Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 240 total)
  • How long do you keep your trousers on for?
  • fasthaggis

Aw ,this thread needs some Friday hugz

Edit> Damn,Binners cute kittens trump pandas

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that Panda clean and FFS those kittens lick themselves clean
    I am oot of this group hug …think of the germs 😉

LHS
    Free Member

LOL, don’t get upset stinky, take it like a man. Everyone needs some constructive feedback occasionally! I haven’t called you names, i said you were minging for not changing your clothes more regularly.

Come and have a hug, but can you change your shirt first please?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis

FFS those kittens lick themselves clean

I think that’s how the OP gets a week out of his socks 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I haven’t called you names, i said you were minging for not changing your clothes more regularly.

Ok minging is contructive feedback 🙄

here have some yourself

**** off you **** 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. You mean you only dry clean suits say twice a year??? Ewe.

You work in IT and I claim my £5

If a suit looks shot after 6 months then yes it’s about time I got rid and bought another one. They don’t last long, they sure aren’t made to last more than 1 years worth of daily use and anyway shiny elbows and rippled waistbands, folded collars and creases around your crotch are clearly not pleasant.

You deffo work in IT and you can keep that £5 and go get your trews dry cleaned.

*holds nose

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

TBH i think folk are a little OTT in this area

I work in a air conditioned office WhyTF would I change my shirt every day?

I am devastated, I always had JY down as some horny handed son of the soil, man of the people type skilled artisan, blah, blah, blah !
    Not some water cooler lingering desk jockey !

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bloody hell I was messing around with the sox!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint i am useless with my hands – have you seen my typing 😉

LHS
    Free Member

Ok minging is contructive feedback

That’s the spirit stinky. 😉

binners

Minging is an term of endearment. JY is getting uppity because of his vested interest in cleaning products. You do know he’s a shampoo model, don’t you?

LHS
    Free Member

Head and Shoulders?

CountZero

Jeans, I have several pairs that must be two to three years old, and have never been washed.
    But they’ve only been worn once or twice. I’ve got a couple of pairs that get worn in the evenings to the pub, and they get washed maybe once a year, but again, that’s a couple of times a week, mainly during the winter.
    From April to October I’m wearing shorts, which get washed once a month, if they’re my work ones, as I’ve got three pairs that get rotated, and a couple of other pairs I change into for evenings.
    Tee’s, a couple of days, then they go in the wash, unless i’ve got really hot then they go straight in the wash.
    Socks, once a day, same as kecks.
    Winter, I wear various army surplus combats for work, which get rotated and get washed when grubby.
    They don’t smell, but they get dusty, so just need freshening up.
    Shirts, fleeces, etc, get washed when they get a bit whiffy, which isn’t that often, ‘cos they get worn only when it’s cold, or if a bit cool in the evening I’ll chuck on a flannel shirt over a tee, so wear time is measured in hours a year, rather than days.
    I’ve got many, many tee’s, and quite a lot of fleeces, so much rotation goes on.
    It’s nice to have lots of choice… 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

If a suit looks shot after 6 months then yes it’s about time I got rid and bought another one. They don’t last long, they sure aren’t made to last more than 1 years worth of daily use and anyway shiny elbows and rippled waistbands, folded collars and creases around your crotch are clearly not pleasant.

Pretty much everything you just listed is CAUSED by dry cleaning 😆

Wool isn’t cotton, it doesn’t need cleaned as regularly. Have a google or call any tailor.

A well made suit from high quality cloth will last years and years and years if looked after properly (i.e. not dry cleaned often).

Ask Men

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sheep never wash…

EDIT: – Yes this is real – I am laughing so hard right now 😉 Love Kiwis [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVyytL1TQU[/video]

scotroutes

Calm down there boy.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Washing is a ploy by the marketing men to make us consume more~ water shortages, animal testing and self loathing due to body image would all be eradicated if we got wise to em and let the funk take over.

fasthaggis

The last STW group hug

bikebouy
    Free Member

It ain’t the washing/dry cleaning that kills a suit, it’s the friction and wear and tear that kills it.

