Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How long do tyres last?
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know it sounds like a dumbass question, but I have a pair of Tioga DH tyres that have been in the garage since I last went to Morzine 6 years ago. Off to Stiniog this weekend and wondered if they will still do a job – there’s enough tread but will the sidewalls still be strong enough? Was gonna sling them in the boot as spares but hopefully not need them 😉

ajantom

Some of that retro lot are riding tyres that are 20+ years old. Unless they’ve been subjected to massive temperature variations or strong sunlight, you should be fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had some road tyres that went so hard and shiny that they wouldn’t grip on the turbo trainer, didn’t dare take them on the road! And some conti 4 seasons that lasted 4 seasons outside before the sidewalls fell apart due to UV damage.

tomhoward

For the love of all that’s good in life don’t use them! Not because of how old they are, just that they are shit. Properly horrifically shit. Pray you don’t need them.

discoduck
    Free Member

I agree with the above, they will wash out on anything !
    They’re much worse in the wet so pray it stays dry and if it doesent pray that you don’t need them,

Without doubt these tyres are the worst I have ever had on a bike, admittedly it was nigh on 10 years ago but still they were absolutely pants ! In fact dangerous !

parkesie
    Free Member

Theyre great fun to get into a 2 wheel drift on the road and make loads of noise. Dont actually provide as much grip as they look like they should.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Sorry, couldn’t resist it.
    Sounds like you should sling them in a skip rather than the back of the car,

paladin

Twice as long as half a piece of string

rascal
    Free Member

So they’re good then?

rascal
    Free Member

For some reason it didn’t post all I typed….don’t think I’ll bother taking them then – cheers all

patriotpro
    Free Member

Depends if they have a BBE or Use By, if they have a BBE, they’ll be fine with a bit of salt n pepper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How long do tyres last?’ is closed to new replies.