Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • How long did it take you to get home?
  • daveob
    Free Member

4 1/2 hours, normally 30 mins, with three kids in the back. Not fun!

Drac

5 mins normally takes 5 mins.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

1 minute when my car got stuck 50 yards from home this morning

thomthumb
    Free Member

20 mins – not a road on the car. sweet!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

15 mins, normally takes 20 mins.

Pieface

40 min walk as opposed to 10 min bike.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Working from home I have no excuses for not going into work in the morning. 🙁

grahamt1980

About 2 hours, mind you that did include an hour and a quarter swimming too. Back Roads are fine if slightly icy in cambs, it sucks want snow so I can't get into work and go out and play on my bike

zokes
    Free Member

50 mins, usually takes 40. It appears that 30ish in deep snow over 5 miles on a 'closed' road isn't much slower than being stuck behind a numpty doing 30 in the dry….

andrewh
    Free Member

Came the long way back, the ungritted roads are great fun!

grahamt1980

The swimming pool car park was just about perfect for hand brake turns and reverse flicks. Maybe a little quick, didn't get it into gear before I stopped this time

MrOvershoot

As you know Dave, less than it took to get to work. But then I did decide to stay on till the "Total Gridlock" passed still twice as long as usual.

Big grippy tyres going on the bike in a moment 😀

alwyn
    Free Member

20 minutes on the bike, normally takes 15, bloody snow!

grantway
    Free Member

10 mins no snow But NOW snowing heavy in East London 😐

brakes
    Free Member

over an hour, normally takes 15 minutes
    but then I did go to the station to pick up some tickets, to the bike shop for a new light and to Sainsbury's for some dinner
    only just started snowing in London

owenfackrell
    Free Member

About 5 mins longer than normal mind you i only finished at 10 so the roads were empty and round abouts are fun with a hand brake and a high powered front wheel drive car!

mrmo
    Free Member

chester to Cheltenham take 3:30 hrs, which is what it normally takes, the M6 seemed quieter so didn't loose time there, instead it took 30mins to do what is normally a 10min drive through Cheltenham

timber

usually takes about 20 min, but was 40min this evening as I spent 20min wandering around the supermarket trying to decide on something for dinner

chewkw
    Free Member

Usually 5 mins but with the snow about 10 mins as the pavement can be a bit slippery. 😆

More snow please …

pinches
    Free Member

over 8hrs.

2hrs of which sat at J22 completely stationary while a recovery truck, recovering a previously crashed truck, spontaneously set itself on fire 1 junction further from the original incident 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

normally takes anything from 50mins to double that, depending on the car park that is the M62.

Today I (and my boss and 2 more of my colleagues) opted to work from home, so getting home took no time at all 🙂

Have to see what tomorrow is like at 0730. in the meantime I have to deal with the recovery from a system crash in Tampa

zaskar
    Free Member

20 mins by bike.

Today 0 mins-was on my day off. 😛

mrchrispy

20mins on the commuter with 1.5 slicks….pain in the arse.
    took the stumpy out when I got in to test it out.
    It was mental, loads of grip with a bit fat 2.3 @ 25psi, i know which bike I'm talking in the morning.

aracer
    Free Member

Home from where? 0 minutes from work, as I didn't go in. Almost 2 hours home from mini-aracer's swimming lesson this morning, a trip which usually takes 10 minutes. To be fair, I did divert via the doctor's where I was only half an hour late for my appointment – took an hour to do what would normally take 20 minutes, though I drove a lot further than normal via all the back streets to avoid the gridlock on the main roads which were perfectly safe to drive on at normallish speeds. Took 20 minutes to get home from the doctors, a trip which would normally take 10 – had wised up by that point and totally avoided the main roads, most of the delay being waiting to get across a roundabout where my exit was completely clear but which was being blocked by numpties going across it in a direction which was gridlocked. When it moved forward a car length, the complete idiot I could have got in front of had he waited decided it was more important to close the gap than let through the line of traffic waiting to cross his path – got a long toot on the horn for his troubles, at which he did at least move forwards far enough to squeeze behind him.

samuri
    Free Member

0 minutes, I worked from home. They tried to get me to come into work but no chance. Plus I had a nap on works time.

genesis
    Free Member

About two and a half hours, had to go rescue my child and wife who was having a panic about driving in snow! Glad we've got a company 4×4 to blag lifts in.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

7 hours from lytham to st andrews, should have been 4.

took 40 mins to get to the motorway (should be 10), then 50 along most of the motorways (traffic/conditions)

and 6 stops – loads of salt on roads and windscreen washer jets kept freezing over – ended up with a 6 pint milk bottle filled with hot water from a service station to keep us being able to see the roads…

having said that, our main concern was keeping the hamster warm so it didn't go into hibernation (which kills domestic hamsters) – last time it nearly went into hibernation it took 4 hours to revive it!!

dyna-ti

removed

seizednuts
    Free Member

58 min cycle on roadbike took 1hr 23 on mtb. Bloody good fun though 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘How long did it take you to get home?’ is closed to new replies.