I shudder to think a suit would last more than 1 year.

More than happy to buy a couple each year,more than happy.

I’m about to ride around town, it looks like drizzle… 😆

scotroutes

Friction? Try rubbing folk up less often, or learn to sit still.

Junkyard
    Free Member

says you 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

It ain’t the washing/dry cleaning that kills a suit, it’s the friction and wear and tear that kills it.

I shudder to think a suit would last more than 1 year.

Honestly, decent cloth is exceptionally hard wearing, cheap cloth is not. Dry cleaning is harsh on suits.

Cheap suits which are dry cleaned often won’t last long at all. It’s a false economy.

Buy a decent suit, dry clean it less and it will last you longer.

Again, ask any tailor how long a suit should last.

nealglover
    Free Member

Erm.. You mean you only dry clean suits say twice a year??? Ewe.
    You work in IT and I claim my £5
    You deffo work in IT and you can keep that £5 and go get your trews dry cleaned.
    *holds nose

He he.

I love it when someone tries to sound all superior and knowledgeable and then talks total rot 😀

Speak to a Tailor about how to look after your suits properly.

You currently don’t know how to.

_tom_
    Free Member

Fresh underwear and socks every day. T shirts usually 2-3 days depending on smell. Jeans 3-5 days depending on smell. If I wore fresh stuff every day I’d spend all my free time washing and ironing. And quite frankly, I cant be arsed with that.

grum
    Free Member

I shower most evenings too as I normally go for a late night run with the dog.

‘Late night run with the dog’ – I think we all know what that means. No wonder you shower and change your clothes so often. Filthy.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What is this “ironing” business? Next you’re going to tell me you don’t dry your clothes on a bike like a normal person should?!

zokes
    Free Member

Well, I think the cleaner of us are now seeing why there are so many smelly people in the world….

scuzz
    Free Member

Had these jeans on for 3 months now without a wash, got at least another 3 in them. You’re all jessies.
    No, I don’t smell like those kids at school who didn’t wash. (You know the one).
    Dry clean suits whenever they clam up.

Everything else is clean every day.

fasthaggis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RpXTISw_Huw[/video]

piemonster

A day – like a teeshirt?

LOL, at just a day

A couple of days – like a change-into shirt?

LOL again

A week like socks?

not with my wretched stinking feet

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Shirts – every day
    Socks and underwear – every day
    Jeans – whenever they need it

Some of you people are animals.

Animals

unklehomered
    Free Member

It does interest me, trousers for 2+ days is not contended. Everyone, ever the OCD shirtists seem fine with that. Even though office workers spend most of their time sat on a soft seat, legs closed more or less, gentley pickling their under carriage in foisty fug. The top half is in one lair of cotton, well ventiated, not pressed against anything…

Seriously, which bit of clothing do you think gets funky after 2 days?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My merkin.

LHS
    Free Member

My mankini

Junkyard
    Free Member

commando

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Boys smell – and now I know why!

molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously, which bit of clothing do you think gets funky after 2 days?

Well it’s not an assumption, I have a fair bit of experience of wearing trousers and shirts.

Shirts do get smellier faster, for a couple of reasons.

1) They are directly in contact with a large area of my core which needs the most cooling and hence can get quite sweaty.

2) There is nothing underneath them, as there is in the case of my trousers.

If I were wearing really tight trousers hugging my crotch, and I was going commando, then maybe I’d change my trousers daily.. but I’m not 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

They are directly in contact with a large area of my core which needs the most cooling and hence can get quite sweaty.

What are you doing to require all this cooling? Surely if you’re wearing a shirt, you’re not doing labour, exerting much effort. Do you need on of these fitting to help cool your core?

Junkyard
    Free Member

worrying 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Betty
    Swollox.

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 240 total)

The topic ‘How long do you keep your trousers on for?’ is closed to new replies.