff they used to feed turkeys with until they realised it was killing them so the coloured it, gave it a butter taste and marketed it as a ‘healthy’ alternative to butter.

And guess what? Yes, they’re now suggesting butter is better for you.

Don’t even get me started on orange juice.

bruneep

scotroutes – Member

My wife has PKU aspartame is nasty stuff for her.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coke isn’t for the thinking Man is it, it’s for those that don’t. That’s why it’s so popular.

MrsBouy spend most of 2009 in South America (Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salv etc.) and said that you can’t get away from the stuff. In fact they stock it in the shops more than they do Water. When asked why they drank so much of it, they replied that it was an aspirational drink, something to be seen drinking. And conversely they drink less coffee than we do she noted….

I think the company will be around for many years to come whilst this attitude is in place.
    And if they see fit they could simply buy up any competition they pretty much choose.
    They’ve been very canny in their market aspirations…

avdave2

Well I for one always base my health and consumption decisions on the physiology of another species. It makes perfect sense. 🙂

Andy_K

I don’t mind a can of Stoke on a big ride.

I suppose like with anything else, it’s all poison at certain dose!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘How long does Cokecola have left- do you drink it ?’ is closed to new replies.