Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How long do sweet potatoes keep?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just thinking about doing lunch and noticed A few sweet potatoes in the veg basket. Must’ve bought them MONTHS ago. They look OK, don’t smell dodgy.

Anyone gambled and lost with these before?

kayak23

If they’re not mouldy or squishy they should be sweet. 👍

PiknMix
    Free Member

They last for ages, as above if they are still firm crack on.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Conducted a postmortem, One had kind of white mouldy looking jizz in the others are getting roasted for soup 😋

p7eaven
    Free Member

I think they’re the cockroaches of the vegetable world. So the answer is possibly until after Universal Heat Death and even then I might risk a nibble.

jag61

The bloody things seem to last forever in our kitchen can’t stand them. I’m sure they will be fine🤮

allanoleary
    Free Member

Good to read this as I bought one a couple of weeks ago with the intention of making wedges to go with veggie burgers. Needsless to say it’s still sat there

jamj1974

They make great wedges if dusted in a little flour, garlic powder and smoked paprika. I have sound they don’t crisp up on their own without the use of the flour dusting.

joshvegas
    Free Member

They make great wedges if dusted in a little flour, garlic powder and smoked paprika then replacing them with potatoes.

Sweet potatoes are alright mashed and baked etc but anyone who claims they are a substitute for potatoes when a crispy fluffy thing is the goal is dillusional.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

2-3 weeks typically here, great with spicy meals.

molgrips
    Free Member

I read a thing the other day that says the white mould on them is actually quite a dangerous type, so don’t use them if there’s any mould. Otherwise, crack on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How long do sweet potatoes keep?’ is closed to new replies.