Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How long after the event…..[may contain spoilers]
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

So what is the acceptable time after an event to reveal the important stuff in a thread title?

Can we say Sir Brad won the Tour in 2012?
    It rained in Stage 5?
    Titanic sank?

How long do you leave it before the “So what now for _________?” thread to make sure enough people have watched it, heard about it etc.

Pook

I was going to ask the same but then thought that that discussion might as well take place on the ‘official’ dinosaur meteor/titanic maiden voyage/Apollo 11/so, this Jesus bloke? thread so it made it a moot point really.

But I reckon a couple of days.

mattbee

24 hours is reasonable. Would also be nice if Tour stuff was always in the Bike bit of the forum so I can still get my fix of STW in Chat without spoilers, since I don’t get to watch any coverage until around 7-8pm.

scaredypants

Can we say Sir Brad won the Tour in 2012?
    It rained in Stage 5?

See, I’d use one of the already-running threads for those

Titanic sank?

[url=http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/talk-to-me-about-owning-a-sailing-dinghy]similarly, really[/url]

If I was an aspiring or fading bighitter looking for attention, well, that’d be very different

wwaswas

After the evening highlight show for an event that anyone who doesn’t have access to the live broadcast might chose to watch?

Cougar

I’m failing to see why it’s necessary to have spoilers in any thread title. What’s stopping you just putting “TdF 2012 Results” as the subject if you want to discuss it?

I appreciate that it’s a bit of a silly example, but if we said eg “24 hours after the event” then a) some cleverbollocks will be posting 24 hours and six seconds later and b) there’ll always be someone who was looking forward to watching it at the weekend or when they came back from holiday.

Did we all have a commonsensectomy whilst I was away, or is it Non-issue Friday again and I missed the memo?

wwaswas

is it Non-issue Friday again and I missed the memo?

I think the day of the week was left blank so it could be reused every day 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How long after the event…..[may contain spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.