Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How long did your dyson last?
  • zippykona

Our second one in 10 years has lost all its suck.
    My mother in law has had her Hoover since the 60s. The Henry in the shop has lasted forever but mrs zip wants an upright.
    What’s the same price as a Dyson but will last.

soops
    Free Member

Had mine 7 years and still going strong.

LMT
    Free Member

Mine lasted 6 years, not bad for £10 from work! it was a faulty return, i paid the boss £10 to take it off his hands, home serviced it and job done. Died just before christmas, but tbh did its job.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

12 years, getting a bit tired but still adequate

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Is it out of guarantee – they are 5 years?

The dad of a colleague of mine at work is a senior Dyson engineer – apparently they’re mostly repairable unless something really bad has happened and their engineers are pretty good. They UK helpline might be the best first port of call: 0800 954 0154

PJM1974
    Free Member

You need to periodically take out the filters and wash them. Ours lost it’s suck, but cleaning the filter sorted it out.

geologist
    Free Member

Had first for 10 years, just got rid of it because the missus wanted a newer shinier one!

Cant blame her, the dyson is her equivalent of my bike!

loddrik
    Free Member

As above, 7 years and still going strong. Also echo the point about filters.

Rio

We’ve got one over 10 years old that’s still fine. As above, clean the filters. There’s also a sort of labyrinthine arrangement above the cyclone bit that gets full of crud eventually (particularly if you use it to suck up brick and plaster dust after the builders have been at work, ahem…); you can take them apart and wash them and it’ll be as good as new. Or get Dyson to sort it.

zippykona

Cleaned the filter and checked all the pipes and holes are clear.

nuke

Ours has done about 4 years. The on/off button only works intermittently: you can press the button and it starts but as soon as you release the button it turns off although sometimes it says on 😕 : given this, we leave it ‘on’ and use the switch on the plug socket. It was bought before they did the 5 year warranty; I did contact Dyson and they said there is a fixed price fee to have someone fix it…£60 iirc but that was about 2 years ago.

andycs

Phone Dyson, they came out and serviced our 8yr old machine for about £80. Practically rebuilt it, works like new.

shooterman

We’ve had ours 8 years.

Washing the filter out is really important and makes a vast difference to suction. The actualt contact head broke on ours but I was able to fix it at home.

Next time I think we’lll go for a wet and dry vac so we can spruce up the carpets periodically!

zippykona

Maybe we are doing something wrong as everyone elses seems to last well.
    Shall get a proper service for it as they cost a lot to replace.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

As well as regularly washing the filters I also buy a new “lifetime” filter every 8 months to a year. Makes it like new.

They are about £15-20 depending on model.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

6 years and still going strong….

enfht
    Free Member

ever cleaned the sponge filter?

Cougar

Mine was an impulse buy when ASDA where knocking them out for half price or something silly. (Bottle of milk, check; loaf of bread, check; large vacuum cleaner, … )

I’ve had it a number of years, and it’s still going strong without issue. I couldn’t tell you exactly how long, sorry, I didn’t know there was going to be a test.

ButtonMoon

11 years & works great.

I blow my filter + housing with a compressor, seems to work even better.

project
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    As well as regularly washing the filters I also buy a new “lifetime” filter every 8 months to a year.

Makes it like new.

They are about £15-20 depending on model.

Doesnt lifetime mean longer than 8 months, if so were all living on borrowed time.

duntstick
    Free Member

Some Dysons are worked harder than others 8)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQ_c1UoXF8[/video]

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How long did your dyson last?’ is closed to new replies.